Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

this isn't an invitation to leave the Phish and Spongle megathread and start posting here by the way

Reminder to start naming crawl characters after schpongle songs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

[cracking my fingers at 8am, sunday] Okay, time to register and learn 6000 new words to play a 35 year old game but THIS time on the Goon Run Server (?) even though this is a 3mb offline program

code:
 Run Terminal
Sudo Retarded Goons Service Uptime

Mmmhmmm, but what about the 7 day?

code:
 Run Terminal
Sudo Retarded Goons Service Uptime 7 Days 

Wow... this is gonna take longer to get set up than I thought. Good thing I am not playing the regular program, which has been deemed annoying.

I guess it's time to dig into the metadata ..

Interesting... but is there more hidden deeper in the code?

I feel like I'm almost ready to play

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Here's a picture of the best bug I ever found while playing:

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Looks cool but I don't play games with too much randomization in them unless I'm forced to (Hades)

Joan fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 2, 2022

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

Here's a picture of the best bug I ever found while playing:

when the game really doesnt want you to win that run lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Got the gossamer rune, then went into swamp and lost half my hp in a turn to something called a "bunyip"

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

Got the gossamer rune, then went into swamp and lost half my hp in a turn to something called a "bunyip"

those dudes are nasty. i have no idea what they do but everything else in the swamp seems ez now except for them.

decided to do a DSMo and hope for claws. first run?

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
an orc hit me with a poison spear twice and the dot killed me lol

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

code:
e - +3 pair of gloves of Weightlessness {Rampage MP+9 Int+2 Dex+2}
Rampage is pretty amazing for melee, free step towards enemies.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Maybe it's time to try and continue the quest for a win with all races/classes...I've got some real stinkers left though and it's been about a year since I played last.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Deep dwarf wielding a big rear end axe with the god that restores health on kills is a very fun and pretty easy character if you want to win.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
wtf

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I will stream me learning this game if it’s the last thing I do.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ah. You’ve met Knuc’s boyfriend.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

i guess those dudes can shoot lightning at you but i've never seen it cuz they die in like 2 hits by the time you see them regularly lol.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
100+ runs in, I can't even get 1 rune lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is there a standalone way to play this that I don't have to capture a browser or worse, a desktop, which could be disastrous for me.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Is there a standalone way to play this that I don't have to capture a browser or worse, a desktop, which could be disastrous for me.

yeah, you can get an offline version here: http://crawl.develz.org/download.htm

100+ runs in, I can't even get 1 rune lol

all the lair branches are brutal these days since theyve been adding a lot of weird and strong monster types to them. I only play this game occasionally so I get murked constantly by the crazy stuff that you start running into post-lair

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Wormskull posted:

win key + ctrl + d for a virtual desktop, stream away brew

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

another promising run, it's pretty much 100% my fault if i lose this one. time to die lol.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Brokawaru

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm playing randomly. My Palentonga Arcane Marksman died to a adder.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
hell and the abyss wrapped up, dunno if i wanna try to finish this one tonight or go for it tomorrow.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Wormskull posted:

I'm playing randomly. My Palentonga Arcane Marksman died to a adder.

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
ive been bit by snakes and felt epic when I win only to walk 3 steps and fall over dead like Bill in Kill Bill

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Bless up to the scrolls of aquirement

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
feeling lucky on this run... found a named +8 poison mace on level D2 and I'm just bashing gnolls brains out all over the dungeon

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ah Yes, Gooncrawl :rolleyes:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

heading into Lair

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
died on lair 6 when I got put to sleep by dream sheep and then turned to stone with calcifying dust and I couldn't escape

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

cool axe I got on my next run, looking forward to dying in lair with this again lol

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
:whatup:

tomb is so scary now, i had to cheese it with zin's sanctuary but i think maybe its intentional that you're not supposed to try to fight it out

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

died on lair 6 when I got put to sleep by dream sheep and then turned to stone with calcifying dust and I couldn't escape

dream sheep are bullshit. i think willpower helps resist their sleep but they still sleep you sometimes anyway and then a hydra walks up your rear end.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Muscle Wizard posted:

:whatup:

tomb is so scary now, i had to cheese it with zin's sanctuary but i think maybe its intentional that you're not supposed to try to fight it out

nice

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
dying in lair over and over again

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

dying in lair over and over again

better to die 30 minutes in than 5 hours in. what skills are you focusing on?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
my set up is skills at 25% for fighting, axe, armor, and dodge

I die because I am a loving retard and get caught in stupid situations like 5 hydras rear end raping me from all directions and when I quaff a potion it turns me into a tree

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Even though it's not my thing, I decided to try this game yesterday and beat it on my first try. Don't see what the big deal is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Muscle Wizard posted:

dream sheep are bullshit. i think willpower helps resist their sleep but they still sleep you sometimes anyway and then a hydra walks up your rear end.

I always thought the chance to sleep was based on the number you had in LoS, but I might be wrong.