Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
THE ART OF RALLY = it's like Dirt but it's top down, it's like Dirt if it was made by a pretentious indie studio, it's so good

MONSTER SANCTUARY = it's literally Castlevania + Pokemon. literally you jump around and open paths with mon abils and you fight mons in turn based combat you have 3 mons on your party at any time the mons are so far mostly pretty adorbs. there's a cat with a sword. nuff said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Would rather fight some labia mons with my mouth op

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

art of rally is sick and finnish

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Game pass rules

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am on Forizon now and I did not get the blimp, yet. I must be having storage issues.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Artful Escape is super good if you are into adventure games with excellent writing and slightly more interesting gameplay than point and click

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's insanely bad for mods and non-Microsoft multiplayer games (like Deep Rock Galactic) are insanely busted on it so it's just a "try first" platform.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Xbox game piss

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Colonel Cancer posted:

Xbox game piss

lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Colonel Cancer posted:

Xbox game piss

:eyepop:

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
They removed Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 at the end of 2021 which is a bummer. That series is the main thing that's kept me subscribed all year.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beartaco posted:

They removed Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 at the end of 2021 which is a bummer. That series is the main thing that's kept me subscribed all year.

Theyre on sale for 5 bucks each right now.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Barudak posted:

Theyre on sale for 5 bucks each right now.

Oh you're right, but it still says "Leaving soon" on the page. Surely that doesn't mean they're letting me buy it at 80% off only to take it away at the end of the month?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beartaco posted:

Oh you're right, but it still says "Leaving soon" on the page. Surely that doesn't mean they're letting me buy it at 80% off only to take it away at the end of the month?

Yes. They're taking them away but their 80% off if youd like to keep them forever. Then you can fall behind on playing them all in succession and repeat this process 4 more times

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Barudak posted:

Yes. They're taking them away but their 80% off if youd like to keep them forever. Then you can fall behind on playing them all in succession and repeat this process 4 more times

Oh okay, thats cool that they do that then! Luckily I'd just beaten Kiwami 2 last week and I'd only noticed it was going off the service when I went to uninstall.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beartaco posted:

Oh okay, thats cool that they do that then! Luckily I'd just beaten Kiwami 2 last week and I'd only noticed it was going off the service when I went to uninstall.

So you get a perennial 10% discount to buying any game thats on game pass (if it has a deeper sale for another reason its not additive). However, usually when games, especially more popular games, leave the service you'll see a special leaving sale like Yakuza

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

DEVELOPERS

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I used my Gamepass to see if Star Wars Battlefront 2 was as bad as everyone said it was, and it managed to be even worse!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

It's Xballer.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Colonel Cancer posted:

Xbox game piss

xbox gape rear end

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Buy a series s cheap then notice it has space for eight games and buy an additional harddisk for the same price as the console as well? Thanks, I will (game) pass!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

the xbox is large lmao

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Would rather fight some labia mons with my mouth op

lol i was ready to defend the xbox gamepass against the inevitable first post threadshit but tbh that was pretty fuckin good

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Sexbox

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I can confirm this, since they put the wrong ram in it that's all it's good for

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I turned 360° and stuck it right in

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
It’s fine

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Video games are for children op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

LuckyCat posted:

:hmmyes:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I got the new xbox and have game pass for it and think that game pass is a p good service actually especially when you can get the cards on sale which they often are, but like, I never use the fuckin thing well that's my xbox story thanks

ps also I ran into a really close friend but one that'd I'd sorta lost contact with a couple years ago and we reconnected and hung out recently and he found out I went from a playstation back to Xbox and he gave me a once-over and said "I wish we'd never re-met." And turned his back to me and just drank his beer, lol.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

my computer keeps giving me reminders I have this. But I don’t care! You can keep it, Xbox

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

LuckyCat posted:

consoles are for children which is why i discounted gamepass for so long but i checked it out to play wasteland 3 without buying it, unsubbed, resubbed for aoe4 and now i'm a believer

xbox app is an unbelievable piece of poo poo though, easily the worst piece of microsoft software i've ever used and it's not even close

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I play Xbox on my PC with my the game pass so I can have some alone time downstairs but also play Forza 7 on my Thrustmaster Xbox wheel.

I like the game pass concept so far, but much like the other streaming services I have, I worry we don't spend enough time watching tv and videogames, even though it seems like thats all we do in winter.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

consoles are for children which is why i discounted gamepass for so long but i checked it out to play wasteland 3 without buying it, unsubbed, resubbed for aoe4 and now i'm a believer

xbox app is an unbelievable piece of poo poo though, easily the worst piece of microsoft software i've ever used and it's not even close

"I'mma fire up every time you reboot and then ask how much you like me lmao lol hey is that ok is that cool? Also even if you do get curious about using me for such things as remotely turning your console on downstairs and/or queing up game installs on it which I say I can do I'm gonna move those features around every loving time you open me up because I've updated and now they're hidden somewhere or just gone now. Do you like me as an app? Yes/No/Complete this survey. Hey I'm gonna run in the background as a service is that cool? Do you like this feature?"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

"I'mma fire up every time you reboot and then ask how much you like me lmao lol hey is that ok is that cool?"

i got this the other day and was like "oh yeah, you want me to tell you about my experience, eh?" and wrote them a loving essay lol

i'm sure it won't get read but that was the longest review i've ever written for sure

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i got this the other day and was like "oh yeah, you want me to tell you about my experience, eh?" and wrote them a loving essay lol

i'm sure it won't get read but that was the longest review i've ever written for sure

I, too, have sent MS an angrily worded review of their software. They also got to deal with me pissed on the phone after 2 weeks of trying to install Flight Sim (or any other software) and being informed that I did not have admin access to my harddrive, on the admin account running the program as admin.

Gamepass on PC still kicks rear end, tho, I missed Control free on PS4 last year and it's very fun to show my RTX off to people.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

Xbox game piss

:vince:

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf
I had received a 3 month free trial for the PC version and decided to check it out. It's actually a pretty good deal especially if you were going to buy a new MS game anyways. For the price of Forza Horizons 5 I can now play a bunch of EA games, some card battlers I would have never thought to try (like Slay the Spire or Monster Train) and a ton of RPGs I never got around to. I ended up just subscribing since there is always something that I'll spend a few hours on each month. A++ would fund Bill Gates Vaccine-Human control program again.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Fuisinarting? Is the answer Fuisinarting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i bought these three on steam but i saw they're on GP if u don't wanna support cool indie devs or w/e

BUG FABLES: it's paper mario with bugs. it's literaly that. it's really good and funny

UNPACKED: you put away junk and knick knacks. it has a story. it's loving good as gently caress.

BOYFRIEND DUNGEON: you date your weapons and do dungeons. it's super funny. contrary to the name you do not only date smexy dudes. there's also a girl u can date (dagger) and TWO enby folks u can chill wit (one is a goth scythe and one is Sawyer who is one thousand per cent the best character and also the most fun weapon) u also can date a K-pop singer that turns into a lightsaber IF THAT'S SOMETHING YOU ARE INTO