Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Welcome to another year, and another re-up on 2020.

Family day today, but I'm a civilian now so I need to take leave or go to work.

Guess I'm watching Netflix all day at my desk because there is nobody here lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Can anyone imagine still being in?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
drat almost a month between posts in the ol' Air Force thread. Did everyone roll up into the space force thread? Is there a space force thread?

My penultimate experience with TMO was having the movers no-show, then show up unannounced, pack the house only for me to notice the truck was pretty packed.

"Hey, were you guys going to send another truck to get the stuff I have in storage?"

"What stuff in storage?"

Queue me on the phone for 2 hours with JPSO and TMO on a Friday evening.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Jimmy Smuts posted:

gently caress PCSing, especially to/from overseas. Some people think it's romantic/fun/a-life-experience/whatever, but really it's a loving nightmare, and half your poo poo always gets broke, including stuff that can't be replaced due to sentimental value. I'm dealing with this poo poo right now and I practically have to be wasted to deal with it all. I've been back in the US for 6 months & haven't received my HHG poo poo yet; and my ex just received a lot of her HHG poo poo broken, and guess who has to file the claim due to bureaucracy.

As for the slow speed of this thread, I think everyone just migrated to the USAF subreddit now, especially since Slippery went MIA. He seemed to be the glue that held the SA USAF thread together.

lol I got banned from /r/airforce, but thankfully the /r/airforce discord is administered by different folks.

Imagine, two air force systems not talking to each other and showing the same info :lmao:

and slippery pulled chocks more than 10 years ago i'm sure.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Godholio posted:

That poor bastard. He was a commander years ago, right? He's gotta be in staff hell.

A full bird no doubt

:synpa:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Sacrist65 posted:

I feel that way about Texas A&M/ Citidel grads. Prior E / Academy can be hit or miss.

Especially prior E. They're either the coolest officers or absolute douche nozzles. There is no in between.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
You don't get to live as well as others because of the rigid caste system.

How dare you try to live above your station?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
2nd term and career airman BOP is gone.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Oh, we see you're open to an assignment!

How does Kunsan sound?

Great! You leave in 8 months.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Wasn't there a resume writing service advertised on this site for like 5 years?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
A lovely lady from the Texas workforce commission rewrote my resume and I got hired to a GS6 position.

I can try to find her info if you like :)

Or I can dig mine out and try to scrub it from DOXX material.

Lemme know!

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 21, 2022

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Student pilots at Columbus and Laughlin use onewheels, a modern palanquin befitting their higher station.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Has anyone had any luck with myeval and completing an evaluation?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
lol it's gonna be a shitshow come tsgt EPR time lmao

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Jimmy Smuts posted:

I remember December 2013, that was fun. What was it, a day or two before Christmas the USAF announced they were giving 25,000 of us the boot. Merry Christmas

I lived through that. Felt like Paulie Walnuts (RIP) in the '70s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C7A67OdvhY&t=30s

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Real

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

antimatt posted:

And after 20 years and a bit I'm done.

Okay, well, I'm on terminal leave but it's close enough.

The lack of work stressors made it WAY easier to decide to stop drinking. Five days sober.

I guess this is tangential to the thread but whatever. I needed to tell some of you all.

Welcome to the club.

Report to the BX when it opens to purchase (starcard, of course) your requisite USAF VETERAN hat, an official Base X polo shirt, and look for some jorts.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Hit my 1 year retired a little bit ago.

My worst day as a civilian was still better than my best day while in.

Hint: I never had a best day when I was in.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Jimmy Smuts posted:

You know what owns? Civvies as the Uniform of the Day. My previous unit was like that, and I can't wait for that again as a civilian

You know what else owns?

Mandatory for military, civilians are highly encouraged to attend.

Although, while I'm 'out,' I'm still a GS because I am too afraid to :sever: from the government teat entirely. I'm still surrounded by self-important busybodies who agonize over poo poo like hanging indents, emails, slide stacks, etc. Only difference is now I have sort of a buffer?

What could I get if I went to school full time to bang out a computer toucher de jour degree and couple it with 21 years of active employment history?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 31, 2023

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

nullscan posted:

I identify as a 42 year old with a destroyed shoulder and multiple hernia surgeries. I'm AirPowexual.

The VA has entered the chat

best we can do is 20%

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Arc Light posted:

I'm the only airman in my chain. Supervisor is a retired soldier, and my senior rater is a Marine Colonel.

On the one hand, this means I'll probably be able to write a real narrative for my EPR.

On the other hand, when I finally return to a normal unit, I'll have zero experience with whatever nitpicky nonsense the Air Force wants, so the culture shock will hit extra hard.

You'd need an AF Advisor to look it over, wouldn't you?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Never go Open General

Never go Open General Security Forces.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Failed nuclear surety inspection

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I don't know how soon your retirement date would be, but you'd likely have enough time to be compelled to get it done before you start terminal, i.e. 3 weeks.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
A coyote brown Supreme puffy jacket.

Mad drip.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I still have maybe 11 sand brown shirts.

Good sleepwear and workin around the house shirts.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Space Jam posted:

Does anyone here have any experience as a 13N? PM me if you do. I’ve got some questions. Is there a better thread for this question?

Probably best to check the AF reddit (lol) page.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I'm doing OK as a GS7 with tech retirement and VA disability.

I can't fathom making 150k a year.

Arc Light posted:

I'm either profoundly stupid or extremely committed to the Air Force.

But just about all of my competent colleagues jumped ship for the civilian world, leaving us with only the extremely loyal and the extremely useless at the higher ranks.

You think *you're* committed? I retired out of personnel, and came back as a GS and I'm doing a UPC job in a squadron with 11 military lmao.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I don’t even know what the gently caress I spent my pay back then on. Like, I wasn’t a drinker, didn’t smoke, rarely left base, and I couldn’t tell you where one drat red cent of my E-1 money went. I didn’t have a cellphone as they weren’t cheap and ubiquitous yet, so I’m at a loving loss.

Was dialup internet more expensive than I remember it being?

Jewelry, knives, watches, and Official U.S. Air Force™ clothing at the BX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Just retire lol it's great