Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

The Ogden logistics center is a GO position, plus there’s COCOM J4/5 billets, SAF A4/5 billets, and of course, JCS billets. There are MX GO’s but there’s not a ton of them. You’ll never see that MX badge on a 4 star, though. Maybe 3 star, definitely 2 and 1 star though.

Note: Former MX that go rated don’t count. I knew a one star when I was about 8 years into my career who was MX on the enlisted side and became an officer, and a pilot. He was a huge piece of poo poo, but I’ve seen the unicorns before.

Also: I never once met a prior enlisted officer that was worth a good goddamn in the USAF. The utter loving epitome of FYGM and pulling the ladder up behind themselves. I feel like enlisting should be a bar to commissioning based on my lived experience. But I’m old bitter and jaded.

In fact? Ignore me. And this post.

I feel that way about Texas A&M/ Citidel grads. Prior E / Academy can be hit or miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

lite_sleepr posted:

2nd term and career airman BOP is gone.

That program was like the open air prison in " The Dark Knight Rises". Nobody should have the false hope of a good assignment.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

High retention across the force, coupled with glut of GWOT SNCOs holding on until they hit 20, makes the AF decide to keep more airmen at their current ranks. The argument for this is to rebalance the force.

The failure to recruit to the authorized numbers, slow/no promotions at the middle grade, and the aforementioned glut of GWOT SNCOs retiring makes me think there will be 2013 manning issues again next year.

Buy stock in Lockmart I guess?

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
:nws: :nws:

Can this go in the coffee table book reprint?

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Hotel Kpro posted:

It could I guess. There was some content posted in the forums a while back from some alternate account of someone who got banned, but I grabbed a lot of it and slapped together a third edition. I'm in no position to get another print going right now since I'm in the middle of moving. A few months down the road I could probably get one going

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

lite_sleepr posted:

Hit my 1 year retired a little bit ago.

My worst day as a civilian was still better than my best day while in.

Hint: I never had a best day when I was in.

For the people who ETS'd. Do you ever regret not sticking it out, even though you would likely have been be retired by now?

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
I just don't know if 40k a year pension is worth this bullshit. 10 years ago that was a life changing amoun of money. Now it's less than the difference in what my spouse could make if we focus on her career.

Edit-
https://nypost.com/2023/01/28/us-air-force-gen-mike-minihan-predicts-china-war-in-2025/amp/

lol and this doesn't help in the risk reward calculus.

Sacrist65 fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jan 29, 2023

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

CommieGIR posted:

I really just can't stand Tom Cruise anymore. The guy is permanent cringe in my book.

He's weird as gently caress but his singular mod-brained focus seems to be making enjoyable movies

Or at least his PR firm has crafted that image.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

BadOptics posted:

You see less of Teller in Top Gun 2 than you see in Devotion; though I thought both movies were pretty good (for what they are).

Edit: Now that I think about it the USN has a stranglehold on Hollywood films. What was the last USAF film? I think Red Tails but that was technically USAAF and the .50's having the Star Wars laser sound killed it for me.

Either Eagle Eye or Transformers. Terminator 3 if you don't count them. Any time an AI gains sentience and destroys the world, it's AF.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Godholio posted:

While I think beards are a good thing, I've also noticed a distinct lack of discussion about suicides and assaults while this has been floating around.

Have the rates gone up recently? I genuinely don't know.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
If Im reading that report correctly the AF had a pretty dramatic reduction since 2019. That's ~30 lives saved.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/06/05/air-force-aviators-could-nab-50k-each-year-by-staying-in-uniform/

I get it but....it is kind of wild to think of this in absolute terms. $50k a year is what, an A1C's paycheck including BAH?

Officers getting an A1C's paycheck as a bonus, what a time to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
Pilots getting scrouge McDuck bonuses while 5 out of 6 SrA not getting promoted probably makes sense on paper but it just seems, wrong.