Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Not a pound for air to ground.

Not a dollar for an E-6 father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
wrong thread. Sorry.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Godholio posted:

I haven't seen anything from 2022 yet, but this report from 2021 has some "good" information.

2021 saw 519 servicemember suicides, as well as 202 dependents. The AF, Marines, and Navy were all down over previous years, the Army ticked upward.

Looks like someone's going to have to stay late on a holiday weekend for some mandatory suicide prevention counseling.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

No. None of them are overpaid, especially the skilled career guys. Don't forget that once you have them, you have to keep them, and you can't do that if leaving the service immediately is significantly lucrative to the extent that forgoing military retirement benefits makes financial sense.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
My GI Bill and Army college fund combo covered my tuition at Loyola University of New Orleans back in the late 1990s. These days? lol welcome to indentured servitude, dipshit.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Lowest I ever got paid was $930 a month before taxes for like my first… 6-8 months of service? It was E-1 pay, and it was a travesty.

814 a month when I first enlisted. It was a damned good thing I didn't have to pay for room and board. (753 bucks for the first 4 months)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Hotel Kpro posted:

Adventure isn't a given, you could be stuck at some crappy base for a few years before you go anywhere cool. You may never go anywhere cool but that's probably more of an enlisted thing than an officer thing.

As far as benefits go what exactly are you looking for? Unless you do a full 20 or get disability there's no payout at the end and I don't think you'd qualify for the GI bill either. Or do you just want the free military funeral?

I got the GI Bill after 4 years. Have they changed it?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

dublish posted:

B-1? I'd heard it was a MiG-23.

It was.

So a B-1 crashed at an Airshow in Michigan? I just saw a video of the crew punching out.

I’ll be honest, I was personally surprised to find out bombers have ejection seats decades ago. I guess since none of our other big rear end planes have ejection seats I just made a mental correlation that big rear end plane = Go With God.

Anyone got any rumint on what went down?

Where did you hear this? The last loss I found of a B-1 was back in 2013, and the last major incident was an engine blowout on the tarmac in 2022 at Dyess AFB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It was a (god forgive me) a Tik Tok video which explains why I can’t find anything about it as I guess it was a fake.

:sigh:

Where's Senator Vreenak when you need him?