Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
I don't mind them stopping things like deny existince being used with signature weaknesses, but the change is a little weird. Now if you draw an encounter card that says like "for each point you fail by, discard a card or take a damage" and you fail by 3, you're potentially taking 3 instances of 1 damage, so you can trigger bandages three times, it triggers hypochondria 3 times and you take 3 horror, you can only block one damage with "I've had worse", etc. It's going to take a little getting used to, but I'm curious to see how different it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Regarding Ichtaca in TFA, my read is She's Etzli but got a vision when she was young saying she's a descendent of snakepeople and has been working as a spy among the Etzli since then. The Etzli defend the relic, so Ichtaca has been trying to find an opportunity to figure out how the relic works and then nab it for Yig. The players grab and activate the relic instead, so she panics and heads to arkham to try and salvage her long con. She heads down to mexico city and on the way starts thinking that maybe she can work with us because we seemed to have figured out how to turn the relic on. At some point, maybe in the journey down to the mexico, she realises Alejandro is a Yithian because he knows more than he should about the relic. Padma is a/the chosen of Yig and sees herself as Ichtaca's superior. During the conversation before boundary beyond, Padma talks some poo poo that makes it clear that she doesn't really know what's going on, so Ichtaca performs a ritual to get some guidance in some way (I don't think it's obvious what specifically she's doing). Padma notices Ichtaca doing the ritual and is pissed that Ichtaca is going over her head, so causes the events of the boundary beyond. Ichtaca is a triple agent for the Etzli/Yig/Players in a plan that's going to poo poo around her.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
I think Dirty Deeds has a decent enough place in some rogue big gun decks because the aspect of ignoring all costs when making the shot makes it work well with the low-ammo count of the sawn off shotgun, the exhausting of the beretta, or just the old shotgun generally. I agree underworld market is better the majority of the time, but I think Deeds is a nice enough design that there'll be some places that it's situationally better (probably centering around the fact it's an event).

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
In my Alessandra I ran crafty as a one of. Made most events free and if you aren't using them for plays you can dump the free resources into beguile parleys and turn them into real money with grift.