Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Does any goon happen to have the .pdf version of the Alice in Wonderland fan campaign someone made for people to print their own copies? The links that someone shared from 2022 no longer work, and the creator's files are just .jpgs of each card. I know, I know, I can just pay money and have it professionally printed, but I have a bunch of card stock on hand, and plenty of spare time at work when it's slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is there a generally-accepted rule for when to incorporate investigator cards into the available pool for deck building? Core box plus that campaign? Core box plus every set up to that campaign? Add 'em if you got 'em?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Mrs Randalor and I finally sat down this weekend to actually play Arkham Horror (we had started playing it several times but she kinda bounced off of it in a "That was fun, we need to play it again some time" but we wouldn't for awhile, at which point we both forgot the rules and....). This time around, it seemed to go much better, and she had been more into the Lovecraft mythos since the previous times so she was able to get more into it.

We did the first two scenarios of Night of the Zealot using just the original core set cards (we have everything but Hemlock Vale and the last stand alone scenario, but for learning this seemed the better way to go). We handily beat the first scenario with Roland and Agnes, Agnes shrivelling the Ghoul Priest to a wizened husk while Roland... I dunno, held it in place and killed the other ghoul that popped up? I had more health so I kept it engaged with me while she did the work. We burned down the house for the insurance money after what the ghouls did to it.

The second scenario... oof. We got exactly two cultists "interrogated", but whatever could go wrong did go wrong after about turn 2. Multiple red tokens were pulled, I got both Roland's weakness and Amnesia back to back that crippled my ability to do anything productive for a few turns, Mrs Randalor just couldn't find any spells even with the Draw 3 cards location, the ally that let's you check the top 3 AND the university (finally finding some right at the end)... yeah, it was rough. I'm pretty certain it's impossible to actually complete the scenario with 6 cultists found with two investigators without MASSIVE luck, if at all.

Either way, she's looking forward to finishing the campaign and having access to more/better cards. We do have two copies of the core set, but the actual "starting decks" are just... pretty bad. I'm looking forward to being able to take two copies of a card in my starting deck. Is there any deck building tips for investigators, or is it pretty straightforward what each investigator wants (ie: Daisy wants tomes, Agnes wants spells)?