Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Ripley posted:

Thank! Oh, Arkham Cards is on Android too - I should've done the homework and given you a link, sorry. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arkhamcards

I've listened to a lot of Drawn to the Flame, it's two British guys talking about a specific topic each episode, e.g. going through the cards from a new pack, discussing a specific investigator or campaign, or digging into a gameplay question in depth. Recommend trying episodes that seem interesting if you want some quiet thoughtful chat about Arkham. I'm less familiar with the Mythos Busters podcast, someone else would have a better take on that.

Mythos Busters is fine but you need to skip the first 45 minutes of every episode at least before they get to the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Someone has never played with Arcane Research clearly

(Arcane Research is really really good if you have a big enough card pool if that wasn't clear)

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

thebardyspoon posted:

I'm regretting not starting with that in one of the campaigns I'm playing right now, it's going fine but I'd have a few more slightly better versions of my spells to throw about.

It's one of those cards that is so powerful it's kind of boring to be honest. Lots of people want it tabooed

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
That Akachi deck looks fine as a pure fighter, Vincent is more of a support character who is going to be spending time healing and buffing so you probably want a dedicated cluever of some kind, maybe someone with a bit of flexibility like Finn (if you have them, I'm not totally sure) or Trish. Stella gets worse in higher player counts as she can have trouble actual *doing* stuff, since her strengths are being flexible, not dying and mitigating failing. She's not a bad choice tho.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
TFA is a campaign of high highs and low lows. Some all timer scenarios and so absolute stinkers.

Kinda the opposite of EotE for me, where every scenario is pretty decent but theres no massive highs.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

ChewyLSB posted:

I think Unspeakable Oath is just considered to be too easy? I think its gimmick is quite clever.

Lol someone hasn't played this true solo

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Innsmouth seems to have the most variance on how people view the scenarios. Most people love In Too Deep i think, but Vanishing of Elina Harper has real mixed opinions. I think most people agree that the end scenarios are pretty easy for a climax, especially compared to the start of the campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
EotE has a mechanic where if you get the bad end on certain scenarios you get to talk to an additional team member in between scenarios as a bit of a catch up.