Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Hello it's me the noob who has been enjoying this game for the last couple of months (revised core + dunwitch scenario/invetigators)
Now that i have got a around this game (having run a couple of campaigns), there is something which is sort of bothering me as i have not really find a solution:

I am feeling like I am stuck around the Guardian+Seeker thing. To me it feels like getting a fully dedicated clue gatherer is the only way to not fail 90% of the scenarios. Same applies to Guardian as there are countless hordes of enemies which need dealing, and evasion works for only a subset of it.
Sure, i could in theory dedicate a Mystic or a Rogue to replace the clue gathering part but it would accomplish way less clues just for having some side benefits (the evasion mostly). Same applies for the Guardian.
Let's not even go into the Survivor class as it's essentially useless to try have good outcomes for the scenarios - I might as well go for the first escape route, but at that point is the game even fun?

Essentially - what am I missing? Am I just bad at the game (I am running standard difficulty) or am I just missing some cards from future cicles? Or something else?
Fair warning: I am enjoying very much this game, just feeling that the only way to try to "win" is using a couple of classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Nope I haven't got the starter decks yet, but thinking of getting them at this point - are they exclusive cards or are they just a repackaging of some cards found in some of the campaigns?

Ok so from what I am gathering here it's just a matter of cards, and hopefully by getting some more expansions, things will balance out. Because so far, Guardian and Seakers have felt just a level higher in respect to the others.

One additional one: is it just the Night of the Zealot and Dunwitch or is evade based party not that viable? As there are scenarios where you end up with multiple hunters enemy and you end up spending way more actions evading than outright killing the monster if you had the streaght

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

Very good info for me here, thanks all.

I'll probably expand on the next campaign (thinking Carcossa) after Dulwich - feel free to recommend any specific one. This might be the time to expand with starter decks of classes which feel weak (rogue and mystic)