Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
So far Trish and Mary nun and gunning through Path to Carcosa has been pretty fun. Mary should have favor of the sun (maybe Nephthys if we got enough from final King) and I'm trying to take Trish mostly testless with curse backup.

I now realize that the act card never tells you to advance it, which is why it mocks you for reading the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Which of the side scenarios are least likely to kill your investigators on a failure? Probably going to introduce the concept of them in this Carcosa campaign. Blob and Egypt are probably right out for a first run.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Yeah, the hotel would fit. People got to sleep some time, so we check in and Oops crazy people.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Pretty sure we played this right, but if I draw Corrosion(discard x cost with of item cards) when the only item card in my hand and player area is an item weakness, I am required to discard it right?
We ended up right on the edge of timing out in Unspeakable Oath but still won.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Now I probably pick up the second Justify the Means and 2 copies of Skeptic and ride the bag with 20 +1s all the way to the end

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Gamezenter, which means I'm probably giving them some money in the near future.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Just started running through Circle Undone with Local Novelist Grandma (Curse Gloria) and That Nice Lady That Fixes Her Car (Survival knife Daniela) and boy is it fun watching enemies break themselves upon bandaged up guard dogs and getting stabbed for it.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Maybe the expansion will be a mix of Egypt and the Eldritch Horror big worm guy. Which I can then play in like 2 years when I finish all the other campaigns :cthulhu:

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Am I right in thinking he can have 10 allies max in play. As long as 4 of them are sled dogs? Good Lord that's a lot of soak.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
My math: 4 slots to begin with + 2 charisma + 2(4dogs) from rod of animalism = 10 allies
Can have 12 technically if he chance encounters Leo's ally

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Ah yes, the "Charlie the Dog Walker" strategy. Because who doesn't want to just do 16 damage at 17 strength

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
He gets ALL allies 0-5, it's only the chosen 2 classes that rub off on him in the form of grifts and magic.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
I like the image of him drawing Narcolepsy, just taking a nap in the middle of all his allies, and they just sit there staring at him while he sleeps.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
My TCU campaign is about to draw to a close next session. Grandma Gloria's cursed True Magic and Daniela "The Wall" Reyes are about to go Against the Black Throne. I think these are the two most busted decks we've made so far.

Dream Eaters comes next, and I have no idea who to play in that.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Maybe I'll go back to Tommy, he wasn't working out for TFA so I switched. But him with explosives sounds fun. "Accidental" ordinance on his allies wouldn't be backbreaking

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Zoey talk: :eyepop: didn't think that was the way that worked. Might have to amend my choice if I get to be the monster manager in this campaign.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Slight of Hand some grenades in for when you want to save up some cash for the big dynamite turns, and just go to town with like a BAR otherwise. Might be fun

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
I think the fact that we're playing two high willpower investigators in TCU is why neither of us have any trauma past Gloria's 2 arcane learning traumas. That and we've already technically win the campaign. I'm being on this last scenario deleting us.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Since you'll already be tracking time throughout the campaign, my guess is that they can use that to adjust the scenarios. More time taken -> More difficulty added maybe?

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
It's either build your deck towards what the campaign wants you to do, or you build it to what your investigator is good at. We've been doing the latter and it's been working pretty well.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Our run through of TFA was Ursala and Mark. Sophie is one hell of a card.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Scenario 1-B of Dream Eaters went a bit sideways, but Cho and Mr. Monopoly made it out with 8 exp and only 1 trauma. When you can just wop your wad on the counter and have things get done it's pretty hilarious.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Rolling through Innsmouth with 75 card Mandy and Hammer Lily. Second scenario got real sketchy at the end and almost ended in trauma, but we clinched it. Thinking about just maxing out my deck size and having fun.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Mega Stuff Mandy. Even drawing as many cards as I do I still haven't ran out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
What sparks less joy, if you didn't think it was possible, is Return to Lost in Time and Space. At least when I failed miserably at it repeatedly.