Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Batterypowered7 posted:

What are some good coin capsules to use?

Go for the gold and just buy the nice OnFireGuy capsules with the little foam inserts around the center.

Then buy the Aurbits tokens that fit perfectly in them.

Go! Spend way too much on a game you barely have time to play. Oops, that's me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

I printed out some hardcovers at Lulu but then the binding started having pages fall out after a little while.

I went with softcover for my next printing, which were these awesome ones however, sadly the author stopped making them.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I finally bit the bullet and did it-- over a hundred dollars of binders to go along with the other obscene amount of money I've spent blinging out this game: GameNerdz.com has Dex Protection's nice "Noir"/Black-band 12-page binders in all of the 5 investigator colors. (You'd probably be fine with the 9-page version but I said gently caress it and future proofed it. Plus the 12-pages fit perfectly into my IKEA Kallex board game shelf.)

At least now I won't dread building out new decks and such.

Note: my binder is organized Asset, Event, Skill, Investigator-- then all sorted by release. It helps to export ArkhamDB.com and keep them in a spreadsheet to make sure nothing is lost because holy gently caress is it frustrating to be like "where the hell did those 2 cards go for this spell I needed for this deck gently caress"

Neutral's have their own grey binder, and thanks to EOTE finally giving proper love to multi-class cards, I put them in there as well.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I think Multiclass cards are here to stay, as they really help with keeping player cards counts down. The new format introduced in EOTE really help breathe new life into this game, especially with no longer needing to have scenarios be a certain length to fill out 60 card packs.

Also now that I’ve upgraded to these Dex Protection 12 binders, I have a metric fuckton of dragon shield binder pages that I don’t mind selling off for super cheap. PM me if interested.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Restarting is not as bad as just straight up cheating. I think we usually give just one mulligan a game on a bad token pull if we don't restart.

It's a brutally difficult co-op game so just try to have fun :shrug:

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

resting bort face posted:

I only own it, Carcosa and TFA. Haven't played it in a while and its rough edges do show. I don't own any of the Return To sets either. Does Return to Dunwich make it more interesting? Smooth out some of those rough edges?

For Dunwich it both fixes some things (that loving hill) but also makes things harder.

Return to Carcosa is the one that just makes things loving way harder. Return to TFA smooths out the Explore mechanic which should have been the way it is in that from the beginning.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Return to TFA is almost mandatory. Next biggest is Dunwich due to almost being bugfixes for the mistakes of the early releases of the game.

Other three are eh. Return to Zealot just kind of expands the scenarios but the campaign is still mega short. They should have added a few more scenarios or something.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

CitizenKeen posted:

Thanks all!

Buying the cards out of publication order is wreaking havoc on my traditional bindering solution. :negative:

Definitely make an spreadsheet of cards and then resort your binders using that.

It helped me when I wanted to re-sort my cards to go Campaign->Return->Campaign, and the insert the pesky books or solo-investigator packs in as well.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
You can keep investigators between campaigns for all of those sweet sweet XP gains but usually it isn't worth it with all of trauma that they endure.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
According to a recent Reddit post, someone at FFG has confirmed that there is currently no plans for a Return to Dream Eaters product.

gently caress man, whoever makes good quality fan-made knock offs of the box design is going to make bank for all of us with the sunk cost of wanting to invest in the Return To's for mostly JUST for the physical boxes alone.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Xlorp posted:

Are the Return to box dimensions a standard match to anything? I was willing to standardize storage on something decorated like cool card catalogs. But... indefinite maybe on Dream Eaters+ is not something I can plan on.

BCW 550 boxes are somewhat the same dimensions, and allow for the same divider sizes.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Golden Bee posted:

Gives me a bit of a headache.

Between this and the Customizable mechanic yeah it seems like every new keyword in this campaign is a headache

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
My girlfriend and I have not played this game in over a year, as she last played as Diana and got really annoyed at how hard trying to "pump her up" was while also how brutal TCU was.

I think we may try a new campaign finally-- maybe Edge of the Earth. She likes playing either Mystics or Jenny/Zoey: basically investigators that don't feel fragile/can kill things when doing 2P.

Any recommendations for her? It's always kind of on me to deckbuild (netdeck) for her so I worry that she isn't having fun half of the time with something I pick out from what suggestions has for what she wants to play.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
They licensed all of Genesys to Edge and so now they're just trying to milk any IP that FFG Asmodee has given them rights to.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Yeah there was a Reddit post about how FFG didn’t think of people who played with sleeves, showing a bunch of multicolor sleeves shuffled onto a pile with clear ones. I was wondering where that would pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Time to admit something, after coming back to this thread after two years of not playing: I kind of hate deckbuilding on my own, and I would always rather netdeck. It's one of the main reasons for keeping me away for a while.

Do most people just go on ArkhamDB and find the most popular deck for the investigator that they want to run? Or what?