Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Orange Devil posted:

I don't remember Curse of the Rougarou doing a lot of killing. Lots and lots of walking and a chance of being cursed in a bad way though.

My problem with the side scenario's is that they narratively just don't fit into the campaigns at all.

I do like the idea of being in the middle of exploring antarctica or trapped in dreams/alternate dimensions/time and just jetting off to gently caress around in Egypt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Kalko posted:

According to another post I found there's also an Arkham Nights logo on each card. The retail release was scheduled for early 2022 but who knows what that means these days.

I just got charged for my preorder by the Asmodee store today, so it should be arriving sometime in the next couple weeks.

I really wish they'd reprint the novellas with more consistency. The only one I'm missing is The Blood of Baalshandor and I don't want to pay $12 for a pack of investigators only for Dexter.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Omnicrom posted:

Eh... I don't think so? In large part because they just recently printed the revised core set with all the encounter cards again.

As for Rats, I remember someone made a custom alternate version of them where they just had Surge, which was such a good idea TCU used it! (also they said they were inspired by TCU, so that may be more causal than coincidental).

I'd love a few extra sets of the shared encounter cards without needing to shell out for a new core set. It'd just be nice to have everything standalone within a given return to box, without needing to dig up the right sets and remember to put them back when I'm done with the campaign.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Orange Devil posted:

Just imagine putting 10xp into a single card though. You don’t draw it and now you just suck.

Even if it applies to both copies, which I really do hope, it’d be like putting 2 5xp cards in your deck as your first upgrade. Slightly more flexible because you can incrementally put in the spot over 2 scenarios, but as you say, the card is just not good until you pour in this much xp.

Starting with 2 lvl 5 upgrades is insane for pretty much any deck unless you got serious tutoring (big guardian weapons) and arguably even then you only want to do it if the card is bonkers broken (necronomicon).

If it only applies to a single copy it’s like taking a Key of Ys as your first xp card. Just nuts.

Based on the final perk on Power Word I'd assume the customization applies to all of the copies of the card you have:

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Amazon has the Edge of the Earth investigator box on sale for $28 for prime day: https://www.amazon.com/Investigator-Cooperative-Fantasy-Flight-Games/dp/B096146GCM?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_d121d01c_267&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

sirtommygunn posted:

Seems alright.

Just putting on a wig and walking past the eldritch horrors while they ignore me :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Kalko posted:

A couple more Parley cards:

No hand slot on Blackmail File is interesting. Looks pretty good too, though not for most Rogues.

I like that Blackmail File doesn't specify human, implying that I have a blackmail file on this swarm of rats. I SAW YOU EAT THAT CHEESE!