Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Wanted to give a heads up to anyone that records this to check their recordings. Mine is showing 2 blocks of "To be announced", both an hour and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Hello, my name is Arist and I will be your captain this evening

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh poo poo I got wrapped up in GOTY. I'll be in for a couple hours before I have to go do inventory.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I know the thread says that Yashahime was poo poo (I also thought it was extremely poo poo, and this is coming from someone who liked the Inuyasha manga), but what was the consensus on Moroha? I thought she was the only good thing about it

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I can't help but wonder what caused the scheduling chaos that happened at the end of 2021. I can't imagine Uzumaki was the sole reason for 2 Black Lotus marathons.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Hace posted:

man i havent watched toonami in a while, wtf

the Plague Years Arc here on Toonami has been fuckin' wild*, lemme tell ya

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Blade Runner: Black Lotus - A loving clip-show recap episode. Yes, really. The year was two-thousand-and-twenty-loving-one and Crunchyroll/Alcon decided that this loving show necessitated a loving recap episode to make sure everyone was up to speed on the plot as we head into what will no doubt be a THRILLING climax of Elle trying to kill Brian Cox and Not Jared Leto.

You know, I watched my DVR of last week's episode last night and I couldn't help but be reminded that Black Lotus went with the rather odd decision to have the LAPD cops wearing face-concealing helmets and visors, and like- loving why? The entire point of both Blade Runner movies is about humanity and empathy for others, be they humans or our creations, so who the gently caress thought that this show needed faceless, disposable mooks? Doubly so seeing as despite them being faceless, disposable mooks, Elle has made a point of NOT using lethal force against them, even though she had no problem with cutting a dude's hand off in a fight, stabbing another dude in the dick, and setting off a gas explosion that really should have killed more people than it did.

This show is bad, is what I'm saying here.

Yashahime - The 7 pieces of Maerlyn's Rainbow are scattered to the far corners of the Earth before anybody could actually do anything with all of them together, which is probably for the best since I don't think the show ever established what bringing all 7 orbs together would even loving do. Our trio of protagonists then get into a fight with Crispin Freeman that somehow spills over into outer space (???) but then ends with Freeman just sort of going "'aight, I'm out" and leaving with nothing of meaning or importance having been accomplished. Well, except for Setsuna's lifetime insomnia being solved by way of her taking the Long Sleep, AKA being loving dead now.

Man, it's gonna suck when they fill one of the inevitable holes in the schedule later this year with Season 2 of this crap.

Assassination Classroom - Koro-sensei- or, as I prefer to call him, Lemonhead- is a nigh-unstoppable tentaculoid abomination hailing from regions unknown[1] who's already blown up the moon and intends to blow up the Earth at the end of this school year. Lemonhead is ALSO a kind and nurturing educator who only wants the best for his class of students, all of whom happen to be the downtrodden cast-offs and rejects of the proto-fascist dystopia that is the Japanese public education system. It's sort of like Animal House, except instead of John Belushi stealing fake exam answers from the trash we've got Cthulhu's weird cousin leading us on an all-night cram session so we can pass the test normally; and instead of Dean Wormer we've got Vice-Principal Chapman constantly busting our balls just because we're not his preferred Aryan uberstudenten. Also, if the rest of the Deltas don't manage to kill John Belushi by the end of the year, the world explodes and everyone dies. Also, Jim Belushi is maybe wandering around the campus and making the occasional and excessive attempt to kill his (maybe?) brother. Also, Peter Riegert has been replaced by a HAL-9000 in a shopping cart. Also that woman over there can assemble gunplas with her tongue, it- it's weird.

Anyway, when last we left our crass menagerie of weirdos and losers, we had just managed to savagely beat the rear end of our former Phys-Ed. teacher, who had secretly poisoned everyone's Tusker Juice with COVID-19 while we were on spring break at Isla Nublar, right after we got closer than we ever had before to killing Lemonhead once and for all. This all happened, by the way, right after we made Chapman look like a bitch by outscoring everyone else in the school at a big exam (including his own son), which also scored us (by my recollection) the right to make the top class of the school scoop their own eyes out with a mellonballer at our behest (okay actually it was just an agreement that they owe us their rear end for looking like a pack of dipshits, but I still think that's what we should make them do).

ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM RETURNS TONIGHT @ 0030 WITH A DOUBLE DOSE
Also, pretend I posted this last week in last year's thread

Willo567 posted:

I know the thread says that Yashahime was poo poo (I also thought it was extremely poo poo, and this is coming from someone who liked the Inuyasha manga), but what was the consensus on Moroha? I thought she was the only good thing about it

The consensus on Moroha is that she's a vastly better protagonist than Setsuna or Ryuko, but that's an extremely hollow pedestal to stand on when the show is obsessed with taking a baseball bat to your kneecaps every time you try to do anything other than sit in the background. I personally think Crispin Freeman's character is better, but that's really just because A) Crispin Freeman, and B) He really doesn't seem to give a poo poo about what the rest of these ding-dongs are up to, which I extremely sympathize with.

*Not "wild" in the way that, like, spending a weekend with Raoul Duke & Dr. Gonzo would have been, but "wild" in the way that a chimpanzee attempting to rip your face/dick off is wild
[1]"Regions unknown" may or may not turn out to just be a lab in Peshtego, WI

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

Oh definitely. Moroha deserved better than that show

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Y'all are doing Jojo at 10 again tonight, right?

Willo567 posted:

fwiw season 2 is supposed to be A LOT better than season 1

This is aimed more at the rest of the thread than at Willo who I think has seen at least part of season 2

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently they will be adding a show each week for the month of January.
Yeah I think this is the schedule for tonight

Basically Blade Runner and double Assassin Class, specific episodes below

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jan 9, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The United States posted:

I think this is the schedule for tonight

Basically Blade Runner and double Assassin Class

my tv guide says toonami is a pure block of American Dad, so I happy its wrong

rear end CLASS IS BACK

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

fwiw season 2 is supposed to be A LOT better than season 1

I mean, talk about a low bar...

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

god I missed rear end Class

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Willo567 posted:

She's way better than the actual main characters and it's frustrating how the show seemingly resents having her around and tries to write her out of every fight it can.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
rear end! Class! rear end! Class!

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

TwoPair posted:

See you, Space Mountain Cowboy

TRIP REPORT
I had New Years' Celebration soba at the Japan pavilion on Christmas Eve with a little plastic champagne flute of sparkling plum wine. Also like a dozen different holiday foods and cocktails from around World Showcase over the course of the day, but the soba was what I had just eaten right before taking that photo of Spaceship Earth seen through the torii. I also had whiskey-spiked eggnog and fire-roasted chestnuts later while waiting for the fireworks.

Also, I quit my poo poo-rear end job this past Wednesday, so I am like 10-billion-% ready for 2022 to be better than the past two years combined. BRING IT THE gently caress ON

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
WE HAVE SHOWS WE PROMISE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhonne posted:

She's way better than the actual main characters and it's frustrating how the show seemingly resents having her around and tries to write her out of every fight it can.

It helps that she actually engages with what's going on, which is more than you can say for Towa and Setsuna who constantly come off as too cool for school. Although the finale didn't help by sidelining everyone until the very end.

Polygynous posted:

WE HAVE SHOWS WE PROMISE

Yeah that was funny.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

:lol: "these things always kill their creators!"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

No gonna lie, I too want an video phone that looks like an old timey rotary phone. Maybe not in that gaudy gold color though

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lol, it turns out Wes Bentley just naturally has an anime rear end voice. They gained nothing from casting him.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Bit too confident on the future tense there, Elle.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oops, lost track of time. What'd I miss?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

if you plan on doing this yourself, why did you go back to Denton

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Has she killed all these people in one night or do we just not get to see the cyberpunk future ever in the daytime?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Arist posted:

Neander's dad is mad. Elle and that one guy have a tenuous partnership. I kind of missed the rest.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Arist posted:

Elle: I’m gonna kill all the Titans the CEO!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Shame Boy posted:

Has she killed all these people in one night or do we just not get to see the cyberpunk future ever in the daytime?

That's a good question.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

are you loving kidding me here

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Okay, why did she chose now to change her outfit?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

When did she get the stealth outfit?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The baggy clothes where hiding a sneaking suit the whole time!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhonne posted:

When did she get the stealth outfit?

It's a sneaking mission. Equipment OSP

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
These guys look like a weird blend of rebel troops and imperial stormtroopers.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

New Year, same 8/10 game reviews

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I briefly mistook the Raid logo for Call of Duty and I'm not sure which I'd prefer seeing on my TV.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

this game looks stupid

games with no goals are stupid

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You know, it's a pretty weak lockdown if she can just get out through a panel in the roof.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhonne posted:

You know, it's a pretty weak lockdown if she can just get out through a panel in the roof.

I assume even in the dystopian future there are rules about emergency exits for elevators.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

These guys look like a weird blend of rebel troops and imperial stormtroopers.

it's extremely at odds with how Blade Runner is supposed to be about having empathy for others and what it is to be "human"

and yet here we are with generic, faceless mooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Did she just smack that guy on the butt and he got knocked out?