Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

End of April

Financial Goals
- Pension Pot £103k
- ISA £11.5k
- Short Term Savings £3200
- NW £142k
- Also got an unexpected payrise this year, after pulling teeth to get last year's :woop: - should help me actually make these goals now in 7 months instead of 12

Personal Goals
- Planted a tree, was more rewarding than I expected :unsmith:
- We moved my partner's workstation to the back bedroom so the dining table is actually clear to eat at, managed to start a habit of this one
- Other goals on hold while RL happens

End of May

Financial Goals
- Pension Pot £103k
- ISA £11.6k
- Short Term Savings £3400
- NW £142k

Still lots of treading water but it's better than going down!

Personal Goals
- No additional stuff this month
- Haven't been running or cycling but cricket season has started up again so I'm at least standing in a field all day for a couple of Sundays a month :boonie:
- Booked some flights and hotels for my partner's birthday in August

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Current Status as of May 31, 2022

Assets

Total Cash = $66,413 (+$385)

Total Investments = $83,101 (-$4,705)

Total Property = $592,300 (+$11,100)

Total Retirement = $172,398 (-$2,338)

Total Assets = $914,212 (+$4,442)

Liabilities

Total Credit Card = $6,629

Total Other = $294 (iPhone upgrade program)

Total Mortgage = $254,627

Total Liabilities = $262,160

Net Worth = $652,052

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

what are you reading?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
End of May Update
2022 Financial Goals
-Max out 2022 traditional 457b: $11,500/$20,500
-Max out 2022 Roth IRA: $3,000/$6,000
-Finish maxing out 2021 Roth IRA Done
-Retirement saving rate of over 30% annual gross income (not counting pension payments): 40% (6-month average)
-Determine how I will need to prepare for a possible early retirement. Done

Personal Goals
-If and when COVID allows, schedule long deferred medical appointments (general checkup, dental, vision, psychiatric). Blah, still need to schedule general and vision exams.
-Make at least two trips to visit distant family and friends. Still planning the 2nd trip
-Get a nice food processor and a stand-up mixer. Done.
-As COVID allows, eat a nice meal in LA quarterly. Got some great places lined up for the end of the month.
-As COVID allows, play at least 1 OTB chess tournament. No action on this one yet.
-Take an online course dedicated to the London for white and the Caro-Kann for black. Figure out my responses to 1.d4 as black. Feel pretty solid on my openings, need to start playing more games to test them
-Get my rapid rating above 1300 on Chess.com Still managing to slowly claw up through the lower 1200's

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I got slightly more money than I did last month.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

what are you reading?

currently three body problem trilogy on the kindle, nostromo, and a book called the soul of the octopus which is kind of interesting

anyone else reading anything cool?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

currently three body problem trilogy on the kindle, nostromo, and a book called the soul of the octopus which is kind of interesting

I'm currently halfway through Morgan G. Ames's The Charisma Machine. It was clearly written as an academic text, which can make it pretty dry at times, but Ames's primary thesis about "charismatic technology" is the perfect paradigm to help deflate tech hype.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy.

:v:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i started The Path to Power, I read Master of the Senate years ago and should have started here. also Goodbye Columbus because I had actually never read Philip Roth before

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Reading the first trilogy in the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson which was recommended to me in TBB. I finished the second book last night (just in time for my monthly update post), and I'm champing at the bit to get to the library on Saturday to borrow the third.

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 2, 2022

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Sock The Great posted:

Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer.

the latter is very good imo

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
6 Month Update

Current State
- My student loans: 170k, currently 0% interest, no payments until May October.
- Mortgage on 30 year fixed at 2.875%

Financial Goals for 2022:
- Max out Backdoor Roth IRAs for me/wife: Done
- Max out wife's Mega Backdoor Roth. On track
- Max my 401k when I become eligible this summer. Became eligible with job/promotion. On track
- Put in 11k/month in to taxable. On track Will increase this to $15k starting next month
- Put in 3k/month in to savings. On track
- Start a 529 plan for Baby Evil. Baby Evil just arrived! Will plan to do this later this year. Put $1k/month in to this?
- Increase net worth to the next million. RIP the market
- Stretch: Increase net worth to next 500k. RIP the market x2
- Look in to refinancing student loans after 0%/forbearance ends in October.

It looks like I will be getting a Very Large Raise this June/July, so hopefully things will improve on some of the above fronts. Got a Very Large Raise/New Job starting this month. :toot:

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Residency Evil posted:

Got a Very Large Raise/New Job starting this month. :toot:

Hell yeah congratulations!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
I thought you already made all the money though?

If you are doing a 529, frontload it instead of trickling in money if you have the savings just sitting around. The main benefit is the tax free earnings over time which is why they have that "5 years max out all at once" rule.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Arabian Jesus posted:

Hell yeah congratulations!

Thank you!

moana posted:

I thought you already made all the money though?

If you are doing a 529, frontload it instead of trickling in money if you have the savings just sitting around. The main benefit is the tax free earnings over time which is why they have that "5 years max out all at once" rule.

I don't know about that, but we're definitely comfortable.

529 math may be for another thread, but I've been wondering how to think about it. We do have some idle cash we could use to fund it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

<EDIT: Damnit, I hit edit instead of reply and lost my June update by filling it with the July update. Suffice it to say that June was rough, but I knew July would be better.>

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 29, 2022

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Current Status as of May 31, 2022

Assets

Total Cash = $72,653 (+$6,240)

Total Investments = $80,631 (-$2,40)

Total Property = $599,590 (+$7,290)

Total Retirement = $164,978 (-$7,420)

Total Assets = $917,852 (+$3,640)

Liabilities

Total Credit Card = $8,483

Total Other = $238 (iPhone upgrade program)

Total Mortgage = $254,154

Total Liabilities = $262,875

Net Worth = $654,977

Faded Sloth
Nov 22, 2013

baron zen
2022 Goals
  • Continue investment rate of $3000+/mo with $40,000 cumulative invested in my brokerage account by EOY. Ultimate goal is to have $120k so I can be adequately prepared to buy a second house.
  • Quit smoking/vaping. And stop all forms of drinking alcohol at home.
  • Lose 10 pounds by EOY.
  • Fix my teeth.
  • Run the Hot Chocolate 15k again. Did it once in 2019 then stopped running and picked up a whiskey tasting hobby during the pandemic. Not good.
  • Learn SQL and relearn Python.
  • Build out my online portfolio/personal website using HTML/CSS/JavaScript.

End of June Updates
  • Brokerage account currently valued at $16,800, with $19,000 total invested since the start of the year.
  • Had a couple hiccups due to bachelor parties and vacations. I'm back on the grind, though.
  • Started Invisalign finally. Almost done with my first tray. Definitely makes drinking/smoking harder since I don't want to be doing it with my trays in.
  • Dropped 5 pounds this week after not drinking/smoking for a few days plus running and lifting every day. Need to keep the momentum going.
  • Got a 7% raise this month, which should help with financial goals a bit due to inflation.
  • Almost done with a SQL course.
  • Have a personal website with basic formatting. Need to fill it out with projects.
  • Net worth currently at $370k. Dropped from a high point of $380k in December 2021 so not too bad IMO all things considered.

Faded Sloth fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 30, 2022

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I have about the same amount of money as I did last month except due to inflation it’s worth less.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

June update

2022 Financial Goals
  • Annual budget reassessment
  • Transfer my rollover Trad IRA into my 401k and max out backdoor Roth IRA
  • Meet company match on 401k and HSA On track
  • 50/month into kids' 529s On track
  • Use my company's life insurance benefit for free estate planning to actually estate plan
  • Finish the basement. Stay under 60k all in. Put some deposits down for planned work, but labor shortages in our area keep pushing things back. Frustrating, but nothing I can really do. 7k spent so far.

2022 Personal Goals
  • Read 16 books 11 of 16 read
  • Exercise 1 day/week Back on track
  • Use all of my vacation 64 of 192 hours

Mostly on track for things that are within my control.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Omne posted:

Keeping it simple again for 2022

Financial
1. Max 401k
2. $500/month into my investment account
3. $500/month into my savings
4. $500/month into our savings
5. $500/month extra on our loan

Personal
1. Read 20 books
2. Exercise 15 days per month
3. Build something

Q1 Update

1. Still on track
2. $500/$500/$450
3. $300/$300/$300
4. $400/$400/$400
5. $200/$200/$200

Personal
1. Read 20 books - 4 this quarter, 13 overall
2. Exercise 15 days per month - 12/16/19
3. Build something - lol

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
End of June Update
2022 Financial Goals
-Max out 2022 traditional 457b: $13,400/$20,500
-Max out 2022 Roth IRA: $3,500/$6,000
-Finish maxing out 2021 Roth IRA Done
-Retirement saving rate of over 30% annual gross income (not counting pension payments): 40% (7-month average)
-Determine how I will need to prepare for a possible early retirement. Done

Personal Goals
-If and when COVID allows, schedule long deferred medical appointments (general checkup, dental, vision, psychiatric). I finished healing up from some dental work, general and vision exams are next on the list.
-Make at least two trips to visit distant family and friends. Going to Northern California in September
-Get a nice food processor and a stand-up mixer. Done.
-As COVID allows, eat a nice meal in LA quarterly. Done.
-As COVID allows, play at least 1 OTB chess tournament. No action on this one yet.
-Take an online course dedicated to the London for white and the Caro-Kann for black. Figure out my responses to 1.d4 as black. Haven't really mastered my openings, but definitely much more solid than I was. Going to call this done.
-Get my rapid rating above 1300 on Chess.com Very close now, hovering in the upper 1200's

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

June Update!

1. Raise net worth from $260k to $310k. $287k.

2. Increase emergency fund from $16k to $18k. $17.5k

3. Get fence + retaining wall replaced. Pay cash, hopefully. Goal met, April 2022. Cost: 11.2k

4. Put away $7k for August/September expenses. Goal met, June 2022.

5. Make one extra mortgage payment. 0.6 extra payments made.

6. Contribute minimum $4k to Roth IRA. $2380 contributed.

7. No new consumer debt! On track.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Financial Goals
Savings rate over 50% Dipped down to 49% but this should be recoverable without too much difficulty.
Buy new furniture, spend more than $2K and less than $5K I don't think we're actually going to do this
Figure out how to open a 529 for an eventual future child figured it out which leads me to
open 529 for KG3 not yet

Nonfinancial Goals
Read 25 books. I hosed this up last year. Time to get it done. 15 so far finished a few more last month (all of the Three Body Problem trilogy) and started in on Bad Blood
Exercise 150x over the course of the year. 77 through June, just about on pace. Need to stay moto though.
Ski/snowshoe 10 days or more 8 on pace, but I have to pick up two early season next year, that is tough.
go on a nice vacation with wife went to Denmark, very pleasant

Glad I didn't have a NW goal, that's down about 9% from the peak despite plowing about 50 grand in to various savings

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

Shelvocke posted:

Financial Goals

- 1/4 of paycheck into ISA every month ✓ (surpassed this most months)
- Pay for wedding later this year and buy car as a couple without eating into savings or running up more debt (this should be done, but there's always unexpected costs) ✓ (Bought own car, wedding)
- Earn extra 1/4 of main paycheck within side revenue stream and put unspent into savings (going to discount this one because of below)
- Ask for a payrise at main employment (got a 2.2% raise as standard and inflation is currently 6%) ✓ (I quit this job actually, and new job is effectively 250% raise)

Personal Goals

- Get married! (September)
- Learn to drive a car (about time, I only use a motorcycle) ✓
- Switch motorcycle to electric
- Join fire service (physical exam is tomorrow) ✓ (offered job but declined, work life balance)
- Visit friend for skiing in New Zealand
- Have more fun (not SMART but probably most critical goal) ✓

Good luck everyone!

Progress so far. I quit my job after I realised it was lovely. They refused to even negotiate a pay rise but then made many desperate attempts to keep me once notice was in. I'm now freelance and my hourly is 2-4x higher with plenty of work, and I have complete flexibility.

This has been a really great year for personal development, I think in part because of writing down my targets and taking tangible steps towards them. I'm also exercising at least 3x a week and doing more fun activities.

Once I stopped making excuses for a lovely job and prioritising myself it all started falling into place.

Shelvocke fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 11, 2022

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

July Update: (a few days early because I've closed out for the month and I'm happy with my progress)

Financial
  • Pay off all CC debt. - CC debt at $6800 now. I've hit $10,000 paid off so far. The rest of the year will be go a bit slower, but I'm on pace to get it all paid.
  • Pay for final class/semester of school out of pocket. Done
  • Have an actual emergency fund, fill it to at least $1000. - Fund at $505 now (in spite some dental expenses coming up). On pace.
  • Max out my work's charity donation matching. - Not on pace.

Life
  • Have my gym program up to 4 workout sessions a week, plus at least one non-programmed workout at least once every other week. - Down to 2 programmed workouts and one non-programmed workout a week. Things were really stressful with the summer class.
  • Consume no caffeine. - Failed. I made it 168 days.
  • Graduate from community college. - Passed my last class, officially done.
  • Lose >40 pounds. - No longer on pace.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Current Status as of July 29, 2022

Assets

Total Cash = $63,903 (- $8,750)

Total Investments = $93,049 (+ $12,418)

Total Property = $599,590 (+0)

Total Retirement = $172,477 (+ $7,499)

Total Assets = $929,019 (+ $11,167)

Liabilities

Total Credit Card = $7,976

Total Other = $1,013 (iPhone upgrade program)

Total Mortgage = $254,154

Total Liabilities = $263,143

Net Worth = $665,876

Chu020
Dec 19, 2005
Only Text
August Update

Current State
- My student loans: PSLF'd in January
- Her student loans: PSLF'd in March
- Mortgage: 15 yr fixed at 2.25%

Financial Goals
- Max backdoor Roth IRAs for me/spouse Done
- Max my/spouse's 403b/457b On autopilot
- Put in 3k/month 5k/month in to taxable See salary update below, upping contributions accordingly
- $1k/mo to each of our two kids 529s On autopilot
- Goal: Increase net worth by $500k maintain positive net worth change for the year RIP market, only positive due to loan forgivenes
- Goal: Start a small endowment for the training program I direct, or not if I jump ship Moving forward, got 2 other donors so far, if my bonus is right might be able hit the amount needed to take effect by the end of the year

Personal Goals
- Work out 5 days a week when not on service
- Get stuff together for academic promotion application in July may defer if a good job opportunity comes up without it submitted paperwork, will find out results April/May 2023
- Learn 1 new piano piece wayyy on the backburner, welp
- Actually use the cash we've been saving for the things it's earmarked for got new furniture as a celebration, extended family beach trip this month
- More social activities now that everyone's had COVID + vaccinations
- New goal, actually tend to mental health and start counseling, it's been ok so far, giving it more time

Wife made associate professor (!!!) which came with a nice salary bump. My raise actually kept up with inflation (9%), was not expecting that, so spending a bit and saving most of it

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

July update

2022 Financial Goals
  • Use my company's life insurance benefit for free estate planning to actually estate plan
  • Finish the basement. Stay under 60k all in. Basement egress and water mitigation are done. We put our deposit down on the actual finish which is tentatively starting at the end of Aug! 26k spent so far.

2022 Personal Goals
  • Read 16 books 12 of 16 read
  • Exercise 1 day/week On track
  • Use all of my vacation 80 of 192 hours

I'm happy that the basement work is finally progressing - it was a frustrating few months waiting for people to be available.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

End of May

Financial Goals
- Pension Pot £103k
- ISA £11.6k
- Short Term Savings £3400
- NW £142k

Still lots of treading water but it's better than going down!

Personal Goals
- No additional stuff this month
- Haven't been running or cycling but cricket season has started up again so I'm at least standing in a field all day for a couple of Sundays a month :boonie:
- Booked some flights and hotels for my partner's birthday in August

Whoops, appear to have missed end of June. Anyway here's end of July

Financial Goals
- Pension Pot £106k - now going in the right direction again
- ISA £11.5k
- Short Term Savings £3800
- NW £142k
- Remortgaged to a 5 year fixed rate last month, got in before the next Bank of England rate hike so although the monthly mortgage is going to be going up from January I've at least locked in at a better rate than I would have done if I'd left it to Q4

Personal Goals
- Not on the list but in terms of furnishings we've just bought a digital piano - I had originally thought the space I wanted to put it in was too small for anything but the new entry level Yamaha Clavinova just about fits. New personal goals for H2 include finding a piano teacher and learning to actually play the thing :)
- Going for a proper email app deleted from my phone, no laptop vacation this month. Absolutely need it.
- Everything else on standby until we get back from vacation, don't mind this, can get back into the disciplined list in September.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

August Update:

Financial
  • Pay off all CC debt. - CC debt at $6400 now. Got a raise that's going into effect this month, but I'm further behind than I should be. Not on pace.
  • Have an actual emergency fund, fill it to at least $1000. - Fund at $750 now. On pace.

Life
  • Have my gym program up to 4 workout sessions a week, plus at least one non-programmed workout at least once every other week. - Met with my trainer, and I'm now on 5 programmed workouts a week. On pace.
  • Lose >40 pounds. - Not on pace for this one. On pace for ~30 pounds or so.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

[*]Consume no caffeine. - Failed. I made it 168 days.

:tipshat:

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

August update

2022 Financial Goals
  • Finish the basement. Stay under 60k all in. Basement work started this week - we're very excited! 32k spent so far.

2022 Personal Goals
  • Read 16 books 14 of 16 read
  • Exercise 1 day/week COVID + Vacation made me miss this month.
  • Use all of my vacation 120 of 192 hours

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 31, 2022

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Current Status as of August 31, 2022

Assets

Total Cash = $61,525 (- $2,378)

Total Investments = $90,560 (- $2,489)

Total Property = $591,660 (- $7,930)

Total Retirement = $169,433 $172,477 (+ $7,499)

Total Assets = $929,019 (- $3,044)

Liabilities

Total Credit Card = $7,908

Total Other = $955 (iPhone upgrade program)

Total Mortgage = $253,204

Total Liabilities = $262,067

Net Worth = $651,141

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
So the last financial goal post I made was on September 1, 2021, but I figured it's never too late to come back. I went to Caribana 2022, visited the Faroe Islands for the first time, and I'm going on a family trip that I've already paid for, so my travel savings goal is a wee bit far off despite the amount of time I've had to achieve it. As for the bill savings, I have no excuse, other than I gave up (hence the comment), but I started trying again after getting a new job with better pay.

Anyway, here's where I left off and where I'm at now:

YeahTubaMike posted:

My financial goals:
-$8,000 for emergencies ($2,498.25 to go)
-$7,000 for travel ($5,998.75 to go)
-$4,000 for monthly AND yearly bills ($3,399.84 to go) - I'm beginning to think trying to save for bills was a stupid, Sisyphean thing to do :sigh:

$8,000 for emergencies - ACHIEVED and then some :toot:
$7,000 for travel ($3,641.57 to go)
$4,000 for bills ($2,485.63 to go)

quote:

My personal goals:
-eat breakfast at home four times a week Nixing the breakfast goal because budgeting for breakfast instead of eating it at home is working well.
-get down to 200 pounds 27.6 lbs to go. It would be super cool for my weight to stop hovering around 230, but I definitely have to work harder.

18 pounds to go -- progress! :btroll:

And here are my restructured financial goals for the rest of 2022:
-$15,000 for emergencies ($3,541.57 to go)
-$6,000 for travel ($2,641.57 to go)
-$3,200 for bills ($1,685.63 to go)

And my personal goals:
-get down to 208 pounds (I don't think -10 lbs is necessarily unreasonable in 3 months, but we'll see, I guess)
-eat at least two meals a day at home, unless one or more of them is free (breakfast goal = un-nixed)
-buy a vacuum
-pare down my insanely large useless t-shirt collection
-get my third COVID booster

My goals will probably be goal-ier in January, I just don't want to give myself goals that are straight up impossible and then feel discouraged when I get to December without learning how to put on eyeshadow or whatever. See you in October!

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

cheese eats mouse posted:

BFC
-max Roth DONE
-max 401k (On track)
-save for half of moving costs from earned income by June : 0/$3500 DONE
-keep credit debt under $3,000 Highest so far has been 1500 :)
-$+9000 in taxable from earned income DONE (9618 and adding)
-finish selling record collection - I have 6 left
-net worth +$100k - lol the economic market, +20k

Feeling good here.

Personal
-run NY Half marathon
-run Brooklyn Half marathon
-finish the NYC marathon in honor of the loved ones I lost in 2019

I got tendinitis in my knee after the NY Half marathon so those two goals are out. I got my $255 marathon fee refunded since I bought insurance on it. :)

-move to Portland
-continue ceramics classes
Yea did this and doing it :)

-get more massages
-buy less clothes
-bake more

I have barely bought any new clothing this year, other two have been a challenge as my brain is in dragon hoarder mode, but I think I'll take on the GBBO technical challenges for this season.

So yea that's my update. Things are good other than my huge desire to quit my job and find a new one.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Current Status as of September 30, 2022.

Obviously a bad month for net worth goals. On the plus side I did have some extra cash laying around and was able to top off my HSA for 2022, invest a bit into VOO, and buy $10k in Series I Bonds (which will pay 9.62% for the first 6 months).

The last remaining tax advantaged space I have for 2022 is ~$8k in my 401K. However, my plan has outrageous fees so I am in no rush to top that off.

Assets

Total Cash = $59,914 ( - $1,611)

Total Investments = $89,838 (- $722)

Total Property = $590,390 (- $1,270)

Total Retirement = $155,267 (- $14,166)

Total Assets = $895,409 (- $33,610)

Liabilities

Total Credit Card = $5,236

Total Other = $817 (iPhone upgrade program)

Total Mortgage = $252,727

Total Liabilities = $258,875

Net Worth = $636,534

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

September Update: (This month was really bad, budget-wise.)

Financial
  • Pay off all CC debt. - CC debt at $7750 now. Debt actually went up this month. I'll be getting a bonus this month that will get it back down, but at this point it's very unlikely I'll hit this goal. Not on pace.
  • Have an actual emergency fund, fill it to at least $1000. - Fund down to $100 now. Not on pace.

Life
  • Have my gym program up to 4 workout sessions a week, plus at least one non-programmed workout at least once every other week. - I've got 5 programmed workouts a week, but I've been doing terribly with making all of them. Not on pace.
  • Lose >40 pounds. - Got back on track here, but if I hit this one it's gonna be just barely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

Whoops, appear to have missed end of June. Anyway here's end of July

Financial Goals
- Pension Pot £106k - now going in the right direction again
- ISA £11.5k
- Short Term Savings £3800
- NW £142k
- Remortgaged to a 5 year fixed rate last month, got in before the next Bank of England rate hike so although the monthly mortgage is going to be going up from January I've at least locked in at a better rate than I would have done if I'd left it to Q4

Personal Goals
- Not on the list but in terms of furnishings we've just bought a digital piano - I had originally thought the space I wanted to put it in was too small for anything but the new entry level Yamaha Clavinova just about fits. New personal goals for H2 include finding a piano teacher and learning to actually play the thing :)
- Going for a proper email app deleted from my phone, no laptop vacation this month. Absolutely need it.
- Everything else on standby until we get back from vacation, don't mind this, can get back into the disciplined list in September.

Managed to miss August as well, no matter, not like the market has done anything like totally poo poo itself in the last two months. However THIS

quote:

Has made the last 3-4 years I've been doing goal setting and monthly updates on my financial situation all worth it

Financial Goals
- Pension Pot £103k - lmao :rip:
- ISA £9.5k lmao :rip:
- Short Term Savings £4200
- NW £136k lmao :rip: - I will be happy getting back to even by the end of the year at this rate

Personal Goals
- Had a fantastic vacation in Italy for 10 nights, absolutely pushed the boat out and didn't worry about spending, had a fantastic time and came back to work feeling a lot less stressed about office bs noone should be caring about
- Doing much better on taking a screen break at lunchtime now I'm back, I now eat lunch and practise baby's first piano scales / tunes over the course of the hour
- A couple of weeks ago we did a long cycle for a Sunday lunch at a not-so-nearby pub which was knackering and cycling is definitely not my preferred exercise but it IS exercise
- No car yet, second hand prices are pretending to be new car prices atm
- Think the stretch goals will have to be put back to 2023 until we replenish the coffers after holiday and taking into account the new mortgage/bills cost