Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

I asked this in the insurance thread, but maybe this is a better place: would love a good sense of what's an appropriate life insurance policy vs. income/mortage/etc.

Also starting to think about this in the context of some family members and who is going to be in charge of their care. Are there any good guides of "if you're responsible for someone, you should make sure you xyz?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Thats good advice.

For family, my wife and I have decided we're going to look after her mom for whatever that entails. I know she has a living will, but not sure what she has beyond that. Kind of asking if there's a good guide of things to have in place incase something happens. Less concern about money (she has a pension and good insurance) and moreso about legal documents/things to know.