Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stall_19 posted:

Did Noah really do a Kaito Kyomiya vs Go Shiokazi on a random Korakuen show that's bound to get overshadowed?

In fairness, they have been trying to establish the 4/1 New Sunrise show is a bit of a new tradition look how stacked the top of the 2020 show was

Tag Team Match
Minoru Tanaka & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Chris Ridgeway & Doug Williams
Singles Match
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Michael Elgin
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match
Stinger (Atsushi Kotoge & Kotaro Suzuki) (c) vs. Kongo (Hao & Nio)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title Match
HAYATA (c) vs. Yoshinari Ogawa
GHC National Title Match
Takashi Sugiura (c) vs. Masa Kitamiya
GHC Heavyweight Title Match
Kaito Kiyomiya (c) vs. Go Shiozaki

(Remember when Kotoge & Suzuki were in Stinger? Oh NOAH Juniors)

Last year was less big but yeah, that first one was bonkers. Including Go beating Kaito to start his all-timer GHC HW run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Did you know there's more cyberfighting in the universe in ~18 minutes?!

○U-CUP Rumble & GHC Qualifier of Junior Heavyweight Championship Challenger(15-Man over the top rope rule)
X vs X

○Singles Match
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Daiki Inaba

○U-CUP Tag Team Match
STINGER vs PERROS DEL MAL DE JAPON
Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu vs YO-HEY & Kotarou Suzuki

○U-CUP Tag Team Match
STINGER vs Kongo
HAYATA & Yoshinari Ogawa vs Haoh & Nioh

○U-CUP Tag Team Match
NOAH vs PERROS DEL MAL DE JAPON
Daisuke Harada & Atsushi Kotoge vs NOSAWA Rongai & Eita

○U-CUP Tag Team Match
NOAH vs Kongo
Hajime Ohara & Junta Miyawaki vs Tadasuke & Aleja

○Tag Match
Kai Fujimura & Yasutaka Yano vs Ikuto Hidaka & Super Crazy

puroprogramtranslations.blogspot.com posted:

We are pleased to inform you that the outline of the N-INNOVATION U-CUP (UNIT CUP) to be held at Yokohama Radiant Hall, has been decided. THE LEAVE will present the winning trophy at the end of Day 2.

Schedule
Day 1: 6th January 2022
Day 2: 7th January 2022
Day 3: 10th January 2022
- All three dates will take place at Yokohama Radiant Hall

Participating teams
Noah: Daisuke Harada, Atsushi Kotoge, Hajime Ohara & Junta Miyawaki
STINGER: HAYATA, Yoshinari Ogawa, Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu
Kongoh: Tadasuke, Aleja, Haoh & Nioh
PERROS DEL MAL DE JAPON: NOSAWA Rongai, Eita, YO-HEY & Kotaro Suzuki

Match formats, rules and points

Tag match (20 minutes, 1 fall)
6 man tag (30 minutes, 1 fall)
Normal rules apply, win = 2 points, a draw = 1 point, a loss = 0 points

Junior rumble
15 man participation with the Over The Top Rope rule. The GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion will not be taking part.
Unlimited time
Normal pinfall and submission rules also apply
The match will start as a singles match, a new wrestler will appear every 30 seconds.
The unit of the winner will be awarded 2 points, and the winner himself will win the right to challenge the GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion on Day 3.
The first wrestler to be eliminated from each unit will participate in the shuffle tag match held on Day 3.

4WAY match
Unlimited time
Normal pinfall, submissions and Over The Top Rope rules apply
The winner (the last man standing) will recieve 2 points.

Elimination tag match (Eight man)
Unlimited time
Four wrestlers will form one team, they will pair off and one from those pairs will start the match like a normal tag
The loser will be sent off, and the others will continue.
Match will be decided by normal rules
The team that cannot establish a tag will lose (the first to lose three wrestlers)

MATCH SCHEDULE

DAY 1
Tag matches

NOAH vs PERROS DEL MAL DE JAPON
STINGER vs Kongoh
NOAH vs Kongoh
STINGER vs PERROS DEL MAL DE JAPON

Junior Rumble will be held

DAY 2
Six person tag matches

PERROS DEL MAL DE JAPON vs Kongoh
NOAH vs STINGER

4 Way Match
NOAH vs STINGER vs Kongoh vs PERROS DEL MAL DE JAPON

The top two units will wrestle an elimination tag match.
*If the team in first place comes to a tie at the end of the 4WAY match, that team will proceed to the elimination tag
*If there is a tie between the second place units, the winning unit (tag or six person tag) will advance to the elimination match

U-CUP CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDERS MATCH (Elimination Tag)
1st point vs 2nd point

DAY 3

GHC Junior Heavyweight Championship
Winner of HAYATA vs Yoshinari Ogawa (1st January 2022) vs the Winner of the Junior Rumble held on the 6th January

U-CUP Unit Shuffle Tag Match
This will be a tag held between the first wrestlers from each unit (4 man) to be sent off in the Junior Rumble.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 6, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm back at work today, by the time the weekend hits I'll be 4 NOAH shows behind :negative:

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

What's the best jumping on point for NOAH if I haven't watched it since...oh...Misawa was still alive :-(

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

EdsTeioh posted:

What's the best jumping on point for NOAH if I haven't watched it since...oh...Misawa was still alive :-(

Depends how far you're willing to go back. If you're happy to go back six months, Cross Over 2021 in Sendai (July 11) gives you a new champion's first defense of the GHC heavyweight title and an absolutely amazing junior tag title match. However if you're jumping on there I'd also watch the main event of Cage War 2021 from a couple of weeks earlier (June 26) because Kitamiya and Nakajima have an absolutely astounding cage match in front of zero people.

If you don't want to watch half a year of wrestling to catch up, start with the N-1 Victory on September 12. It's a pretty quick tournament with a lot of good matches (and only a few stinkers). If watching a whole tournament doesn't appeal, the semifinals and final are on the same night (October 10) on a show that is really good and has a very solid undercard. After that, you pretty much have three months of absolute fireworks.

If you really only have a month in you, I'd go with Noah The Best 2021 (November 21), which has a pretty good undercard capped off by Noah's best match of the year.

If you really only have a week in you, start with Noah The New Year (January 1) which is about as good a show as you're ever going to get.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Thanks buddy! I'm gonna check out Universe here in the next week or 2.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

EdsTeioh posted:

Have fun with it. Not every match is gold, but they rarely have a big show where the main event isn't amazing.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

EdsTeioh posted:

This isn't a jumping on point but make sure you catch the main event of PRO WRESTLING NOAH 20th ANNIVERSARY NOAH the CHRONICLE vol.2

It's like nothing else NOAH will ever do again and one of my favourite matches ever.

https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/videos/dLjzd6nuZPAwJAg19uruCS

Starts 1 hour 59 minutes in.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Is that the one that had the 30 minute staredown?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

EdsTeioh posted:

Is that the one that had the 30 minute staredown?

Yeah, there's some very interesting stuff afterwards as well.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Cool! I just wish they had an iOS app!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

EdsTeioh posted:

Cool! I just wish they had an iOS app!

Supposedly they're working on apps

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Ooops double post.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

EdsTeioh posted:

Welcome friend, always happy to have more people checking out the unbelievable value WU brings

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Decided to check out the N1 Finals from last year since that was the first thing I saw on YouTube that didn’t have guys I already knew. I like this Nakajima fellow; his overall demeanor reminds me of Shingo a bit and cocky dudes that throw a ton of kicks are ok in my book. That finish sucked but I liked the match overall.

Edit: I noticed that they tend to use a much shorter focal length than pretty much any other wrestling I’ve ever seen, like to the point that shots from corner to corner will have the far side out of focus. This looks really cool. On to Nakajima v Shiozaki from 1.1.22. What’s there respective positions in the company? Are they the top 2 guys (oitside of Mutoh doing whatever the hell he’s doing)?

EdsTeioh fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 9, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

EdsTeioh posted:

Decided to check out the N1 Finals from last year since that was the first thing I saw on YouTube that didn’t have guys I already knew. I like this Nakajima fellow; his overall demeanor reminds me of Shingo a bit and cocky dudes that throw a ton of kicks are ok in my book. That finish sucked but I liked the match overall.

Edit: I noticed that they tend to use a much shorter focal length than pretty much any other wrestling I’ve ever seen, like to the point that shots from corner to corner will have the far side out of focus. This looks really cool. On to Nakajima v Shiozaki from 1.1.22. What’s there respective positions in the company? Are they the top 2 guys (oitside of Mutoh doing whatever the hell he’s doing)?

Yeah. They used to be a tag team called AXIZ, their 2019/2020 run together kind of solidified the modern NOAH style even as Go's GHC HW reign established it as must-watch. In August 2020 Nakajima turned on Go, who at this point is in the middle of his all-time run with the HW title, & he joins Kongo. They have an amazing singles match in November '20 for the Title.

But the thing is that their story together goes back way before this. When Nakajima made his NOAH debut in 2005, Go started his career in 2004 (this despite Nakajima being just 17 in 2005) & they first met in 05 on opposite sides of a tag match. Kenta Kobashi, ace of the company, tagging with Go Shiozaki his protege, against the outsiders Kensuke Sasaki & HIS protege Katsuhiko Nakajima. And the match is phenomenal. This should've been a generational rivalry, but Go was a Heavyweight & Nak was a Junior for years so they only had a few meetings until Nakajima "graduated" to Heavyweight in around 2015/16.

Obviously you don't need to know all this but I do think it adds a little to their rivalry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

I was assuming the protege thing from the pre-match video but wasn't sure. I *thought* that kick/chop sequence in the middle was a nod to chopfest 2000 from Sasaki/Kobashi, so I'm glad I assumed correctly on all that. Anyway, this match RULED.