Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will update this post as the year progresses. i don't bother with HMs. if i nominate something MOTY then it is because i believe it is the best match i've seen this year, further nominations mean that i think it displaces my previous MOTYC. the same goes for WMOTY noms.

MOTY: Katsuyori Shibata vs Ren Narita, NJPW WrestleKingdom in the Tokyo Dome n1

Shingo Takagi vs Kazuchika Okada, NJPW WrestleKingdom in the Tokyo Dome n1

Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom in the Tokyo Dome n2

Hangman Adam Page vs Bryan Danielson, AEW Dynamite Jan 5 2022

Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros AEW Rampage June 3 2022

WMOTY:

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i will update this post as the year progresses. i don't bother with HMs. if i nominate something MOTY then it is because i believe it is the best match i've seen this year, further nominations mean that i think it displaces my previous MOTYC. the same goes for WMOTY noms.

MOTY: Katsuyori Shibata vs Ren Narita, NJPW WrestleKingdom in the Tokyo Dome n1

Shingo Takagi vs Kazuchika Okada, NJPW WrestleKingdom in the Tokyo Dome n1

Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom in the Tokyo Dome n2

Hangman Adam Page vs Bryan Danielson, AEW Dynamite Jan 5 2022

WMOTY:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Honorable Mention, Andrade vs Darby vs Sammy for tnt title, aew rampage 3/4/2022. probably the best three way match in company history.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

motyc young bucks vs lucha bros june 3 aew rampage

best match in rampage history

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will not nominate any matches from tonight's dynamite but i thought both pac v matthews and mox vs o'reilly were very good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lamuella posted:

It could just be me but it really feels like some people are on much more of a WMOTYC hair trigger for bad women's matches than bad men's matches.

goons have a weird predisposition of certain wrestlers (like marina shafir) and will determine that a match with them in it is poo poo without even watching it or paying attention to it, ignoring the bits that kick rear end (like the constant submission attempts and strikes that both were going for) and just putting all the blame on the one They Don't Like for any possible slip up. New Toy factor is also wearing off on thunder rosa for said set of goons.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

gonna bookmark this post so i can quote it 9 weeks from now when you guys are bitching about why its taking so long for deeb to take the belt off of rosa

i was off by a little bit but lol here we are

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im just lazy so i only nominate matches that get the sc64 platinum award (i use the electronic gaming monthly scale rather than the meltzerdome one)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

This is my ranking system. If i'm not making the face in 4 or 5 irl then they aint moty material. First three reactions is WMOTY material.

good system

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will hm it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hm: rpg vice and orange cassidy vs united empire, aew dynamite june 22 2022

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hm the entire main card. you cannot stop me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

motyc claudio castagnoli vs konosuke takeshita - aew battle of the belts 3

it made me want to slap a barricade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

motyc
Tetsuya Naito vs Will Ospreay - G1 Block Playoff
Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay - G1 Final