Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kevino07 posted:

HM: MJF vs. Shawn Dean, AEW Dynamite 1/5

I cackled at 1:40am, so will give it a HM instead

MOTYC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Jade Cargill vs Ruby Soho, TBS Title Match, AEW: Dynamite 1/5/22

So I was thinking about this for like 5 minutes on if I wanted to nominate this or not. Like the match itself...existed, but I think putting the title on Jade was the wrong decision. Felt like the title should have gone on Ruby even if just for a little bit, to ignite a bit of fire for the new belt. But the botches and the finish being...a thing did not help anyone involved in this match. AEW putting the title on Jade right now is a massive gamble considering how green she is still.

It's a candidate for "worst" at this stage yes because we're very early in the year, but it definitely suffered in comparison to the matches that came before and after. poo poo, I'm not saying it should be punished for not being at the standard of the Stardom match at the Dome show last night, but gently caress me, it definitely felt like both could have done a much better job.

The match against Rosa was probably Jade's best match to date, and this felt like a bit of a step backwards. It was just a very sloppy and disjointed match. Hopefully it's just a bad day at the office, and I suppose everyone has a bad day at the office every so often.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: 2.0 & Daniel Garcia vs. Proud 'n' Powerful & Eddie Kingston in a Street Fight - AEW Rampage 1/7

This was a chaotic mess and I loved every single second of it. 2.0 have just blown me away since they showed up in AEW.

HM for me too. Not as entertaining as the TayJay vs Bunnylope match, but a fun brawl nonetheless. Nice to see some character development with Eddie, who didn’t lose his poo poo at Jericho getting involved post-match like he did on previous occasions.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Punch McLightning posted:

I'm going to do the doofy thing and argue against a nomination in the nomination thread (please forgive me). This wasn't a great match at all, but it was a great angle. Given how hot the crowd was for the teased Wardlow face turn afterwards, I don't think you can really call this a failure in terms of getting that over.

Plus Wardlow couldn't afford to lose cleanly, and Punk getting absolutely hosed up by Wardlow and squeaking out an iffy win fits into the tone of the angle.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kevino07 posted:

HM: Adam Cole vs. Trent Baretta, AEW Rampage, 14/01
HM: Kris Statlander, Leyla Hirsch & Red Velvet vs. Nyla Rose, The Bunny & Penelope Ford, AEW Rampage, 14/01
MOTYC: Jurassic Express vs. Alex Reynolds & John Silver for the AEW World Tag Team Championship, AEW Rampage, 14/01

1. Yep.
2. Nah
3. HM for me

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MOTYC: CM Punk vs Shawn Spears

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HM: FTR w/ Tully vs Brock Anderson & Lee Johnson w/ Arn, 29/1* Rampage

*NZ Time. You're living in the past!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Testekill posted:

None of the current stars are over

Who'd have guessed that this is the outcome when you repeatedly shout at your audience that your roster is made up of loser idiots?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I see the Royal Rumble as a show is quite the hit so far.

How visible was the burning sign?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I take it the last couple of Dynamites are worth watching, then?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

gently caress, is SANADA good again?

Always has been.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Trent Beretta vs The Detested Knife Pervert AEW Rampage 18.02

FUUUCK YOUUUU SWITCHBLADE

I wouldn’t go full beans MOTYC, but easily an HM for me.

I feel like I finally “got” my fellow countryman.

AEW is also good at making people look great, even in defeat, and Trent was no exception here.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I feel like the tag team battle royal is a touch above HM level, although not quite at MOTYC level.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Unable to watch Rampage live today - the rugby is on, you see.

So, I’m getting the vibe that the TNT title match is a bit good, then? You guys are being a bit subtle about it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Absolutely fantastic match, watch it as soon as you can!

RIght-o, see you all in about 50 20 or so minutes.

Edit: MOTYC: TNT title three way - AEW Rampage

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 5, 2022

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HM: Christian Cage vs Ethan Page, AEW Rampage

Good match, but would like to see Ethan Page win once in a while.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Just finished the Dog Collar Match, which according to the FITE stream timeline, is about halfway through AEW Revolution

MOTYC:
House of Black vs Penta Oscuro, PAC and Erick Redbeard (w/ Darth Maul) - I hope this earns big ol' Erick a contract
Chris Jericho vs Eddie Kingston
Jurassic Express vs reDRagon vs the Young Bucks
CM Punk vs MJF - that ending. Define "catharsis."

HM:
Face of the Revolution Ladder Match

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Testekill posted:

WMOTYC: Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker, AEW Revolution 06/03

The match itself was okay at best with it being a clear carry job by Rosa but I'm sick of the loving House of Torture style booking during this title run. If they were going to do this finish than they should have booked it weeks ago and then had a rematch tonight in a cage.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Honestly, I’m sick of this poo poo. It particularly suffers due to the placement on the card, immediately after an incredibly match between Punk and MJF in which someone that has relied so much on interference got his much-deserved comeuppance.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 7, 2022

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

N'thing Cole+reDRagon vs Page + Jurassic Express.

Fun trios match.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MOTYC: Thunder Rosa v. Dr. Britt Baker, DMD - AEW Dynamite, March 16th

It was everything that the match at Revolution should have been, and shows just how good a match these two can put on when they ease up on the House of Torture bullshit that had tainted the latter parts of Baker's title reign.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MOTYC: Bryan vs Yuta - AEW Dynamite, 31/3/2022 (GMT+12)

Can't wait for Yuta to eventually run through the Best Friends, gently caress Trent? up and join the Blackpool Combat Club.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Biff’s been a busy boy this week hasn’t he?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar, Wrestlemania 2022.

God I hate Roman's title reign so much.

Definitely seems like the lesser of two evils between Roman Reigns and Lesnar. Lesnar is wont to gently caress off for ages once he wins all the belts, so at least Roman Reigns will be hanging around on TV.

Of course, you could always respond with "don't book Reigns vs Lesnar for what feels like the 10000th goddamned time then," but yeah, that probably goes without saying.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shazza McKenzie

Why does that name sound familiar? I feel like I've heard that name in context of someone getting sacked for a lovely attitude backstage or being a fuckwit in the ring or something along those lines?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Benne posted:

Nth, and it has to be seen to be believed. This is Rebel/Shelly levels of embarrassing trainwreck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM5_qdWhAxw

It feels like the uncanny valley equivalent of wrestling. Like, yes, that is technically a wrestling, but everything is... off and nothing has any impact.

It reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwG0w35sj0

Edit: OH MY loving GOD, THE BIT WITH THE TALLER LADY IN THE ROPES GETTING KICKED HOLY poo poo.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 6, 2022

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ah, gotcha.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Moxley vs. Wheeler Yuta, AEW Rampage, 4/8

WATCH THIS loving MATCH

THE RUGBY’S ON, I’LL WATCH RAMPAGE LATER ON THE FITE APP

WHY ARE WE YELLING?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Minoru Suzuki (C) vs. Samoa Joe for the ROH Television Championship - AEW Dynamite 4/13

As awesome as I'd hoped. Brutal violence from two kick rear end dudes.

Yep. Would have liked to have seen Suzuki get a nice, meaty run with the title, but the match absolutely ruled. Could've done without the post-match shenanigans with the rapist though.

HM: CM Punk vs. Penta Oscuro, AEW Dynamite, 4/13

HM: Jurassic Express vs. Redragon, AEW Dynamite, 4/13

Yep to both.

Seams posted:

HM: Ricky Starks and Hobbs vs Swerve and Keith Lee, AEW Dynamite, 13/4

Yep, but I kind of want to see Swerve and Lee getting a win or not getting beaten down for once.

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth to all of the MOTYC nods for Dynamite above, however:

WMOTYC: Marina Shafir vs Skye Blue, AEW Dynamite 4/13/22. Pretty sure graveyards were more alive than the audience was for that match, which was also incredibly not good.

I'm not sure if it was a full beans "Worst Match," but it definitely suffered in comparison to the matches around it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WMOTYC: Shida vs Deeb

Look at how they massacred my favourite :qq:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

All of these from the 5/4 Dynamite:

HM: Jericho vs. Santana
HM: Mercedes vs. Deonna
MOTYC: Fenix vs. Dante

Yes, yes, very yes

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nephew and nieces were around, so I missed Rampage live. I suppose I'll take the time to give it a watch.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

It's funny looking at this thread how quickly NOAH pissed away the goodwill it had built up over the last couple of years. 3 MOTYC on the January 1st show, a half one on the 8th vs New Japan, then loving nothing for the rest of the time as bad decision after bad decision turned away the audience here

When it comes to pissing away good will, you certainly can't say NOAH isn't without form.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

My favourite bit is when Miz crawls to the corner and presents himself like a mandrill in heat after the botched bow-and-arrow.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Shawn Spears vs. Wardlow, AEW Dynamite, 25/05
HM: Ricky Starks vs. Swerve Strickland vs. Jungle Boy, AEW Dynamite, 25/05
HM: Samoa Joe vs. Kyle O'Reilly, AEW Dynamite, 25/05

I'm not gonna go WMOTYC on Britt/Toni but goddam was it sloppy as gently caress

Yep.
Absolute banger of a match that would not have looked out of place on a big PPV, and if its job was to get people amped for the MJF v. Wardlow match at DoN, then mission loving accomplished.

Yep
Three guys that can go, having a great TV match, and there was always something happening. Plus the guy that needed the win the most won.

Yep
Solid TV main event, with the right guy winning. I'm actually a bit surprised that Joe and Adam Cole have never had a match before, apparently, so looking forward to that.

The Britt v. Toni match wasn't WMOTYC level, but it completely fell apart at the end. I'm not sure what happened with Jamie at the end, but it's clear at least one person was out of position, or there was some miscommunication. poo poo, did Britt even really grab a hold of the ropes? Britt is clearly still over, but her presence is starting to become a bit suffocating, and it's honestly starting to feel like "Cena/Roman/Charlotte wins lol, AEW edition" with her.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Working my way through DoN, since I didn't get to see it live (gently caress you, work :argh:), so I'm only about 8/13s of the way through

HM - Hookhausen vs Nese and Sterling

MOTYC - Wardlow vs MJF
Pretty much the most cathartic way to end this feud, and MJF did an incredible job making Wardlow look like an absolute killer. Great bit of comedy, and it also adds a further wrinkle to MJF's character (he's good at cheating, and using the ring when someone passes it to him, but he's rubbish at cheating when he has to do it by himself)

MOTYC - Death Triangle vs House of Black
On the one hand, having HoB win every single time these lads meet up is feeling one note (not to mention wanting to see my spooky angry lucha skeleton boys get a win), but every match has been totally killer.

MOTYC - Adam Cole vs Samoa Joe, Men's Owen Final
I really enjoyed this one, but I am an Adam Cole liker, so there's that. Made both guys look good, giving Joe an out, and mostly free of bullshit. The interference that happened never really felt intrusive, and made sense.

HM - Dr Britt Baker, DMD vs Ruby Soho, Women's Owen Final
It told an interesting story, in that you've got the dominant force in the women's division against a massive underdog having a crisis of confidence. Some spots felt a bit sloppy, but not enough to detract from the overall quality. While Baker didn't need the win, it also makes sense, and it was a nice change to see a DMD match without the constant bullshit we've come to expect from her outings.

HM - Sammy, Kaz and Tay vs American Top Team
Really good mixed trios match, with everyone playing their characters the way they should. VanZant didn't look too out of place, and Sammy & Tay were excellent shitheads.

I'll get through the rest of the card probably over the next couple of days.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

Working my way through DoN, since I didn't get to see it live (gently caress you, work :argh:), so I'm only about 8/13s of the way through

HM - Hookhausen vs Nese and Sterling

MOTYC - Wardlow vs MJF
Pretty much the most cathartic way to end this feud, and MJF did an incredible job making Wardlow look like an absolute killer. Great bit of comedy, and it also adds a further wrinkle to MJF's character (he's good at cheating, and using the ring when someone passes it to him, but he's rubbish at cheating when he has to do it by himself)

MOTYC - Death Triangle vs House of Black
On the one hand, having HoB win every single time these lads meet up is feeling one note (not to mention wanting to see my spooky angry lucha skeleton boys get a win), but every match has been totally killer.

MOTYC - Adam Cole vs Samoa Joe, Men's Owen Final
I really enjoyed this one, but I am an Adam Cole liker, so there's that. Made both guys look good, giving Joe an out, and mostly free of bullshit. The interference that happened never really felt intrusive, and made sense.

HM - Dr Britt Baker, DMD vs Ruby Soho, Women's Owen Final
It told an interesting story, in that you've got the dominant force in the women's division against a massive underdog having a crisis of confidence. Some spots felt a bit sloppy, but not enough to detract from the overall quality. While Baker didn't need the win, it also makes sense, and it was a nice change to see a DMD match without the constant bullshit we've come to expect from her outings.

HM - Sammy, Kaz and Tay vs American Top Team
Really good mixed trios match, with everyone playing their characters the way they should. VanZant didn't look too out of place, and Sammy & Tay were excellent shitheads.

I'll get through the rest of the card probably over the next couple of days.

HM - Darby vs Kyle O'Reilly

MOTYC - Thunder Rosa vs Serena Deeb

HM - Kingston/PnP/BCC vs JAS

HM - Jurassic Express vs Swerve/Lee vs Team Taz

MOTYC - The Assassination of Adam Page by the Coward Phillip Brooks

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Thunder Rosa vs Marina Shafir, AEW Dynamite, 6/8/22

They either have no chemistry or Marina is just awful. Doesn't help that the audience did not give a gently caress at all.

No.

HM: Thunder Rosa vs Marina Shafir, AEW Dynamite, 9/6/22

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Dax Harwood vs. Will Ospreay - AEW Dynamite 6/15

This was loving insane and it was on free television! Incredible match.

Yep.

Dax Harwood should low-key be a contender for Wrestler of the Year. He just keeps bringing it week after week, in both tag team and singles competition. Honestly, has he had a single bad televised match this year?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

jackofarcades posted:

WMOTYC: Jericho vs Kingston Barbed Wire Everywhere

It felt very sloppy and formulaic, and other than the Anna Jay turn, pretty much everything was telegraphed. As soon as you notice Tay Conti wasn’t there, and Ruby Soho was ringside, you knew how the JAS were getting out of the cage, and that Sammy would show up at some stage.
Honestly, as much as this pairing usually produces a solid match, I kind of want them to move on. The finish of the match and post-bell shenanigans pretty much encapsulates why I’m genuinely sick and tired of all this. It’s sailed past several logical points of conclusion, and keeps getting dragged out, to the point where I struggle to give a poo poo any more. Eddie fighting off Jericho and Sammy after the match and hiffing Jericho into that, uh, thing of barbed wire should have been the finish. Just give Eddie his loving win already and have him wrestle someone else for a change, Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Danielson v. Garcia was HM for me.