Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
ROH Supercard of Honor 2022 4/1/22

MOTYC: Bandido vs Gresham
MOTYC: Dem Boys vs FTR

Other pointless notes - man Willow hosed up Mercedes on that moonsault, Rhett Titus dropkick is a loving lame gimmick, worst Bandido gear I've seen, an actual legit minute delayed suplex is insane.

Mark Hitchcock Memorial Supershow 2022 3/31/22
MOTYC: Bandido vs Mike Bailey - I have no idea why they went this hard, but they sure did

Bloodsport
Mox v Biff - they hit hard

I'll hopefully catch up on some other stuff from the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

edogawa rando posted:

It feels like the uncanny valley equivalent of wrestling. Like, yes, that is technically a wrestling, but everything is... off and nothing has any impact.

Edit: OH MY loving GOD, THE BIT WITH THE TALLER LADY IN THE ROPES GETTING KICKED HOLY poo poo.

Yeah Shazza's rope kicks are just awful. Match needs some Blackpool combat club. To what people were saying earlier apparently there were some racism allegations with shazza a while back?

I can't get over how American commentators don't understand Shazza is just Australian for Sharon, just pronounce it like that.

I'll nth the wmotyc

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

WMOTYC Hardys vs Butcher and Blade Elimination Tables Match -AEW Dynamite 4/6

Sloppy and not in a good hardcore match way.. for some reason Jeff was eliminated early in the match and busted up Matt had to carry the load of the match. Both Matt and Jeff looked bad in this match slipping and hobbling around. Then eliminated Jeff gets the win for his team by crushing the Blade through a table off a ladder

Nth

I'll add a wmotyc for Hikaru Shida vs Julia Hart. I'll blame it 95% on Julia, but that was ugly

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

fez_machine posted:

Nth

Emi's really refined her act for an American audience now

Nth

But I'll disagree, her work doesn't necessarily have an urgency and desire to win. Commentary are noting it a lot, and it doesn't make sense for her to take her opponents so lightly when they're ranked higher than her, IMO.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

I sometimes forget just how physical the NOAH style, jeez. Old dudes beating the gently caress out of each other. Hiroshi Hase at 61 being obviously able to beat the poo poo out of most people was great.

Also the commentary team is great.

HM
- GHC Tag Team Titles: Satoshi Kojima & Takashi Sugiura(c) vs KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji

MOTYCs
- GHC Heavyweight Title: Kaito Kiyomiya(c) vs Kenoh

Jerusalem posted:

HM: The Great Muta vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - NOAH The New Year 1/1

Technically it was rough in parts, but you could NOT beat the atmosphere, Nakamura's charisma, the gravity of the situation (the last match of "The Great Muta"), plus it had an excellent, excellent finish.

Nth
I love how much they're dragging out everything they can - the last Muta match in each given city or venue, and then when Muta retires.....we'll see how long Mutoh keeps going. I think he'll try to reach a nice 40 years in 2024.