Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Maybe just close the thread here, I'm happy with those totals right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Korakuen January 4th
MOTYC
Hyper Misao vs Shoko Nakajima
- Save the tiger, save the world

Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Mizuki - Princess of Princess Championship
- Kill the Rabbit. Rabbit won't die? Kick her again. Oh poo poo, Rabbit's fighting back

HM
AriSuzu (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs Moka Miyamoto and Mahiro Kiryu
- Much love for the rookies, they both had new gear and a fresh attitude. Want more Endo vs Moka

DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Kamiyu and Kakuta Nao
- Outside of Nao's head slamming into the corner post in a scary fashion this was a bunch of fun. Miu remains real cool and real strong

NekoRetsu (Yuki Aino, Nodoka Onesan and Haruna Neko) vs Raku, Pom Harajuku and Marika Kobashi
- Onesan's final performance was great. Going to let out a single manly tear when she retires in March

Yuka Sakazaki vs Yuki Arai
- Yuka gonna haze the rookie. Too bad she didn't know that Arai loves that poo poo

Hikari Noa (c) vs Maki Itoh - International Princess Championship
- First 10 minutes were pretty bland, but it really picked up in the second half and had a cool finishing sequence

I know it's not for everyone, but TJPW continues to be just.so.fun

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 1 January 4th
MOTYC
Katsuyori Shibata vs X
Shingo Takagi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

HM
Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi and Zach Sabre Jr) (c) vs CHAOS (Yoshi-Hashi and Hirooki Goto) - IWGP Tag Team Championships
El Desperado (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gake no Fuchi Joshi Pro Clockwork January 4th
MOTYC
Suzu Suzuki vs Chris Brookes
- :lol: what the gently caress. Suzu continues to rule and Chris continues to be an absolute bastard. I burst out laughing when Drew came in and started stomping the poo poo out of Suzu and yelled at Kiso that it was a hardcore match so it was fine. While I enjoy seeing Chris doing these types of matches, hopefully this is as extreme as it gets. He's got such a pretty little face that it'd be a drat shame if he ends up with a "Devon forehead"

HM
Miyako Matsumoto vs Risa Sera
- I don't know what the crap what happening here, but I do know I was entertained. Kiso took a hell of a beating

Gake no Fuchi (Chris Brookes, Miyako Matsumoto, Mao Inoue and Shunma Katsumata) vs Prominence (Akane Fujita, Mochi Miyagi, Risa Sera & Suzu Suzuki) and Sanshiro Takagi
- Some fuckin madness to close off a show full of fuckin madness

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 2 January 5th
MOTYC
Kenta (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - IWGP US Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Will Ospreay - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

HM
Flying Tigers (Robbie Eagles and Tiger Mask) (c) vs Mega Coaches (Ryusuke Taguchi and Rocky Romero) vs Bullet Club's Cutest Tag Team (Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo) - IWGP Jr Tag Team Championships
Tam Nakano and Saya Kamitani vs Mayu Iwatani and Starlight Kid
Toru Yano vs CIMA vs Minoru Suzuki vs Chase Owens
Tetsuya Naito vs Jeff Cobb

Great show

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jan 5, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH New Sunrise January 4th
HM
Seiki Yoshioka vs Atsushi Kotoge
- Kotoge is solid but rarely spectacular, but this was heckin rad. Yoshioka is my pick for best Junior in Japan right now, and Kotoge put in the most effort i've seen from him since that random time limit draw he had with his partner Harada. Just wish it was longer.

Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura, Kazushi Sakuraba and Kazuyuki Fujita) vs Daiki Inaba and M's Alliance (Masaaki Mochizuki and Masato Tanaka)
- A bunch of beefy dudes clobber the hell out of each other

Go Shiozaki vs Kaito Kiyomiya
- Not a patch on their last singles matches 2 years ago, but this was still very good as both these guys are incredibly good wrestlers.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The Dragon Gate vs Kotoge/Ohara match was also from Jan 5th, I double checked since I haven't watched that one yet and had to be certain I didn't just black out for 15 minutes during New Sunrise

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Winter in Kobe January 8th
HM
Arisu Endo vs Marika Kobashi vs Rika Tatsumi
- Rika is completely fed up with these jobbers taking up space in her ring

Rival Schools: United by Fate (Moka Miyamoto and Yuki Arai) vs Mahiro Kiryu and Pom Harajuku
- Fun back and forth match that had me questioning what I thought was a really obvious result going in

121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) and Kamiyu vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) and Shoko Nakajima
- These are six of the best in the promotion, not at the level of their matches that have actual stakes but still very entertaining

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPWxNOAH Wrestle Kingdom 16 Night 3 January 8th
MOTYC
LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA, BUSHI and Hiromu Takahashi) vs Kongoh (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenoh, Manabu Soya, Tadasuke and Aleja)
- Great match, wrong winner. Happy Katsu and Kenoh have even more people to kick as hard as possible

HM
Kosei Fujita vs Yasutaka Yano
- An extrememly good showcase for the two youngest rookies on their respective rosters

Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori and Gedo) vs Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka and HAYATA)
- Gedo stayed inoffensive and Yoshioka got to do his cool moves to a new audience

Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs Yoshinari Ogawa and Naomichi Marufuji
- Four NOAH guys have a great match, it was nice for Ogawa to see how much his sons have progressed since they left the nest

Solid show with some baffling booking decisions, but if it leads to more singles matches down the track then i'm keen

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Reboot January 5th
MOTYC
Masakatsu Funaki vs Masao Inoue
- Has to be seen to be believed, what a war

HM
Team Toryumon (Ultimo Dragon and Dragon Kid) vs Momo no Seishun (Atsushi Kotoge and Hajime Ohara)
- That spry young 45 year old Dragon Kid thankfully did most of the work for his team, would like to see him interacting more with the junior division in the future.

Kongoh (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Nioh and Aleja) vs Kongoh (Manabu Soya, Haoh and Tadasuke
- Kongoh mirrors are rare so this was a real treat. Love this stable.

Kenoh (c) vs Daisuke Harada - GHC National Championship
- Both these guys are great and there was some great action, but even if I hadn't seen Kenoh with the belt at WK I would not for a second think there was a chance of Harada winning here

Daiki Inaba, Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Masa Kitamiya and Yoshiki Inamura vs M's Alliance (Keiji Muto, Masato Tanaka and Naomichi Marufuji) and Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazuyuki Fujita)
- Worth it alone for the Go/Fujita staredown, but everyone was real fun here. Even Mutoh.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH N Innovation U-CUP Night 1 January 6th
HM
Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka and Yuya Susumu) vs Perros del Mal de Japon (YO-HEY and Kotaro Suzuki)
- First hour of the show, was pretty skippable, but this woke me right up. Probably the best guys from each stable.

Daiki Ianaba vs Kaito Kiyomiya
- Inaba is great. He has a great look, stamina for days and isn't afraid to lay his shots in. I just wish they let him win a match every now and then

U-CUP Rumble
- A 15 man battle royal including everyone in the division except HAYATA. A bunch of fun little moments, my favourite of which was Kongoh doing their elbow drop routine in the middle of a packed ring.

NOAH N Innovation U-CUP Night 2 January 7th
HM
Hajime Ohara vs Seiki Yoshioka vs Haoh vs Eita
- It was an elimination match where everyone got to shine, which is great because all four of these guys are pretty drat good.

Momo no Seishun (Daisuke Harada, Atsushi Kotoge, Hajima Ohara and Junta Miyawaki) vs Kongoh (Nioh, Haoh, Tadasuke and Aleja)
- This was so much better than the last one of these tag style elimination matches they did, most likely because this one didn't have HAYATA wrestling for 40+ minutes

Really enjoyed these shows, they've been a fun showcase of the junior roster and breezed by at a couple of hours each

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jan 11, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTY: Taichi vs. DOUKI - JTO TakaTaichiMania 3 (1/10)

This match probably won't mean as much to you as it meant to me, but it was still loving incredible pro wrestling, and I would easily put it above anything on Wrestle Kingdom. Buy this show, pirate it, I don't care. Just find a way to watch it because it was amazing. Five stars.

Haven't watched it yet, but saw that it got uploaded (including postmatch)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ZP4y1E75J

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Violento Jack (c) vs. Jun Kasai for the King of FREEDOM Championship - FREEDOMS Blood Xmas (2021/12/25, aired 1/6)
MOTYC: E.R.E. (Toshiyuki Sakuda & Takayuki Ueki) (c) vs. Toru Sugiura & Tomoya Hirata for the King of FREEDOM Tag Team Championship - FREEDOMS Blood Xmas (2021/12/25, aired 1/6)

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTY: Taichi vs. DOUKI - JTO TakaTaichiMania 3 (1/10)

Nth to these three, the DOUKI match was fantastic and the FREEDOMS lads are goddamn maniacs

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Bumper Crop January 16th
MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Masa Kitamiya - GHC Heavyweight Championship
- Violence. VIOLENCE

HM
Daisuke Harada vs Seiki Yoshioka
- These two guys are great, this was fast paced and hard hitting and absolutely flew by. If this was for the title and they went another 5-10 this could have been MOTYC, strongly recommend.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT ShunMAO Super Encounter Episode 2 January 17th
MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and MAO) vs Chris Brookes and Drew Parker
- https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1483124857487253505

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Winter in Shinjuku January 20th
HM
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) and Cat and Bird (Haruna Neko and Kaya Toribami) vs Raku, Pom Harajuku, Mahiro Kiryu and Marika Kobashi
- A real fun 8 person tag to start the show, everyone got a chance to show off and the tag champs didn't look too dominant over the field

AriSuzu (Arisu Endo and Suzume) vs Rival Schools: United by Fate (Moka Miyamoto and Yuki Arai)
- Goddamn Arai is so loving cool, she already a star and she's been doing this less than a year. This was a great rookie battle and shows that the TJPW dojo is really good at developing talent, the most experienced person here was Suzume and she only debuted in August 2019

121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) vs VenYu (Asuka and Kamiyu)
- This was heckin rad, they gave us a taste of the rad kickladies beating the hell out of each other and left us wanting more. Itoh and Kamiyu more than held up their end of the match as well.

DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima)
- Miu is strong, match is good

A very fun card that should have had the big show treatment with commentary

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll swing back to watch the rest of the show after NOAH is done but for now

DDT Sweet Dreams January 20th
MOTYC
Yuji Hino vs Kazuki Hirata vs Toru Owashi vs Naomi Yoshimura
- This was a goddamn masterclass, Kazuki Hirata is a master at physical comedy and Yuji Hino hanging out as three of the members of DisasterBox hosed about was hilarious. TOKYOOOO

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Higher Ground January 22nd
MOTYC
Nioh vs Haoh
- I absolutely loved this, you could feel the hate flowing as these long time tag partners beat the holy hell out of each other

HM
Momo no Seishun (Atsushi Kotoge and Hajime Ohara) vs Stinger (Yuya Susumu and Seiki Yoshioka) - GHC Junior Team Championships
- Very good juniors match, only let down by a finish that really came out of nowhere

M's Alliance (Naomichi Marufuji and Masato Tanaka) vs Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba)
- Cannot go wrong with these four. Sugi and Tanaka beat the poo poo out of each other, Saku was his usual wily self, and Marufuji was the glue holding it together

Kenoh (c) vs Masakatsu Funaki - GHC National Championship
- Short and brutal, both guys got to throw some hard shots and showed off some cool grappling. And the post-match, talk about a shock

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW New Years Wars January 23rd
MOTYC
Kento Miyahara vs Ryuki Honda - Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship
- Spoilers for the three people on the forums that care about All Japan but not enough to watch it live, definitely check this one out. Exceeded all my expectations

HM
Ryuki Honda vs Shotaro Ashino
- Honda has come a long way since I started watching last year and he was barely out of being a Young Boy, definitely got he feeling that both guys were holding back which makes sense considering the winner had a second match.

Total Eclipse (Koji Doi and Kuma Arashi) vs NEXTREAM (Yuma Aoyagi and Atsuki Aoyagi)
- The Aoyagi brothers played great foils to the beefy bois of TE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Great. A reminder that Kento is Still one of the best

It is very funny to me to say that he is still one of the best when Kento is only 32, he's still got a lot of prime left

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Higher Ground January 27th
MOTYC
Go Shiozaki vs Takashi Sugiura
- If you saw their 5 star match from December 2020 you know what to expect, except this time they didn't feel the need to go 50 minutes. Fantastic stuff, although the degree Go's arms are already wrapped up is worrying, dude only came back last month

HM
Kongoh (Kenoh, Manabu Soya and Masakatsu Funaki) vs M's Alliance (Naomichi Marufuji, Masato Tanaka and Masaaki Mochizuki)
- A great showcase of Kongoh's newest member against his old stable

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Winter in Shinjuku January 29th
HM
Yuka Sakazaki vs Mahiro Kiryu
- The first half was very funny, then the second half was just average so it evens out to pretty good

DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Rival Schools: United by Fate (Moka Miyamoto and Yuki Arai)
- Rookie team continues to have bangers, it certainly helps that their opponents are among the best in the company

VenYu (Kamiyu and Asuka) vs Bakuretsu Sisters (Nodoka Tenma and Yuki Aino)
- Match ruled, but I felt it was hurt by the small venue/no comms

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Mohawk Potato posted:

You would think at least one match could get to mediocre but the booking is just so horrible.

It Couple vs Grit Couple was the best match on the card but that may have been because I went to make food for 10 minutes during it. No excuse for it to still be going when I came back though

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Seams posted:

Can’t believe enough people are still watching the fed for it to qualify for WMOTY’s

First show I watched since the 2020 Rumble, and the only one i'll watch until the next Rumble.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Maigius posted:

Heroes of Wrestling?

Eh, that show had Tully Blanchard vs Stan Lane and 2Cold Scorpio vs Julio Dinero which were fine, it's just the lows were a hell of a lot sadder

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

maruhkati posted:

Heroes of Wrestling featured an addict hitting rock bottom on live television in the main event and that wasn't even the worst match of the show.

Two matches where you could say "Eh, that kinda stunk, but I wouldn't be THAT offended if I saw that on weekly TV" aren't enough to rescue Heroes of Wrestling from being the worst of all time.

But it doesn't sound like anything on tonight's Fed show even reached that level. Like, the vibe I'm getting is "no negative star matches, but nothing above 1.75 either."

It's almost certainly the worst show of all time, but that wasn't the question posed. I do not believe that the two matches I mentioned would have got WMOTYC nods, which is what Maigius said in response to Testekill

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Sweet Dreams! ~ Ultimate Tag League 2022 Night 1 ~ January 30th
HM
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Saki Akai and Hideki Okatani) vs Akito, Soma Takao, Toi Kojima and Yuya Koroku
- Okatani in Eruption is such a funny visual, but he really feels like he's becoming comfortable in his skin. A fast paced 8-person tag that made everyone look good in 12 minutes, can't ask for more than that

37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno) vs DisasterBox (?) (Kazuki Hirata and Shuji Kondo)
- More Shuji Kondo in DDT please, he worked really well with the Sauna Boys. Take continues to rule, Hirata got to show off that he's actually a really good wrestler when he's not doing comedy, and Ueno got to hit his old DB buddy real hard and fly around a bunch. Very good stuff

Calamari Drunken Kings (Chris Brookes and Masahiro Takanashi) vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura)
- Big fan of Harashima and his son, while CDK more than held up their end of it

Daisuke Sasaki (c) vs Minoru Fujita - DDT Universal Championship
- Would you look at that, a match where Paulie doesn't interfere too much is real good because Sasaki is a real good wrestler. At least when he doesn't forget

DDT effortlessly shits on WWE, it's such an easy to watch product. Even the Pheromones match was more watchable than usual since Imanari subbed in for Dieno

sticklefifer posted:

We don't have a WHM category, and HM has been "hey this is pretty decent, check it out" for a long time rather than an actual Honorable Mention for a Match of the Year Candidate, so it's fine.

Yeah for me HM has always been 'check this out if you've got time' and MOTYC is 'make time for this', otherwise this thread would have dried up after the cage match last year if it were people actually thinking it was a new match of the year

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

RevPro High Stakes January 30th
HM
Will Ospreay vs Michael Oku - Undisputed British Heavyweight Title
- I was ready to give this a MOTYC nod three quarters of the way in (mainly for the Rainmaker pose) but I found the last few minutes so loving stupid with the drama that it really hurt my enjoyment of the match on reflection.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Positive Chain February 11th
MOTYC
DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs Bakuretsu Sisters (Nodoka Tenma and Yuki Aino)
- Three hosses and a Dragon with a diamond rear end wage war

HM
Moka Miyamoto vs Arisu Endo
- These two just keep getting better every show, it's great to see. Also Endo casually pulled out a rad as hell dropkick which looked great

Suzume vs Yuki Arai
- Rookie battle, part 2. It's hard not to gush over Arai every time she wrestles, but she's just so goddamn good. And this is only her 26th match.

NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel) vs Pom Harajuku and Raku
- :france: Oh how i've missed these two.

Maki Itoh (c) vs Kamiyu - International Princess Championship
- Some great fire and some great comedy, although some awkward moments kept it from being amazing

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Ultimate Tag Lague Night 4 February 12th
MOTYC
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno) vs Yuji Hino and Yukio Naya
- Awesome stuff, literally the only issue I had with this match was that the show was filmed on an iPad for youtube so it was single cam without comms. I'm convinced at this point that Yuki Ueno is the best underdog babyface in the world. He even made Yukio Naya seem threatening, and anyone that's sat through a Naya match knows that's no walk in the park.

HM
DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura) vs 37KAMIINA (MAO and Shunma Katsumata)
- MAO is great, people should be more like MAO

37KAMIINA rule, if you don't know them then get on that pronto. They've got Soup Boy, Kota Ibushi's son, the Lego Goblin, his weird friend, and their very own Young Boy. What not to love

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up with the stuff I cared about from this week's NOAH shows, ahould be able to catch the two DDT and one New Japan show tomorrow before the *sigh* Ishii vs EVIL match

NOAH Step Forward Night 1 - February 9th
HM
Daisuke Harada (c) vs Tadasuke - GHC Junior Championship
- These guys work really well together, it's almost as if they've been teaming on and off for the past 15 years

Go Shiozaki vs Masato Tanaka
- Not sure I like the story being told here with Go, but this was still two guys wallpoing the poo poo out of each other and i'm a sucker for that

NOAH Step Forward Night 2 - February 10th
MOTYC
Go Shiozaki vs Naomichi Marufuji
- Go's trial series continues to rule, I'd say this one was just below the Sugiura one in terms of quality but still very good. Jesus his chest though, it's horrifying

NOAH Step Forward Night 3 - February 11th
MOTYC
Go Shiozaki vs Kenoh
- Neither of these men have any regard for Go's health and it rules

HM
Noah Jr Army (Daisuke Harada and Haoh) vs Kongoh (Aleja and Nioh)
- Rad, when they're not filling the quarterly betrayal quotas the Junior division is real goddamn good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs Master Wato NJPW Golden Series 11.02

Started a bit slow, but once it got going it got going real good.

Nth to this, last 10 minutes were phenominal

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Ultimate Tag League Night 2 February 5th
MOTYC
BURNING! (Jun Akiyama and Tetsuya Endo) vs Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi and Hideki Okatani)
- Starmaking performance from Okatani as he takes the fight to both Endo and his former Junretsu mentor Akiyama. It continues to be great to see a legend like Uncle Jun putting in this much effort in front of what can't be more than 150 people after performing to tens of thousands during All Japan's peak.

HM
Yuki Iino vs Chris Brookes vs Antonio Honda
- Gave me a few laughs, so it's miles ahead of other Iino matches from the last few months

37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, Yuki Ueno and Toi Kojima) vs DisasterBox (HARASHIMA, Kazuki Hirata and Noami Yoshimura)
- Like both these teams, like all these guys. Particularly enjoy when Hirata gets to show off that he's actually a real good wrestler underneath all his absurd comedy

DDT Ultimate Tag League Night 3 February 6th
HM
Kazusada Higuchi vs Toi Kojima
- Not as lopsided a beating as Higuchi gave to Okatani before the latter joined Eruption, but still a great showcase of rookie fire in the face of overwhelming odds

DisasterBox (Kazuki Hirata and Shuji Kondo) vs Yuji Hino and Yukio Naya
- Naya is finally realising that he's a massive dude and can hoss people around. Still needs some better gear though

37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, Yuki Ueno, Shunma Katsumata and MAO) vs BURNING! (Jun Akiyama, Yusuke Okada, Tetsuya Endo and Yuya Koroku)
- Dope multi-man tag with a bunch of real cool guys. Koroku in particular impressed me, hoping for big things as he approaches his second year in wrestling

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Winter in KFC Hall February 19th
HM
Hyper Misao vs Haruna Neko
- Konnichi-nyaa big children, let's see what Misao's up to now

Hikari Noa, Mizuki and Yuki Arai vs Miu Watanabe, Yuki Aino and Suzume
- Very good match that gave everyone chances to shine, even if it was kind of disconnected from the ongoing stories (Miu/Mizuki excepted)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi (C) vs. SANADA for the IWGP US Championship - NJPW Golden Series 2/19

Also known as The Alliance to End Kneeamania, these two did everything they could to gently caress up each other's knees, on top of an already great match. Some absolutely perfect moments of timing here from both guys, selling in EXACTLY the right way at EXACTLY the right time to perfect effect. A nice reminder of what SANADA is capable of in addition to Tanahashi being, of course, The Ace.

Nth, the best match Sanada has had with someone not called ZSJ. Old man Tana continues to be the best wrestler this century

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Golden Series 2/20

The ONLY thing this was missing was the crowd being able to lose their poo poo, and they still lost their poo poo at points anyway because HOLY gently caress WHAT A MATCH! :stare:

nth, incredible performance from both guys

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Ultimate Tag League Night 5 February 14th
MOTYC
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi and Hideki Okatani) vs 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno)
- 4 incredible talents have a awesome match in front of a tiny crowd, Okatani continues to very impressive in his new stable

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Gain Control February 23rd
HM
Stinger (HAYATA and Yuya Susumu) vs NOAH Jr Army (Atsushi Kotoge and YO-HEY) - Vacant GHC Jr Tag Championships
- Really enjoyed this, Yo-Hey has long been Hayata's best opponent

Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Kazuyuki Fujita - GHC Heavyweight Championship
- Fujita is obviously well past his prime and shouldn't be in world title matches, but he can still give and take some real hard shots, including some terrifying punts to the head

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Step Forward February 25th
MOTYC
NOAH Seiki-gun (Kaito Kiyomiya and Atsushi Kotoge) vs Kongoh (Kenoh and Hajime Ohara)

- NOAH's booking is baffling at best and anger inducingly stupid at worst, but then the talent turns around and gives us this rad as hell main event on a single cam no comms show just because they can. A history lesson, if you will indulge me, condensing several years into a couple of sentences. Kenoh and Kaito teamed together before becoming generational rivals. Then Kenoh formed Kongoh with (among others) Kotoge, who left the group on his own volition. Fast forward a bit, and Kotoge is teaming with Ohara as part of Full Throttle. Ohara kicks Kotoge out of Full Throttle, and is later betrayed himself only to end up teaming with Kotoge again as part of Momo no Seishun. Less than a year later, Ohara betrays Kotoge (again) to join Kongoh, and this is only his second match as a member of the stable and his first time teaming with the leader.

That is a long way of saying that none of these guys really trust each other and it manefests in a very entertaining 20 minute match. It's not as flat out insane as the Kenoh/Kiyomiya singles matches, but it's well worth making the time to see why people like me continue to watch NOAH even when NOSAWA continually gives us reasons not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Ultimate Tag League the FINAL!! February 27th
MOTYC
Burning (Jun Akiyama and Tetsuya Endo) vs 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno)
- Loved this match, both teams left very little behind considering the winner had another match less than an hour later. Take note NOAH, this is how you book a goddamn legend

DisasterBox (Naomi Yoshimura and HARASHIMA) vs 37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno)
- Ultimate Tag League finals, each team had already had their block final match earlier in the card. Jeez they were proper exhausted by the end of it, reminds me of last years finals between 37KAMIINA and DAMNATION.

Whole show was fine to good but these two matches had me crazy invested. You can skip the B Block finals, but definitely watch these two