Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 5/24

HM: Lee Moriarty vs. Alan "V" Angels

Nth - a crisp, well-paced, hard-hitting match that hopefully indicates future plans for Moriarty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
AEW Dark Special - May 28th 2022

HM: Skye Blue/Riho/Yuka Sakazaki d. Nyla Rose/Emi Sakura/Diamante

just a great six-woman with a lot of joshi flair and plenty of fun offense

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I don't think it was a WMOTY but holy poo poo does Marina need to work on her selling

Staggered around like someone pretending to be drunk while high

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(that was my reaction to the impaler-style reverse DDT)

(nth btw)

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
1st July
Michinoku Pro Wrestling 2022 Tokyo Vol.1 Matching Words & Deeds
MPW Tohoku Junior Heavyweight Title
MUSASHI vs Fujita "Jr" Hayato

nth, this was beautiful

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
OC/Wardlow (HM, btw) was juuuuuust below the tag title match (MOTYC, btw) in my mind, I loved it to bits because it told a clear and engaging story while also being action-packed

very, very wise move to establish Wardlow as a competitor with brains to match his brawn, I was giggling like an idiot at the way he sniffed out Danhausen and intimidated him out of cursing the war dog

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_4B7sVBJG4

just watched it for the first time, and I can't bring myself to nth it for WMOYTC

the match is certainly bad but it's too short to be truly heinous and everything before the botched ending is just bleh instead of actively offensive

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
seconded, that was exactly what a Yano match should be

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
third Ospreay/Finlay as an HM

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
highlights include:

- flair getting blown up the instant the match started
- flair faking a heart attack to get a cheap shot in on lethal
- flair's hand shaking so bad andrade couldn't get the brass knuckles on
- flair literally passing out for a few seconds during the finish

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
STARDOM 5 Star Grand Prix - Night One (7/30/22)

HM: Syuri vs. AZM

HM: Hazuki vs. Giulia

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
STARDOM 5 Star Grand Prix - Night Two (7/31/22)

HM: Utami Hayashishita vs. Syuri

HM: Starlight Kid vs. Saya Kamitani

DDT Road to Peter Pan ~Everybody Shout~ (8/14/22)

HM: HARASHIMA vs Takeshi Masada

HM: Akito vs Joey Janela

HM: Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi and Naomi Yoshimura) vs Burning (Tetsuya Endo and Jun Akiyama)

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
TJPW Tokyo Princess Cup 2022 Final (8/14/22)

HM: Miu Watanabe vs. Yuka Sakazaki

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I'll go HM for Okada/Tonga too

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW G1 Climax 32 Semi-Finals, 17/08

Worth the wait

drat right I'll nth, what a match

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW G1 Climax 32 Final, 18/08

gently caress me

Nth. An absolute masterpiece.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
NOAH N-1 Victory 2022 Night Four (8/17/22)

HM: Kenoh vs. Go Shiozaki

WMOTY: Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Hideki Suzuki

A twenty-minute slog with the first fifteen consisting of nothing but slow and uninteresting mat wrestling. I can see how someone else would enjoy this but I was literally struggling to stay awake while watching it.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
NOAH N-1 Victory - Night Five (8/19/22)

HM: Kenoh vs. Hideki Suzuki

A little slow to get started as the first few minutes revolved around Suzuki selling the wind being knocked out of him (potentially for real, it sure looked like the double stomp Kenoh hit in the beginning got him in the gut). That element was worked nicely into the match, however, with Kenoh targeting Suzuki's stomach before moving on to attacking his braced leg. The escalating violence culminated in a brutal strike exchange that led into the climax of the contest, with both men growing increasingly desperate to find the move that'll put their opponent away before the thirty-minute time limit.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
TJPW Go Girl 3 (8/28/22)

HM: Watanabe/Tatsumi/Nakajima vs. Mizuki/Sakazaki/Yamashita

This was a great, great contest that fell juuuuuust short of the MOTYC mark for me. Fun stuff in the beginning with the Magical Sugar Rabbits trolling Miyu, which sets a theme of the match where neither Mizuki nor Sakazaki come to the aid of the Pink Striker while she's getting her rear end kicked. The whole affair was beautifully paced and laid out, so much so that I was astonished when I realized they'd gone 22 minutes. Anyone with Wrestle Universe should definitely find time for this one.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Yeah man, this is fantastic! Most of the matches on your list are from promotions I don't typically watch and I haven't seen any modern AJPW at all, so I'm very much looking forward to catching up on what I missed. Thanks so much!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Pro Wrestling NOAH Ariake Triumph - The Return - Pro Wrestling Love Forever Vol.3 (10/30/22)

HM: Atsushi Kotoge & Seiki Yoshioka vs Kongo (Hi69 & Tadasuke)

Fast-paced, hard-hitting and crisply executed.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Pro Wrestling NOAH - Wrestle Universe presents Global Honored Crown (Nov. 10, 2022)

HM: Atsushi Kotoge & Seiki Yoshioka vs Shuji Kondo & Hajime Ohara (GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship)
HM: Takashi Sugiura & Satoshi Kojima vs Muhammad Yone & Akitoshi Saito (GHC Tag Team Championship)
HM: Timothy Thatcher vs. Kaito Kiyomiya (GHC Heavyweight Championship)

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 11, 2022

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Lily Catts posted:

Nth to both, I was surprised with how especially stiff the GHC Heavyweight tag match was. Yone and Saito got hands too

I might be the only person who isn't into the Kiyomiya/Thatcher match, so I might give it another try.

I don't blame you for not being enamored with Kiyomiya/Thatcher, I thought it was only okay for the first twenty-five of its thirty-seven minutes and that the final third of the match was just strong enough to push it into HM territory.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Wrestle Universe presents Global Dream (Nov. 11, 2022)

HM: Dragon Kid & Alejandro & Dragon Diamond & Ninja Mack & Extreme Tiger vs BxB Hulk & H.Y.O. & Diamante & Hajime Ohara & Hi69
HM: Kaito Kiyomiya & Yuki Yoshioka vs Kenoh & Kota Minoura

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Thanks for the link, I really enjoyed that! Doesn't quite hit MOTYC level for me but I'll happily give it an HM.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Suzuki-gun's Last Match, NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome, 23/12

The most beautiful match I've ever seen

Nth, it's been a long time since wrestling made me this emotional.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
NOAH - N Innovation (December 23rd, 2022)

WMOTYC: Yoshinari Ogawa vs Eita

Nearly twenty minutes of mostly fighting over armlocks while one guy too close to the crowd microphones shouted EITA over and over again, just for the whole thing to end with a nothing run-in DQ.

HM: Atsushi Kotoge & Seiki Yoshioka vs YO-HEY & Kzy (GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship)

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Battle Autumn is well worth watching, it's got a bunch of great matches and sets up the NJPW World TV Title finals.

The World Tag League Finals isn't quite as good but it's the most recent big show and worthwhile for the main and semi-main if nothing else.

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 3, 2023