Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

God that was crazy.

(AEW Revolution 3/6/22)

MOTYC:
Eddie Kingston vs Chris Jericho
Bryan Danielson vs Jon Moxley
Punk/MJF

HM:
House of Black vs Death Triangle
Jurassic Express vs Bucks vs reDRagon
Face of the Revolution Ladder Match
Hangman vs Cole

WMOTY
Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I really want to watch the Mox/Lawlor match but someone said Mox gets put in a headlock and blood squirts out of his head and now I'm too scared to watch

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rampage 6/5

HM: Yuka Sakazaki vs Riho
HM: Jay Lethal vs Konosuke Takeshita.

Rampage has had some really good matches recently. These were the only 2 I felt like nominating all week

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

If you have a bad match with Riho you should be fired on the spot

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Various Stardom matches (I'm just copy/pasting the given date and location)

1.08.2022 Korakuen Hall
HM: Giulia and Thekla vs Starlight Kid and Ruaka

2.1.2022 Korakuen Hall
HM: Starlight Kid vs Natsupoi for the high speed title. Almost gave this MOTYC but there was an extended sequence outside the ring in the middle that I didn't care for. Otherwise this was insane

1.16.2022 Toyohashi
HM: Himeka and Maika vs Saya K. and Utami

1.29.2022 Nagoya Supreme Fight
HM: Utami and AZM vs Momo Watanabe and SLK. 4 of my favs so I had to check this one out. Absolutely fantastic stuff apart from the rest of those Oedo Tai assholes ruining everything.

1.29.2022 Nagoya Supreme Fight
MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani vs Giulia. I wasn't sure about this at first. There was some good mat wrestling at the start and then there was a period where they both did a bit of heelish offense and some wonky spots outside the ring (except for one, which was awesome). The last half of the match is insane. They killed each other dead 100 times. Definitely my favourite match from Jan but I've seen some of what's coming later so I don't think this will end up being my actual match of the year but definitely deserves to be in the convo.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hangman Adam Page vs. Konosuke Takeshita - AEW Dynamite 5/18

Love that a wider audience got to see how loving good Soup Boy is, and he and Page had an absolute banger in front of a hot crowd. Beautiful stuff.

Nth. wow

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom 2.23.2022 Cinderella Journey in Nagaoka. High Speed title match

MOTYC: AZM vs Starlight Kid. These 2 are so outrageously good together. This is probably in my top 3 matches of the year so far.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Dynamite 25/05

HM: Wardlow vs Shawn Spears
WMOTYC: Britt Baker vs Toni Storm

Britt loving sucks in the ring.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus vs. Team Taz vs. Swerve Strickland/Keith Lee, AEW Double or Nothing, 29/05

What the gently caress how the gently caress

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: House of Black vs. Death Triangle, Double or Nothing, 5/29

Oh Snapple! posted:

WMOTYC: Jade Cargill vs Anna Jay, Double or Nothing

Just a slow, sloppy, overbooked match

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Anarchy in the Arena, AEW Double or Nothing, 29/05

What the gently caress :stare:

Oh Snapple! posted:

HM: Serena Deeb vs Thunder Rosa, Double or Nothing

Middle dragged a bit imo but a very good match overall

Dango Bango posted:

HM: Darby Allin vs. Kyle O'Reilly - AEW Double or Nothing 5/29

These guys beat the poo poo out of each other and themselves.

nth to all of these

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

MOTYC: Stardom 4.29.2022 Cinderella Finals - AZM vs Mei Suruga. loving incredible.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Jericho vs Ortiz
MOTYC: Dax vs Ospreay
HM: Britt Baker vs Toni Storm
MOTYC: Bucks vs Jurassic Express

Jericho worked so hard and then we got cool run ins, Dax vs Ospreay was fantastic, Britt worked a concussion which ruled and the ladder match couldn't be better.

DYNAMITE!

nth to these. Dax vs Will is legit one of my fav matches of the year

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Swerve in Our Glory vs. El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru, AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, 26/06

This was so loving good, yo. Everyone combined together really well, I need a Sweve/Despy singles match like yesterday

yeah nth.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

AEW Rampage 7/8:

MOTYC for both Eddie vs Takeshita and Cassidy vs Nese. What a loving episode

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

At the very least try to make time for Swerve/Lee vs Desperado/Kanemaru which was one of the best matches on the whole show

This. Holy gently caress was that a good match

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

God drat it do I have to buy DBD now?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Working my way through the Stardom 5-star GP right now. I've only watched 4 matches so far but they have all been loving great

MOTYC 30-07
Mayu Iwatani vs MIRAI
Utami vs Himeka

HM
Giulia vs Hazuki
Saya K and Lady C vs Kairi and Nanae Takahashi

The post match on that last one was a doozy. On the one hand it was pretty loving whack but there's also no way I'm missing the match it sets up so I guess mission accomplished

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Claudio Castagnoli (C) vs. Konosuke Takeshita for the ROH World Championship - AEW Battle of the Belts III 8/6

Holy poo poo, two perfect wrestlers wrestling perfectly at each other. Magnificent.

Bit late but loving nth big time right here

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Daniel Garcia in a Best 2-out-of-3 Falls Match - AEW Dynamite 8/17

Daniel Garcia keeps proving his status as a star of the future (and the present!) and Bryan Danielson may be the greatest professional wrestler who ever lived :stwoon:

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: The Young Bucks/?????? vs. La Faccion Ingobernable, AEW Dynamite, 17/08

Incredible showing from Brandon Cutler

nth to both.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Some more from Stardom's 5* GP

7/31
MOTYC:
Utami Hayashishita vs Syuri. So these 2 work pretty well together eh. Not as good as their earlier matches but only because it didn't get as much time

HM:
Giulia vs MIRAI
SLK vs Saya Kamitani

8/6
HM:
Momo Watanabe vs Saya Kamitani
SLK vs Hazuki
Ami Sourei and Syuri vs Utami and AZM

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 8/24

HM: Dax Harwood vs. Jay Lethal

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

From Stardom's 5* GP, 8/27

MOTYC: Utami Hayashishita vs Maika. Easiest MOTYC I've handed out for this tournament so far. Good grief.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

HM: Best Friends/Orange Cassidy vs. Death Triangle, AEW Dynamite, 07/09
MOTYC: Hangman Page vs. Bryan Danielson, AEW Dynamite, 07/09
MOTYC: Wheeler Yuta vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite, 07/09

Nth. Strong episode

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

From Stardom's 5* GP

9/9/22

HM: Mayu Iwatani vs Ami Sourei

HM: Guilia vs Natsupoi

9/10/22

MOTYC: Hazuki vs Saya Kamitani
When asking your opponent to slap you to show how tough you are goes terribly, terribly wrong

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

From Stardom's 5* GP

HM: Mayu Iwatani vs Suzu Suzuki. The last 4 minutes of this was loving amazing. The next time they meet it will be a MOTYC for sure

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom 5* GP

9-11-22

HM: Giulia vs Mayu Iwatani

Sort of an underwhelming show imo. AZM vs Utami got less than 9 minutes and Suzu Suzuki and Saya K didn't seem to have much chemistry at all. It was kind of a sloppy match but I really like both of them

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Couple of bangers from Stardom's 5* GP

MOTYC: Natsupoi vs Starlight Kid

MOTYC: Momo Watanabe vs Suzu Suzuki

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

From Stardom's 5* GP finals 10/1/2022

HM:
Mina Shirakawa vs Natsupoi
Hazuki vs Momo Watanabe
Giulia vs Tam Nakano

MOTYC:
Mayu Iwatani vs Starlight Kid
Maika vs Himeka
Suzu Suzuki vs Giulia

Great show. I think I liked it more than Forbidden Door. Although I was pretty pissed that Utami and AZM didn't get more to do. Utami vs Koguma was looking great but it was just too short.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Went back and watched some matches from a Stardom show earlier in the year. The listing says the event was called "Stardom world Climax- The Top"

3-27-2022

MOTYC:

Kairi vs Starlight Kid. There was a cool spot in this match that I don't think I've seen before where Kairi cranks this submission hold (The Anchor?) as far back as it can possibly go, as in even further back than Garcia's Dragon Tamer, and it wasn't enough to make SLK tap so she just had to voluntarily let it go because it wasn't accomplishing anything.

HM:

Momo Watanabe vs Hazuki. If Stardom ever collaborates with AEW, Hazuki should be made an honorary member of the Blackpool Combat Club

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Maxwell Lord posted:

MOTYC: Willow Nightingale, Athena, Toni Storm vs. Jamie Hayter, Serena Deeb, and Penelope, Dynamite 10/5

Hard hitting fun and a great showcase for all six wrestlers, but especially a great win for Willow.

HM from me but I really liked it overall

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

HM
20th August
Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix Night 8
5☆GP Blue Block
Hazuki vs Suzu Suzuki

nth. Thought I nominated this already but I guess not

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom New Blood 5 10/19

MOTYC: Hanan vs Ami Sourei

This was for the Future of Stardom title and it loving owned. Check it out: https://youtu.be/OgGGje3mMuo?t=7243

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom 10.22.2022 Korakuen Hall IWGP Women's Round 1

HM:
-Utami Hyashishita vs Himeka
-Momo Watanabe vs Mayu Iwatani

You may have seen the gifs floating around from the second match but the Utami/Himeka match was better IMO. They were both fantastic and if they were longer, I'd probably be nominating both for MOTYC. Also the Momo/Mayu match contained a lot of the usual Oedo Tai bullshit

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

HM
3rd September
Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix Night 11
Maika vs Syuri

The Iwatani vs Kamitani main event on this show was a bummer, expected something much better from those 2.

Same. I personally don't think Saya k is as good as everyone else seems to think but I still got my hopes up for the match against Mayu. Maybe they just don't gel together

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Chinston Wurchill posted:

HM: Utami Hayashishita vs. Mayu Iwatani (IWGP Women's Title Tournament Semi Final Match) 23 October.

I'm going MOTYC on this one. Yeah there was a botch at the start but it was one of those ones where it looks like someone hosed up realistically and then got beat up for it. I don't think it detracted from the rest of the match though. There were some amazing nearfalls and some really brutal offense (among many other things, one of the nastiest Air Raid Crashes I've seen) but the best thing about it was how well it pulled off that cat and mouse style of match where one person is physically overpowering and the other is wily and has to gain an advantage through counters (the crucifix bomb was a great choice here given Utami's moveset). It's one of the best versions of that type of match I've seen in a while

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom 10.23.2022 Tag league

MOTYC: Momo Watanabe and Starlight Kid vs Syuri and Tomoka Inaba. This has to rank up there among my favourite tag matches of the year. Absolutely awesome poo poo from everyone involved

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Katsuyori Shibata, AEW Rampage, 04/11

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom 11-03-2022

HM: Saya Kamitani vs Mina Shirakawa. This was such a great match that I would recommend to anyone, but it was so badly marred by an enormous botch at the end which I'm sure many of you have heard about by now. This had MOTYC written all over it otherwise

MOTYC: Syuri vs Maika. This on the other hand is as easy a MOTY nomination as I can possibly hand out. I thought my top 10 wrestlers of the year list was settled but now I'm seriously considering making room for Maika. She's been on loving fire this year

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

drat it I really want to watch that show and Gold Rush. But am I actually going to spend 100 bucks on wrestling ppvs in 1 day? That doesnt sound smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom Gold Rush 11/19/2022

MOTYC: Saya K vs Kairi.

MOTYC: Utami Hayashishita vs Syuri. This might be my match of the year period. And Syuri has to be wrestler of the year at this point.