Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Kevino07 posted:

Someone helpfully linked to this match in the WWE thread, so can add another match to the WMOTYC pile and save New Japan's blushes:

WMOTYC: AJ Styles vs. Omos - WWE Raw, 01/03

~4 minutes of dogshit

https://streamlala.com/jGOfr/

As someone who had never seen an Omos match before clicking that link, I'll Nth this.

I realize a 7-footer, especially a green one, doesn't have to be able to do much, but surely you've gotta be able to do more than that, especially when you're working with AJ Styles. At this stage, I wonder if the tag breakup is because they want to push him so bad that they don't care if he's ready or not, or if they just want to cut bait and unshackle AJ as quickly as possible after the last however-long-it's-been. (Don't answer, I know it's the first one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

SG Bamboo posted:

Eh, that show had Tully Blanchard vs Stan Lane and 2Cold Scorpio vs Julio Dinero which were fine, it's just the lows were a hell of a lot sadder

Heroes of Wrestling featured an addict hitting rock bottom on live television in the main event and that wasn't even the worst match of the show.

Two matches where you could say "Eh, that kinda stunk, but I wouldn't be THAT offended if I saw that on weekly TV" aren't enough to rescue Heroes of Wrestling from being the worst of all time.

But it doesn't sound like anything on tonight's Fed show even reached that level. Like, the vibe I'm getting is "no negative star matches, but nothing above 1.75 either."

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

SG Bamboo posted:

It's almost certainly the worst show of all time, but that wasn't the question posed. I do not believe that the two matches I mentioned would have got WMOTYC nods, which is what Maigius said in response to Testekill

This thread being this thread, I think they would've been dragged in by proximity to the rest, and the fact that you really can't call either match "good" either. Lane/Blanchard had a lovely finish and Scorpio whiffed the Tumbleweed and got the three count anyway.

Though obviously, the real debate would've been between the main and Sheikie/Volkoff vs. the Bushwhackers.

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 30, 2022