Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

I read this book about six months ago on a whim, knowing absolutely nothing about it other than the author. I came away from it with this:

Does the protagonist still have his dick? Possibly, yes, but it was funnier to me to imagine that his dick got shot clean off.

Other than the inordinate amount of time I spent wondering about the protagonists dick and/or balls, I enjoyed the book well enough, but I'm not sure I'll ever really like a story where all the characters are thin pastiches of the writer's friends. Maybe his social cabal was thrilled to live on in his works, I don't know, but something about the whole roman à clef concept just rubs me the wrong way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU