Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Jarmak posted:

Devil 1 flight - 4 x F/A-18C Lot 20

Devil 1-1: Jarmak
Devil 1-2: Tythas
Devil 1-3: Ice Fist
Devil 1-4: Stimperor

TASK:
Devil 1 is tasked with a BAI strike against fixed artillery positions IVO the town of Koki, OBJ ROYALE. This strike will be conducted in support of the Georgian engineers assault on Zugdidi, OBJ BIG MAC and is intended to render the artillery combat ineffective for the duration of the assault.

We expect to be given a follow-on task to provide CAS support for that assault, the assault on the dam (OBJ MCRIB), or the assault on the Russian beachhead (OBJ FISH SANDWICH). We will be fragged by Bulldozer as need upon the completion of our primary task

In game Start Time: 0600
METAR: (Waiting for weather report)
Bullseye: Tshinkvali
Launch Airfield: Tbilisi-Lochini, Rwy 31L, TCN 25X GTB
Recovery Airfield: Tbilisi-Lochini Rwy 31L, TCN 25X GTB

THREATS:
Aircraft: Mig 29, Su 27, Su 34 have been observed in prior missions.
SAM: MANPADS, SA-19, SA-3/SA-6 are operating over the border but we out of range of our objective.
AAA: ZSU-23-4 Shilka, ZU-23-2 mounted on Ural 375

COMMS:
Devil 1 Flight - MIDS 1 (/ 133.000 AM radio 2 during start up until all Devils are on MIDS 1)

Ground Battle Manager: Bulldozer 262.000 AM - Radio 1
Tbilisi Tower: 260.00 - Radio 1

Air Battle Manager: Wind Maker 261.000 AM - Radio 2
Enfield Flight: 137.000 - Radio 2
Other flights: per kneeboard - Radio 2

LOADOUT:

1x AGM-65F IR-Guided Missile
4x GBU-38 GPS-Guided Missile
2x GBU-12 500lb Laser-Guided Bomb
2x AIM-9X IR AAM
1x AIM-120C-5 Active Radar AAM
1x AN/AAQ 28 Litening Targeting Pod
1x FPU-8A Fuel Tank, 330 Gallons

FLIGHT PLAN AND TARGETING:

ROE:
Visual identification of ground targets, or marking by JTAC/FAC(A) with visual identification required before engaging. As long as under control of a JTAC/FAC(A), do not engage ground targets IVO objective PIGPEN without instructions.

Georgian engineers can be identified by organic flamethrower support. In the event of CAS tasking prepared for targets in close proximity to friendlies and/or civilians and above all LISTEN TO THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE JTAC.

Air targets should be fired on at the direction of Wind Maker or in self defense if required.

MINIMUM ALT: Do not descend below 15000' AGL while over enemy targets

BINGO: 3500

FLIGHT PLAN WAYPOINTS:
Waypoint 0 - Tbilisi
Waypoint 1 - Holding point - Devil 1 will hold here in case of hostile air until cleared by Bulldozer/Windmaker to proceed
Waypoint 2 - IP - Devil 1 will establish a right-hand orbit at this point to locate targets (NOTE: please place this waypoint 10-12NM away from Royale)
Waypoint 3 - ROYALE - Primary Obj - Destroy/disable Russian artillery positions

ADDITIONAL WAYPOINTS:
Waypoint 4 - BIG MAC - Secondary target
Waypoint 5 - MCRIB- Secondary target
Waypoint 6 - FISH SANDWICH- Secondary target

TARGETING

Targeting will be established at WP2, in the event of follow-on CAS targeting will be done in accordance with JTAC/FAC(A) instructions.

LASER CODES:

Recommend setting your LST to wingman's laser code

Devil 1-1: 1511
Devil 1-2: 1512
Devil 1-3: 1513
Devil 1-4: 1514

ADDITIONAL TASKS
Expect additional CAS tasks upon destruction of OBJ ROYALE

You and Weasel will be out of Batumi for this op. Someone poo poo in the control tower in Tblisi and they had to blow it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Yooper posted:

Someone poo poo in the control tower in Tblisi and they had to blow it up.

Excuse me I did not poo poo in the control tower until AFTER it blew up.

And even then I kept my pants on.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
:frogsiren:

We start Day 4 of the Georgian War Campaign in 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Be there or be something.

Jazzahn
Jul 3, 2007

Did you just say awesome?
Once again I will be streaming my viewpoint in the Su-25T In Enfield 2

https://twitch.tv/jazzahn

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

One of the Georgian riflemen with the Georgian JTAC team was on a balcony of the 13th floor, and took this with his polaroid camera.
We thought the NATO HQ might be interested.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Hopefully he wasn't related to the serviceman that Dandy gunned down on the Senaki runway.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Lumme posted:

Listen up bros, im having a good loving frat party in tiblisi airport lngue, and all of ya assholes are invited even if you are not bros from Texa A%M, exept that weekend warrior of a commander, drat him and his stupid loving ROes. I've secured some good stuf, some local booze, tasts like poo poo but gets you buzzed proper, and i even bought some weed from some local kid, must be some rare stuff, smells like oregano. and no one dont tell my flgh lead sniches get stitches, she would just nag, aparently im not supposed to drink betwen missions, but what does she know, shouldnt even be flying, women, am i right guys? Like hwo even needs them, those ficking AA kills felt better than anything than they can do, probalby. So everyons welcome, iv put some pictures from the current situation, God Bless America.

Also, God Bless Texas!

I suppose it's a good thing I feel disgust trying to channel a monkeybrained frat bro?

CallsignAngel posted:

From the desk of CAPT Angel, USN,
To Commander Yooper, Icelandic Air Wing:

I would like to request that you accompany me on a completely random inspection of the Tbilisi airport facilities at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Just as as a reminder to this story, ultimately, after trying to fight a cardboard cutout at the Tbilisi airport lounge, Pontiac 2-2 RIO was arrested.
The Tbilisi Police hauled him off as he was yelling "TEXAS A AND M BABY YOU CAN'T loving DO THIS WHERE IS YOUR CLASS RING!?", as can be seen on this photo taken by Pontiac 1-1 Wrathcough, who was quoted as "AAAY BROO loving GNARLY!"

He was naturally unable to fly on Day 3, and Day 4.

It is up to Commander Yooper or Pontiac 2-1 Angel to secure his release from downtown Tbilisi if you desire his skills on Day 5.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 6, 2022

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

SRS and You

So the biggest issue Elendil and I saw was comms. Mission tasking was great, flying was great, but communication could improve. We've got a lot of new folks so I'm going to do a brief bit about SRS.

First up, here is the SOP and AirGoon (that's you now) Newbie Guide.

https://www.airgoons.com/w/Standard_Operating_Procedures
https://www.airgoons.com/w/DCS_Newbie_Guide

SRS is how you communicate in the plane. Some planes have built in radios that directly talk to SRS, so you punch in the frequency on the aircraft in DCS and it automatically changes it in SRS. Simple jets from Flaming Cliffs 3 (such as the F-15C) or the SU-25T (free jet) strictly use SRS for comms. You can bind the PTT (push to talk) button on your throttle or stick or even keyboard.

You get SRS here : http://dcssimpleradio.com/

This is what it will look like when you're connected to the Goon Server and it is functioning properly.

Note, you don't need to enter the server info. Just open SRS then connect to the multiplayer server in DCS and it populates the server info. If you hear yourself echoing have your passthrough set to NO MIC.

Click "toggle radio overlay" and you'll see the actual channel list. You define this to what your flight needs.

On the sign up sheet is the header, this has the basic comms channels. ATC tells you how to take off and land. Windmaker handles air threats. Bulldozer tasks folks on ground ops. If you are an SU-25T you would want to listen to Bulldozer but more importantly be keyed up to your flight comms.

If you are Enfield 1-1, that is the flight lead. That person talks to the flight, and to Bulldozer.

This is what your channel list would look like.

You define your radio keys on the "controls" menu. This can be joystick switches, or even the shift or control buttons. Note, that Push To Talk - PTT, will talk on any channel that has the GREEN circle. This is more useful for ATC or Air Management. It is not your actual talk key, so ignore this if you're a pilot.

As you can imagine it gets kind of hectic on comms. Bulldozer is calling for tasking. Your flight lead is listening to you, and Bulldozer, and maybe a JTAC.

If you go to settings you can adjust which ear gets which sounds. In my case Radio 1 goes to both ears. Radio two is only the left, radio 3 is the right. You then use the slider on the RADIO OVERLAY to adjust volume for that channel.

Good practice : Have Bulldozer or Windmaker on a channel but minimize the volume if you aren't the lead. Why? If your flight lead is shot down then you may be the last person flying. Then Bulldozer or Windmaker can help keep you alive. Task saturation is a real thing, so minimize paying attention to non-critical poo poo. If you need to know, your flight lead should tell you.

Normal task will start with ATC launching you, then you get handed off to Bulldozer/Windmaker, and they may hand you off to a JTAC. Then the reverse happens on the way back. Realistically if it's all smooth you may go right to the AO and just talk to a JTAC. But if there is CAP to clear, and SAM's to strike, you may want to be sure it's safe to go in.

Flight Leads, make sure you are monitoring Bulldozer, Windmaker, or JTAC if you were passed off. Sometimes we need to know if you need more resources, or if we can task a member to help out another flight.

Should you, the fresh frogfooted goon, want to practice, just hop into Discord and ask. I'll do a few passes with you, and many other goons will too.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Apologies to Windmaker for the radio faux-pas this last mission, I had hosed up and only had 264 OR 262 on at either time. I should have had both, and it led to some lack of response on my part.

Jazzahn
Jul 3, 2007

Did you just say awesome?
"Communication broke down today in the fighting over Georgia when an American A-10 intercepted and ally Georgian Su-25T on final to Senaki airbase. According to sources in the Georgian airforce, the American pilot was forced to buy the entire Enfield 2 Flight a round of Chacha and tickets to the next showing of Shen Yun. For some in Enfield 2 this will be the 3rd time seeing the play. Back to you Bob"

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I... have bad news regarding Shen Yun's scheduled performance...

An Abkhazian artillery round landed nearly directly on top of the beautiful green Shen Yun touring bus. It detonated on impact, and absolutely destroyed the vehicle and killed the entire cast and supporting crew.

All tickets are hereby declared null and void, there will be... no refunds.

I'm sorry for everyone's loss... but it pales to the instant loss of over 5,000 years of culture...

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 6, 2022

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Jazzahn posted:

"Communication broke down today in the fighting over Georgia when an American A-10 intercepted and ally Georgian Su-25T on final to Senaki airbase. According to sources in the Georgian airforce, the American pilot was forced to buy the entire Enfield 2 Flight a round of Chacha and tickets to the next showing of Shen Yun. For some in Enfield 2 this will be the 3rd time seeing the play. Back to you Bob"

That Su-25 conducted an unsafe and unprofessional intercept of the A10 and is lucky the pilot already had his a2a kill of the day.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dandywalken posted:

I... have bad news regarding Shen Yun's scheduled performance...

An Abkhazian artillery round landed nearly directly on top of the beautiful green Shen Yun touring bus. It detonated on impact, and absolutely destroyed the vehicle and killed the entire cast and supporting crew.

All tickets are hereby declared null and void, there will be... no refunds.

I'm sorry for everyone's loss... but it pales to the instant loss of over 5,000 years of culture...

Are we sure that the CCP didn’t slip that arty battery some money to ‘accidentally’ take out the Shen Yun bus? They weren’t big fans of the Falun Gong movement and they’ve made lots of attempts to sabotage it before…

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Enfield 2-2 mission summary.

https://youtu.be/VbUtRDjdjo0

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

We... have come across this rather disturbing intel image. It would suggest that the Improved Kilo-class submarine off the coast this entire time? It has been the command vessel of none other than Jae himself!

He has been monitoring our communications and intel through a yet-unknown form of communication in our current year of 2008, "The Cloud"

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 6, 2022

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Dang guess he really has gone fishing.

deadseedinside
Jul 6, 2018

Possibly a confused chimpanzee. Approach with caution and snacks.
Those Kilo class must have one helluva ballast system to accommodate him

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Comms procedure proposal

After hearing Wind Makers frustration with comms at the last operation from the back of the E-3, the flight chef, flight sous chef, flight desert chef, and flight masseuse got together and have an idea.

Advise if this is technically not possible due to DCS fuckery. If its just pushing extra buttons in the cockpit the you might gotta figure it out.

All flights start on Tower freq and tower transitions ALL flights to Wind Maker on 261. Wind Maker takes flight, and either re-tasks it for CAP/A2A, sends to a designated hold until its safe, or directs to IP/Waypoint and hands off to Bulldozer on 262. Bulldozer further hands off to JTAC if needed. Once bulldozer is done working a flight, transfer back to Wind Maker for situational awareness then back to Tower for landing.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
:frogsiren:

We are doing the decision as game organizers to call the next saturday the 12th of February, which is 5th of August 2008 in the game-time, the last day of hostilities for the campaign.
There is a chance that the following saturday or something would be a non-combat celebration day or something, but regardless, Day 5 is the last oorah of this war, and if the tasks succeed, participants will sue for peace or a cease fire, and we will analyze the effects of what happened, who got what, and what the map looks like as the gunfire ceases.

Please sign up to fly. Let's do this.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Critical Details

0030 Departure on 05 AUG.

Bright Full Moon. Good Visiblity.

Intel

SAM sites within Abkhazia are seriously degraded but the porous border to Russia means that we may still encounter threats. Squadron S2 is digging into this now. We'll be operating close to Russia, so be sure to watch that border. We've drawn the line a bit thinner this time to prevent ambiguity.

All flights depart from Tblisi. Note the distance, SU-25's will be flying approximately 230-250 nm.

This will be challenging. We are at the edge of operational range for our Georgian Flights. In addition it is our first night op. It's worth practicing some basic maneuvers as well as night strikes.

Flight Leads : Get with your team and make sure everyone is comfortable engaging in low light conditions. More details to come on tasking and requirements.

GOAL Strike SAM Sites with the SCUD and Air base strikes just minutes behind. With any luck we'll be over the AO and winchester in under 10 minutes. By the time the Russians scramble we'll be chilling in Tblisi having mimosas and eggs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Grz7yEp70GOFfjch3zD1mp2TpDStdapDdqNVTAOu6c/edit#gid=0

EDIT : Frogfoots taking off from Vaziani.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 7, 2022

Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Beijing Olympics will start on Day 8, how will this affect Georgian morale?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Enfield Flights

Tasking for Flight Leads / Flight Members. You will be departing from Vaziani with one target AirBase at 205 NM, the second at 240 NM. Primary targets are runway and hangar facilities.

1. Can you make your target area without a refuel stop on the way there?
2. We've secured permission for your flight to RTB to Senaki after striking the air bases.
3. Also please advise on loadout. You have rocket propelled anti-runway bombs that look super loving sweet. Can you carry these and some laser guided rockets for facility removal?

Your flights are able to refuel at Senaki on the way in if you so choose. The risk being landing with fully loaded airplanes in the dark.

Tblisi to Senaki : 150 nm

Senaki to Target Area 1 : 60 nm
Senaki to Target Area 2 : 96 nm

This is no snack stop at Senaki.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I'm still hoping that suddenly, from a cloud bank formed of its own exhaust, the Kuznetsov teleports into Georgian waters for a show down between the Tarawa and it

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Planning Map Link

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1V7Qp-mAwZG8wrPuTaMlxxRA5n9VEyI4R&usp=sharing

Russian border SA-6's are an FYI sort of thing. Don't go near them and they won't bother you. We don't need to go near them.

The SA-6's at Sukhumi and Gudauta will need to destroyed. The SHORAD covering the SCUD launchers will also need some loving.

We can sacrifice a Frogfoot out of each flight to run a Phantasmagoria pod and lob some missiles or we can have the F-16 / F-18's HARM them on the way through. I'd rather have the HARM's and let the Frogfoots focus on loving up that airbase.

Weasel - Devil - Jedi flights, what are your thoughts? Can one of your flights be strike SEAD and the other two focus on SCUD hunting?

The Angry Brit
Sep 17, 2005

Do I pull G's? no sir, I'm married

GNN posted:

Sup my pilots? your boii from the network again. We had a news team in Zugdidi, haven't heard back from them, I'm sure they're fine - you guys know what you're doing right? haha it's not like 20 years ago in Desert Storm, I bet your modern kit doesn't even let you look at non-hostile assets. God drat I freaking love science. Anyway we had to go to broadcast before our team came back so we didn't get as much footage as we wanted. Can't get the staff haha.. hope they're ok though.

I was sad to hear talk of an end to the conflict, it's not my place to say, but sooner or later we gotta tame the bear right? if one of you wants to set something up with a commander I can explain this, me and Keith from the sound department both agree it's the best strategic move and the network would LOVE the coverage.
Like, what even is news without conflict? I've always thought a good global pandemic would be UH-MAZ-ING for the 24 news hour cycle, but science defeat all the good stuff generations ago! don't get me wrong I freaking love science, it'd just be fun to cover - guess we'll never know. siiiiiiiiiiigh.

But anyway don't RUSH to peace ok? there's a lot of us who depend on you to do our jobs, so just.. give it your all, and a little extra. Over the border. Take the head off the snake. You know I'm saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u7wU5oRtfw

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

If you thought my A10 gun runs on Saturday were clutch, wait till I show off how a F15 does CAS.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Yooper posted:

Planning Map Link

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1V7Qp-mAwZG8wrPuTaMlxxRA5n9VEyI4R&usp=sharing

Russian border SA-6's are an FYI sort of thing. Don't go near them and they won't bother you. We don't need to go near them.

The SA-6's at Sukhumi and Gudauta will need to destroyed. The SHORAD covering the SCUD launchers will also need some loving.

We can sacrifice a Frogfoot out of each flight to run a Phantasmagoria pod and lob some missiles or we can have the F-16 / F-18's HARM them on the way through. I'd rather have the HARM's and let the Frogfoots focus on loving up that airbase.

Weasel - Devil - Jedi flights, what are your thoughts? Can one of your flights be strike SEAD and the other two focus on SCUD hunting?

Weasel should have first dibs on SEAD since that is what their squadron is. JEDI is strike, but if we end up splitting the tasks between our flights so we all take some HARMs that's not too bad, but it depends on what you want us to strike.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

Yooper posted:

Weasel 1-1 here, we can run 2 bags and 2 HARMs and cover the distance with some time for loitering over the objective if needed.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

INTJ Mastermind posted:

Weasel 1-1 here, we can run 2 bags and 2 HARMs and cover the distance with some time for loitering over the objective if needed.

Sounds good! You smuck those SA-6's at Gadauta and Sukhumi, any remaining SA-6's can go towards SHORAD at Garga.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Target data for Sukhumi. All of these must be destroyed.

#1 & #2 are Ammo Bunkers.
#3 is Fuel Tanks.
#4 is the Main Terminal.
#5 is the Runway.

Gadauta is a bit different.

#1 & #2 are a pair of ammo bunkers on each side.
#3 is the Control Tower.
#4 is the runway.

Enfield 1 & Enfield 2 will be primary on this task. You will go in once Weasel Flight has cleared the SA-6's.

Jedi and Devil 1 will focus on the SCUD site on the border. Stand off and avoid overflying Russian territory as much as possible. Be aware that the Black Sea is a safe divert direction, North towards the border is not. If we receive more intel on threats or targets in your AO I will advise.

Devil 2 will be batting clean up for both of the above objectives. You are our firewall for ground based failure. Whatever the Frogfoots miss, you will strike. If Jedi and Devil 1 cannot strike the SCUD site, or if they are ineffective, then you will go in last.

CAP. You have a difficult task that is similar to day one, but even closer to the border. We will observe the no-fly zone we have negotiated with the Russians. If you are fired upon you may engage targets inside Russia, but your aircraft may not cross that line. Assume that once we start the ground party that the Russians will want to party too.

Sukhumi AirBase Strike = Slash
Gadauta AirBase Strike = Lemmy
SCUD Approximate AO = Ozzy

EDIT : Legend for Map.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 8, 2022

The Angry Brit
Sep 17, 2005

Do I pull G's? no sir, I'm married

After action report from Day 1
August 1st, day 1 of the air campaign over Georgia, my RIO Xeno and I (Prime) were part of a 4 ship of Tomcats providing air cover along the Georgian side of the border. Flight lead kept us on a short leash for about an hour before we got the call, Fulcrums were crossing the border and taking shots at our ground pounders. I pushed reheat and my RIO locked and launched a phoenix at around 25 miles, the jammy bugger dodged it, but we sealed the deal with a sparrow shot from 10 miles.

Distracted by our current engagement however, a second flight on their side of the border put a shot on us; we defended but took the hit, losing both engines and hydraulics – with no chance of relight and no surface authority to glide it back over the border, we made the decision to punch out.

On the way down we realised we were just north of the river border, we were landing in enemy territory! We touched down in an agricultural field, unpacked our survival gear and got our bearings. To our horror, we estimated we were a full 12km to the nearest crossing and friendly territory.. my god, we’re pilots, we can’t walk that far! Transport would be required.

We arrived at Tagiloni Railway Station at about 3pm and to our delight, the station was deserted. Hours passed and the light faded with no sign of a train, we passed the time by citing our favourite passages from the F14 NATOPS manual until we drifted off. Day 2 came and went with no sign of a train, “if only there were a website we could complain atomically about every single part of a country to would-be travellers”, “Yes, if we get out of this alive, I vow to create.. the Tripadvisor dot com!”. Day 3 and with rations depleting at a goonly rate, conversation between my RIO and I grew terse over the proper employment of AN/ALE-39 during refuelling operations. I slept poorly that night, being woken on several occasions by his sleep talking, agitatedly reciting functions of the AWG-9 system, I quietly confiscated his survival knife and moved further down the platform.

Day 4 and my sleep was further ruined by explosions just over the river in Zugdidi, “wake up, they’re bombing cities without us!” I shouted to my RIO, who sat bolt upright, his unblinking eyes narrowing on the smoke in the distance, whispering LANTIRN operation procedures as if in holy prayer to the package. Things were getting desperate, if I didn’t return my RIO to his natural habitat soon he may not make it, I thought. In an act of desperation, I begrudgingly engaged in human interaction with a resident, signalling to one of the local merchants our need to get across the border. He agreed to take us to Tbilisi, but only in exchange for a patch from my flight jacket.

Mildly NSFW

Nights will be lonelier without her, but it was a price I had to pay.

We arrived later that evening to our accommodation, expecting a heroes return, but instead finding our squadronmate’s in a poor state, barely acknowledging our return, simply wailing in anguish “that meanie Wind Maker keeps making fun of us, and no one likes us because our jets take half of the entire maintenance budget!!”.

Don’t worry Pontiac 2. We’re complete again now. We’ll show them. We’ll show them all.

(Narrator: Immediately following this report, Pontiac 2-4 pilot was transferred to Devil 2-1; without the judgemental eye of the lady of his jacket patch, the thought of riding a Hornet no longer seemed so bad - Pontiac 2-4 now requires a new pilot)

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
In the current signup sheet for the last day of the war, coming this Saturday, we have several openings.

Opening for one F-16 slot, one F-18 slot, one F-14 pilot, and three Su-25T Frogfoots. Get in, sign up, fly.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Disturbing reports of an incident off the coast. A civilian transport from Turkey (Turkiye) struck what appears to have been a mine in what were Georgian waters, at least 5 nautical miles from claimed Abkhazian waters. After the ship was towed to safety, NATO specialists confirmed that there were multiple mines visually matching the parameters of mines fielded by Georgia in their past efforts at preventing naval resupply.

This begs two questions: How were the Russian Marines on day 1 able to bypass the minefields without incident? And why would Georgia mine its own waters?

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

WEASEL FLIGHT BRIEFING - Week 5

FLIGHT:
Flight Lead: WEASEL 1-1 Bear.is.flying
Wingman: WEASEL 1-2 big soda
Element Lead: WEASEL 1-3 BurntCornMuffin
Wingman: WEASEL 1-4 cbjamo

MISSION: SEAD - Suppress SA-6 sites.

LOADOUT:
AGM-88*2
AIM-9X*2
AIM-120C*2
Wing Fuel Tanks
PODS: HTS/TGP/ECM

EXECUTION:
Takeoff: 15 second intervals.
Climb: 350 kts / M .80
Cruise: M .80 @ 25000 ft

Fly directly to objectives located at WPs 1-3 and engage SA-6 and other air defences.

AA SELF-DEFENSE CONTINGENCY: Shoot Hot Aspect bandits if Range <20 nm and along the Azimuth of a SPIKE.

ROUTE:
Depart: TIBLISI
WP1: SLASH
WP2: LEMMY
WP3: OZZY
WP4: SENAKI (ALTERNATE)
WP5: TIBLISI (LANDING)

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Enfield flight is looking for a few more Su-25T Frogfoot pilots. This is the free plane you can fly for the low price of $0. Yes, it is free. You just need to download the Open Beta client, the standalone radio program SRS, and maybe have a simple joystick or gamepad.

You only need to know about 8 buttons to do this. Seriously. An intrepid individual could do it with only the keyboard.

This will do:

Or this:

This weekend is the final mission. The attack portion will be difficult, but I don't expect you to get any ordnance on target. If you do, everyone will be surprised. If you make it to landing, ecstatic.

We will be flying at night. You can cheat your way to the target area with autopilot and manual throttle adjustments. It's a 50 minute flight there. If you love general aviation, you'll have a blast. You can enjoy cruising on autopilot, or manually flying as close or loose of formation as you choose while listening in on other flights(and/or visually following). Most of it is IFR, but there is a full moon, the stars, city lights.

Hit up the Air Goons discord if interested, or post here.

Here is a practice mission I slapped together, and guide for the mission's attack method.

https://discord.com/channels/215327041439006722/938562773745532999/941503253923917916

The minimum ask is that you can take off most of the time successfully and that you try your best.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
fffffffffffffine, guess I'll actually have to practice night flying.

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006

Scruff McGruff posted:

fffffffffffffine, guess I'll actually have to practice night flying.

Do it! It's not that dark at night as long as you're not over water.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
What’s the moon phase going to be?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

INTJ Mastermind posted:

What’s the moon phase going to be?

We cheated the clock to make it not suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

PONTIAC 1 FLIGHT BRIEFING - Day 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP0S3xL2S8U

Pontiac 1-1: ninjahedgehog aka wrathcough
Pontiac 1-2: Alchenar
Pontiac 1-3: HerpicleOmicron5

Welcome to the endgame, pilots. Hope you all had some R&R during last week's mission, because you're going to need it. I had a pretty vivid dream I was flying a Viper and got blown out of the sky thirty seconds in.... eh, I'd rather not talk about it.

We'll be responsible for fighter sweep and CAP while the strike flights destroy three targets: two SA-6 sites codenamed SLASH and LEMMY, as well as a SCUD site codenamed OZZY. Our flightplan is as follows: depart first from Tbilisi and sweep to WP3, situated 25 miles away from SLASH. This will put us comfortably outside of the SA-6's range of approximately 20 miles. Once Weasel flght confirms SLASH's destruction, Pontiac 1 will proceed to WP4 and anchor there until Weasel confirms destruction of LEMMY. Pontiac 1 will then orbit the AO and stand by to intercept bandits from the northeast.

Pontiac 2's flightplan will largely follow the same steps. Once SLASH and LEMMY are destroyed, Pontiac 2 will watch for bandits from the northwest.

(Pontiac 1 in blue, Pontiac 2 in orange)
WP1: Tbilisi Intl Airport
WP2: Senaki Airbase, in case of emergency landing
WP3: ~25 miles east-southeast of SLASH
WP4: ~25 miles east-southeast of LEMMY
WP5: OZZY

This is a night op, but that shouldn't affect our mission too much as long as we practice proper BVR tactics. Fire AMRAAMs at maximum range against modern planes (Fulcrum, Flanker, Foxhound), crank to keep the bandit at gimbal limit, and re-engage once the bandit goes defensive. We're only at a significant disadvantage in the merge -- keep your head on a swivel, watch for afterburners and missile trails, and stay communicative with your fellow pilots. Do not, under any circumstances, launch Sidewinders without confirming your target is hostile through a radar lock -- boresight and vertical scan modes will help you IFF contacts off your nose.

ARMAMENT

As before, recommended loadout is 6 AIM-120C AMRAAMs and 2 AIM-9M Sidewinders, along with three fuel tanks. Remember to hit LCRTL+W to drop the wing tanks before an engagment, but don't hit it more than once or you'll start dropping stores.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 11, 2022