Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

pnac attack posted:

i would describe the current system as "random", "janky", and "chaotic" but do not see any of these things as negatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

What the gently caress is an ok?

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
every byob should feel the childlike joy and wonder of submitting a cat probe to the leper colony. it is good

nut

i feel heard

Twenty Four

I think things are good how they are, and if anything, adding ideas in addition might be okay but taking away the way things currently work would be bad. How it currently works is fun, more might be more fun if it's a good idea, but nothing feels broke the way it runs right now.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i think it would be good and helpful if maybe IKs had some advanced notice that they are gonna be an IK in 2 weeks or something so you've got time to think about a fun thing to do if you want to do a fun thing. Like tell february's IK they are gonna be the IK jan 15, not jan 30.

I think I had some advance notice the one time I was IK like 5 years ago (wow it's been almost that long) but if it's that short of notice now, I can agree with this.

biosterous

idly toying with the gimmick of never accepting the IK position if offered and still declaring myself the uncrowned king, and being totally unaware that i'm just calling myself the Idiot

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

as a datapoint when i was ik and chaotically random jankied it up it had nothing to do with the responsibility and was just my brain exploding.

i do think having double iks for months and also many months is very cool and good and smart.

what does anyone know

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

a three month mod is an Idiot Monarch

a one month mod is an Idiot Jester

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

a permanent mod is a Dingus Khan

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
when I was IK I still didn't know what the letters IK stood for. :banjo:

Ass-penny

I swear I got offered IK the same month I bought plat. it was surprising and unnerving and I was finally warming up to it around the time it expired.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Prof. Crocodile

your friend sk posted:

mods pls change my name to Dingus Khan tia

Manifisto

Areola Grande posted:

when I was IK I still didn't know what the letters IK stood for. :banjo:

to this very day a lot of people don't know it stands for Internet Knight

ty nesamdoom!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

rear end-penny posted:

What the gently caress is an ok?

Not much, what the gently caress is an ok with you?

Ass-penny

Viginti Septem posted:

Not much, what the gently caress is an ok with you?

:negative: another example of how I've been sabotaged by phone posting

gently caress a phone
1,312 dead landlords
69,420 dead cops

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

your friend sk posted:

:sickos:

Goons Are Gifts

paging astral to rename moderators to thst

Goons Are Gifts

okay so friends, we talked about it some more and about your feedback, what we're getting out of this thread is that you guys are mostly very happy with the current setup, which is great, because we had no intention in overhauling it anyways. A bit more flexibility might be in order to provide the creative and technical ground work, but that's about it.

One suggestion we had would be this:
IKs stay as they are now, no real mods, a fun position that can push buttons if they feel the need, but never need to. Instead of reigning for exactly one month and not a second longer, we'd simply ask an IK candidate how long they are interested in ruling, no matter if it's a day or two months, with a certain max limit. Additionally, we'd also ask the new IK how they want to design their succession, if at all. A contest? A game? You appoint someone singularly and against their will? A grand posting tournament to pass the torch? You make the rules, with a certain amount of veto from mani and myself to prevent that the next IK contest would be a real life goon meet where we have to throw weed on cows until they are high from absorption through the fur.

If no succession is needed or wanted, we'd simply drop off the current IK and run IKless for a bit until we found a new one, no rush on any end. If an IK wishes to step down earlier than originally planned or would like an extension to finish up a project, that's always possible.
Multiple IKs are just as allowed as no IK at all, anything goes, we can just talk about it, both in public as well as via pms.

How would this kind of revolution sound for you guys? A new tradition to cement our place as the most colorful forum of the world?

sb hermit

:yeah:

nut

I think a contest here or there would be fun!

Prof. Crocodile

i was kind of hoping for the kind of revolution that had pitchforks and torches, but okay. guess I’ll find something to do with all these pitchforks.

Ass-penny

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i was kind of hoping for the kind of revolution that had pitchforks and torches, but okay. guess I’ll find something to do with all these pitchforks.

:yeah:

Goons Are Great posted:

the next IK contest would be a real life goon meet where we have to throw weed on cows until they are high from absorption through the fur.

also I know this was posted an example of what not to do, but if I'm ever IK again this is how we choose my successor.

Goons Are Gifts

îm not saying we shouldnt do it, Im saying I would veto in doing exactly that the second someone mentions a cow ever

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I've IK'd before, and I would IK again!

If the stars line up and the entrails are in all the right places which don't offend the knuckle bones while appeasing the signs and portents.

Or something.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Goons Are Great posted:

okay so friends, we talked about it some more and about your feedback, what we're getting out of this thread is that you guys are mostly very happy with the current setup, which is great, because we had no intention in overhauling it anyways. A bit more flexibility might be in order to provide the creative and technical ground work, but that's about it.

One suggestion we had would be this:
IKs stay as they are now, no real mods, a fun position that can push buttons if they feel the need, but never need to. Instead of reigning for exactly one month and not a second longer, we'd simply ask an IK candidate how long they are interested in ruling, no matter if it's a day or two months, with a certain max limit. Additionally, we'd also ask the new IK how they want to design their succession, if at all. A contest? A game? You appoint someone singularly and against their will? A grand posting tournament to pass the torch? You make the rules, with a certain amount of veto from mani and myself to prevent that the next IK contest would be a real life goon meet where we have to throw weed on cows until they are high from absorption through the fur.

If no succession is needed or wanted, we'd simply drop off the current IK and run IKless for a bit until we found a new one, no rush on any end. If an IK wishes to step down earlier than originally planned or would like an extension to finish up a project, that's always possible.
Multiple IKs are just as allowed as no IK at all, anything goes, we can just talk about it, both in public as well as via pms.

How would this kind of revolution sound for you guys? A new tradition to cement our place as the most colorful forum of the world?

This is good. To tamper with perfection (i.e. BYOB) is surely a sign of madness.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I think we should let those cool ghosts IK again

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

How Wonderful! posted:

I think we should let those cool ghosts IK again

Yeah they were cool, bring them back imo

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Goons Are Gifts

well we don't have an IK right now and this is an open forum, so we are very open for ideas how to get started on this new and exciting setup, let the majority rule!!

Twenty Four

Goons Are Great posted:

let the majority rule!!

are you sure you know how an IK works? :)

Goons Are Gifts

the King says something and then calls that decision based on a majority, right??

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
As the God Empress of BYOB I declare the new IK to be decided by whoever can draw the most beautiful portrait of myself. Who dares defy me?

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

alnilam

Yeah I like IKs...
Internet
Kposting

ty manifisto

Manifisto

Indefatigable Kissers

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Idiot King ... wait poo poo

Prof. Crocodile

ill kommunication

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

îm not saying we shouldnt do it, Im saying I would veto in doing exactly that the second someone mentions a cow ever

what's your beef with bovines? :dadjoke:

Prof. Crocodile posted:

ill kommunication

:hmmyes:

rarity I'll post a portrait later, it will be wrong because I've never seen you but I'm willing to try.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

rear end-penny posted:

rarity I'll post a portrait later, it will be wrong because I've never seen you but I'm willing to try.

No one else has even entered the contest yet so you may be about to win by default :hai:

Ass-penny

I wanted the ice cream in your avatar so I just drew that. I was doing ok until I got to your right hand, please don't look at that hand, which I tried to hide with the glass.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

rear end-penny posted:

I wanted the ice cream in your avatar so I just drew that. I was doing ok until I got to your right hand, please don't look at that hand, which I tried to hide with the glass.

This is a strong contender, certainly closer to me than my avatar. You did my nose too small but that makes me look cuter so I will not deduct any points. You take the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Intolerant Kommissars

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!