Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I've fallen off of NJPW in the last two years. The only shows I watched during the pandemic was parts of the 2020 G1 and the New Japan Cup

I'm thinking of getting back into it now. Have there been any standout matches in those last two years? I don't mean merely "very good" stuff but the royal kinda stuff. I'll watch this year's wrestle Kingdom in the next few days but I figured it can't be hurt to get some good stuff that happened in the timeframe that I missed out on as an appetizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

forkboy84 posted:

I think no promotion I watched in 2021 had as many standout matches as New Japan to be honest with you. I have 8 matches at 4.75 & 2 at 5. Plus another 13 at 4.5 & 20 at 4.25 & 21 at 4*. So yeah, just focusing on the very best stuff
5*
7/6 Dominion Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi IWGP World HW
18/9 G1 Night 1 Shingo Takagi vs Tomohiro Ishii
4.75*
5/1 WK Night 2 Shingo Takagi vs Jeff Cobb NEVER Openweight
5/1 WK Night 2 Kota Ibushi vs Jay White IWGP HW/IC
30/1 New Beginning In Nagoya Shingo Takagi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi NEVER Openweight
6/3 New Japan Cup Kazuchika Okada vs Shingo Takagi
4/4 Sakura Genesis Kota Ibushi vs Will Ospreay IWGP World HW
4/5 Wrestling Dontaku Night 2 Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi IWGP World HW
19/9 G1 Night 2 Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada
6/11 Power Struggle Shingo Takagi vs Zack Sabre Jr IWGP World HW

Thanks for these. I probably wont be able to check out all of them in the interest of time so I'll pick some of them out.

Man, Shingo really came into his own in these years I missed, huh? He was pretty good when I stopped watching but I wasn't feeling it yet.