Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I went to right-click save as yours for socials until I remembered there are people who don't know the ape context. Given controversy with that word in the AFL a few years back i just stole your idea instead (thanks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

gabensraum posted:

I went to right-click save as yours for socials until I remembered there are people who don't know the ape context. Given controversy with that word in the AFL a few years back i just stole your idea instead (thanks)

That's far better than mine.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Both are funny :golfclap:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Jack Darling not vaccinated and banned from training lol

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/ByElizaReilly/status/1484350314937749505

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah homophobia, much like racism, is cured, therefore

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Watch people who agree with this fly into an absolute rage if you say something like “honouring our soldiers for Anzac Day has been done to death”

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

Yeah homophobia, much like racism, is cured, therefore

thepokey posted:

Watch people who agree with this fly into an absolute rage if you say something like “honouring our soldiers for Anzac Day has been done to death”

Agreeing with both these comments. If it was truly “fine” then it’d get less push-back. As well, start questioning the fealty to Are Troops and see the response real quick.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
He could have easily just stuck to his "I'm here to talk about the footy, not the jumper" comments and everything would have been fine. But no, he just had to throw in the "can't you gays just stop being so in my face about it all the time" bit as well.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Oh good. Now the Crows have formed a partnership with crypto.com as well.

I'm sure this won't blow up in our faces.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Something tells me we'll be seeing footy card NFTs in the near future.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ash Woodland has 10 goals after three matches. That seems kinda good to me. Is that the most of any player this season?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
That was a fun first women’s game to go to, and a fun first match ever for my two year old to go to.

Melbourne really shouldn’t have put the rainbow texture on the numbers on the back of the jumpers though, made them basically illegible.

Go dees

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Chairchucker posted:

Ash Woodland has 10 goals after three matches. That seems kinda good to me. Is that the most of any player this season?

Yes, next best is Teyla Harris on 6. Mind you, Woodland has 10.0 while Harris has 6.3 so almost the same scoring shots (Kate Hore has 5.7).

Hell, the most goals scored for an entire season is 16 (Vescio, 2021).

Very clearly four teams separated from the rest now, in Melbourne, Freo, Collingwood and Crows. Richmond probably the best of the rest (Brisbane would be there too but have had a terrible trot with Covid protocols).

Next week sees Melbourne vs Crows (in Adelaide), and Freo vs Collingwood (at Victoria Park). Very interesting!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It's going to be a cracker round in the AFLW.

All 4 undefeated teams play each other, and then the teams from 5th -8th play each other battling for the other two spots in the top 6.

Footy is cool and good.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Except for the multiple teams with only 5 day breaks playing in summer on hard grounds.

Hoping tonight goes well for us.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I wonder when the Bulldogs will finally play again.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Evil timeline Nat Fyfe

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

drunkill posted:

Evil timeline Nat Fyfe

Oh man, so close, but if it was truly Evil Timeline Nat Fyfe then he'd be playing for Collingwood and thus not wearing purple.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Forum Joe posted:

Oh man, so close, but if it was truly Evil Timeline Nat Fyfe then he'd be playing for Collingwood and thus not wearing purple.

Under premiership coach James Hird

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Just grow a beard mate

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/musi...ux6qfN7by7oCLAE

It seems footy is more important than Kanye West. And rightly so.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

BrigadierSensible posted:

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/musi...ux6qfN7by7oCLAE

It seems footy is more important than Kanye West. And rightly so.

I mean, yeah.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Crows still undefeated, heck yeah.

EDIT: Oh no, Ash Woodland didn't kick any goals today.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Chairchucker posted:

Crows still undefeated, heck yeah.

EDIT: Oh no, Ash Woodland didn't kick any goals today.

Phillips with three though :unsmith:

Also in good players kicking three goals news, Chloe Scheer!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I'm gonna guess I'm preaching to the choir here but surely a vaccinated 35yr old "coming off a serious foot injury 6 months ago as well as catching Covid in December" Rafa Nadal winning the Aus Open in his trademark maximum effort style is all the empirical proof any idiot professional athlete has for not wanting to get the vaccine due to concerns about their health, right?

I see Liam Jones is still holding out hope the rules will change though. He can go kick a footy around with Darling at the local park.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

snaeksikn posted:

I see Liam Jones is still holding out hope the rules will change though. He can go kick a footy around with Darling at the local park.

Oh good, I was going to mention that I finally saw a news article about a player not being vaccinated and it was Darling, simply because I was so curious about how the AFL would cover that topic.

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1488356525626503172

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Either he gets the shot or he doesn't. If he does then he gets to play, if not then gently caress him off.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

snaeksikn posted:

I'm gonna guess I'm preaching to the choir here but surely a vaccinated 35yr old "coming off a serious foot injury 6 months ago as well as catching Covid in December" Rafa Nadal winning the Aus Open in his trademark maximum effort style is all the empirical proof any idiot professional athlete has for not wanting to get the vaccine due to concerns about their health, right?

It's definitely evidence that athletes benefit from injections

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Darling etc are holding out for a different vaccine because they’re Joe Rogan level brain geniuses that know more about this than ATAGI do.

https://youtu.be/e2b973-12dI

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solemn Sloth posted:

Darling etc are holding out for a different vaccine because they’re Joe Rogan level brain geniuses that know more about this than ATAGI do.

https://youtu.be/e2b973-12dI

Are they specifically holding out for one that's not mRNA, because I know that's a thing that some dumb people are concerned with

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Chairchucker posted:

Are they specifically holding out for one that's not mRNA, because I know that's a thing that some dumb people are concerned with

They say that but it might also simply be because that's the type of vaccine that isn't possible to get at the present time.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Whilst there may be dumb/misinformed people waiting for non mRNA vaccines, or claiming that they want to know more about whats it it, or that they fear the side effects etc. They are the vast minority.

Most anti-vaxx sentiment is a bullshit political stance based on nothing scientific or analytic and more on a performative "I aint one of those left wing sheeple!" pose. gently caress em all.

Sorry for getting political in the footy thread.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Feb 2, 2022

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Yes, the vast majority of the "I just don't trust experimental gene therapy mRNA vaccines" crowd will somehow find something else about the new vaccines they don't like once they become available and that excuse dries up.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

cmndstab posted:

Yes, the vast majority of the "I just don't trust experimental gene therapy mRNA vaccines" crowd will somehow find something else about the new vaccines they don't like once they become available and that excuse dries up.

I think we’re all (fortunately) in agreement there.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/stkildafc/status/1489415771294171138

That loving sucks, he's a talented kid.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I like the look of the Crows tops, they're neat.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hell yeah Sarah Allen rules

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Carlton unlucky not to have put at least one through, so far. Brilliant chase down by Allen, and some good goal square defensive marks as well.

EDIT: apparently it's Sarah Allan, anyway the point stands

Chairchucker fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sarah Allan is dreamy