Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Oh it's cool, it's good to talk about all this. And I get that having someone call you two-faced and a fake bitch isn't immediately going to make you want to go after them and check on them, I just think that Victoria, Astrud and co. kinda set themselves up by talking about "sisterhood" so much and then not backing it up when the time came. IMO, if you're in a competition, gently caress sisterhood, you can go back to being sisters after you're done trying to take each other out. But if you're gonna call it a sisterhood, then you gotta act sisterly even when it feels uncomfortable.

I also agree that they really cast this season to be a full-on drama powderkeg. They needed some goofy queens like Meatball or Disasterina to balance it out.

E: gently caress, why didn't they just switch out Erika for Disasterina, I'm mad now

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I NEED Priscilla Chambers back on my screen, STAT. This season is severely lacking in filth.

Diasterina would have also been an excellent (and non dramatic, I don't remember her beefing with anyone?) choice for this season.

Edit: agreed with the rest of your comment re. Koco, the others, and the "sisterhood" stuff. I just try to be sensitive to folks and what they need when upset, as my partner is one of those folks who likes to be alone for a bit, even if just a few minutes, when upset (whether it be at me or at anything else..work, the news, etc). Meanwhile, I'm the opposite, I really like to be with a loved one when upset. We are on each other's wavelength now after 6+ years together and have found a great balance of "needing distance vs pushing away; needing company vs clinging" but the first year or so took some work and communication. :)

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 18, 2022

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Aw, I'm happy for you. I'm in the first year of a relationship where we're still figuring all that out, and it's always tricky to deal with, but we've gotten better at it over time. Cheers to not having to do all that while there are cameras rolling :)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Good lord, I'd be doomed if I tried to do ANYTHING with cameras rolling, ha.

gandlethorpe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4yyoT021fE

Yeah, I can understand the Sasha hype now. This season should be a treat.

Edit: my god, I can't even fathom her degree of bodily control

Don't overlook these, goddamn!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Read After Burning posted:

This season is exhausting and is kinda bumming me out, S2 may still be my favorite of 'em all.

I think s2 is my least favourite, ironically for a similar reason. It was exhausting watching james (and victoria, to a lesser extent) belittle and demean the other contestants, especially abhora and biqtch, all the way up to the finale. it didn’t really boil over to the same extent the drama on this season has, but it was an all-pervading miasma of toxicity that really coloured my enjoyment of the proceedings. the right monster won though.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I like the top four Canada vs the World got. No UK vs the World shenanigans, thank goodness; sad Icesis left earlier, but it was for mental health, so I get that. I'm rooting for Victoria or Rajah.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pan Dulce posted:

I like the top four Canada vs the World got. No UK vs the World shenanigans, thank goodness; sad Icesis left earlier, but it was for mental health, so I get that. I'm rooting for Victoria or Rajah.

Gosh, they're at the final 4 already? I though I had only missed 2 episodes, but maybe it's more? Did it end up getting good? The first few episodes were pretty dull.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Did it end up getting good?

Not really. It’s a pretty lackluster season.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Much like how I always send "Carpet Madness" from AbFab to my friend when I think of it, I post this when I come across it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOEK224NgI4

:dance::allears::dance:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

What are y'alls favorite RPDR alumni songs? Mine is probably "Yet Another Dig" by Bob and Alaska: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOntxHynSk

"Brujeria" and "Finish Her" by Aja are both real close seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9m_Ffxxxlc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=safM-tI6os0

MizuZero posted:

I think s2 is my least favourite, ironically for a similar reason. It was exhausting watching james (and victoria, to a lesser extent) belittle and demean the other contestants, especially abhora and biqtch, all the way up to the finale. it didn’t really boil over to the same extent the drama on this season has, but it was an all-pervading miasma of toxicity that really coloured my enjoyment of the proceedings. the right monster won though.

Fair! I guess I just saw S2 as more of "all the drama came to a head in the very first episode", whereas it's felt like it's always there on Titans. What was your favorite Dragula season: 1, 3, or 4?

Pan Dulce posted:

Give my girl Ra'jah a crown, now!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

What are y'alls favorite RPDR alumni songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqGJ7I75aTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4TB4UdDKBM

Edited to add the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i05rVRHc9yE

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 19, 2022

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I know it's deeply unfashionable to stan Willam but he and Bianca are my top two queens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Fair! I guess I just saw S2 as more of "all the drama came to a head in the very first episode", whereas it's felt like it's always there on Titans. What was your favorite Dragula season: 1, 3, or 4?

copout answer is resurrection, real answer is I love 1 and 3 because I love vander and landon but 4 is very close to a perfect season of television for me

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1604880810691420160

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

gently caress! YES! I've been begging for this for like five seasons now.

MizuZero posted:

copout answer is resurrection, real answer is I love 1 and 3 because I love vander and landon but 4 is very close to a perfect season of television for me

The ending of Resurrection still makes me tear up. :unsmith:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

What are y'alls favorite RPDR alumni songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9H3AMzbv4E

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

great titans finale but missed the last ep kiki and super underwhelming way to reveal the winner

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Dragula Final thoughts:

My ranking of the final three: Hoso, then Koco, with Victoria in last. This is based on who I thought hit all of the aspects of Dragula the best in their final performance. Victoria lacked Filth, and I thought Hoso's overall concept and staging was a winner.

I'm not mad at Victoria winning the show, especially if you consider overall track record between original season and Titans, but for me tonight's performance wouldn't win it if that was all I saw.

And yes, what an underwhelming winner reveal. All of that work, all these weeks, and that's what we get?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Nihonniboku posted:

<TS Madison tweet>

Oh gently caress yes if she gives us sentences even half as good as "She gave what she had supposed to had have been given" I'll be a happy camper. My friends and I are so obsessed with that sentence that we made an emote out of the face she made after she said it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/LooseyLaDuca/status/1603947630677135360

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Why does the Shudder app have a comments section for reality tv shows :gonk: That was one way to spoiler the winner.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Dugong posted:

Why does the Shudder app have a comments section for reality tv shows :gonk: That was one way to spoiler the winner.

in fairness, the winner of this season was pretty much spoiled in the first episode by the editors.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Zvahl posted:

in fairness, the winner of this season was pretty much spoiled in the first episode by the editors.

I missed this, what was it?

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

I missed this, what was it?

nothing in particular, just that the entire season was (imo pretty justifiably) gushing over her pretty much every episode, and even when she flopped, it was pretty glossed over.

this was the least surprising winner of one of these shows since Bob the Drag Queen, which was also a good and correct win

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Oh, gotcha! I misunderstood, I thought you meant they accidentally included footage of her winning in a montage or something.

I did not like this finale. :smith: The results themselves were fine, but...:wtf: at not having a floor show for each category. Seeing how each final contestant interprets horror, filth, and glamor is something I really look forward to!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Sounds like someone agrees
https://twitter.com/MaddyMorphosis/status/1605142915960930304

I still haven't watched Dragula, but everything I've seen of Koco Caine has me obsessed and tempted to start

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Obsessed with Koco’s floor show look. Aside from that, the best bit of the episode was the editors cutting off the “why I deserve to stay” speeches from Evah and Astrid in the recap.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Look of the season (first minute of the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORlDZtOsHGU&t=7s

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

This was the best moment of the season, no, I will NOT be taking questions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzDASuEEkXo

"Can we rule out that it was her HERSELF?! [dramatic point]" made me giggle to my lil' murder-mystery loving core.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
underwhelming floorshow, underwhelming reveal, underwhelming finale. Can't really complain too much given how entertaining the rest of the season was, but still.

Bring on season 5 and bring on the new monsters.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Can we talk about Koco's suit?

That's all. That suit rocked.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I think part of the reason I disliked the finale so much is that I really don't like the Boulets original music, ha.

Anyway:

Ironic Twist posted:

Bring on season 5 and bring on the new monsters.

:cheers:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
So i decided to give France season a shot.

I. Was. Not. Prepared.

It had so much heart, and Nikky was such a lovely, helpful host. Oh my goodness. It was sublime. I was so sad every time someone had to go home. They did not pull punches.

My fave of the season was Bertha.

Has anyone else seen it?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Pinwiz11 posted:

Can we talk about Koco's suit?

That's all. That suit rocked.

how good they looked in the suit probably significantly skewed my overall perception of the finale, everyone was sporting their finest alt gear all season so to come correct like that left me agape

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi

dino. posted:

So i decided to give France season a shot.

I. Was. Not. Prepared.

It had so much heart, and Nikky was such a lovely, helpful host. Oh my goodness. It was sublime. I was so sad every time someone had to go home. They did not pull punches.

My fave of the season was Bertha.

Has anyone else seen it?

Yeah France was pretty great. All of the queens were good, and I really liked Nicky as a host, even though she feels a bit young maybe? (I dunno how old she actually is)
Both seasons of España were also great.

Only version I've seen that was an absolute poo poo mess was Italy season 1. It was horrendous and I've not dared looked at season 2 because of that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I think part of the reason I disliked the finale so much is that I really don't like the Boulets original music, ha.

compared to the Change The Paradigm floor show in s4 it was pretty meh industrial plod

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Is there anyone that was shocked by the winner of Dragula: Titans? I mean, I know the winner Victoria had an actual set design, but her choreo for the song was very simple and required little movement and her costume was also quite simple comparatively. It was a dress you could buy at a vintage store and a teased up wig with some beauty makeup. Hoso literally made two outfits and did flips in their choreo while maintaining lip sync accuracy and Koco added a surprising amount of depth/sexiness with their amazing costume/lipsync choices (smacking the butt= iconic). I was stuck between one of them for the winner, giving it to Hoso for more wins throughout the competition.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Who is ready for Hurricane Bianca 3?

https://deadline.com/2022/12/bianca-del-rio-rupaul-drag-race-willam-belli-vanessa-vanjie-mateo-hurricane-bianca-movie-1235203365/

I'm happy because Derek Hartley (of the long-gone Derek and Romaine on Sirius, which they moved online after Sirius axed the channel) got another script produced.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Pan Dulce posted:

Is there anyone that was shocked by the winner of Dragula: Titans? I mean, I know the winner Victoria had an actual set design, but her choreo for the song was very simple and required little movement and her costume was also quite simple comparatively. It was a dress you could buy at a vintage store and a teased up wig with some beauty makeup. Hoso literally made two outfits and did flips in their choreo while maintaining lip sync accuracy and Koco added a surprising amount of depth/sexiness with their amazing costume/lipsync choices (smacking the butt= iconic). I was stuck between one of them for the winner, giving it to Hoso for more wins throughout the competition.

it's the latest in a long line of people winning the season who absolutely did not win the last episode, but that's been going on for a pretty long time with these shows

Koco was absolutely the best of the night, had the best look, and was the only one to make good use of the boys, for sure

Also thank you dragula for being the only show who will show any body hair on men at all in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty two, unlike the prude World of Wonder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm torn on the finale. I liked the podcast interview. I did not like combining all the finalists' performances into one floorshow. It's ironic that a lot of us expected the finale to be a more-or-less-earned coronation for Victoria, but the ending was just CONGRATULATION! A WINNER IS VICTORIA! Cut to credits, no blood drip. What the gently caress?

I thought Victoria's show had the best narrative, but HoSo and Koco did better looks and yeah, Koco made the best use of the dancers.

I think Season 2, the first one I watched, is still my favourite.