Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Does anyone know if, in the US, if we miss the broadcast airing, will it stream on Paramount + afterwards and if so, how long's the wait til it's on the app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pan Dulce posted:

Does anyone know if, in the US, if we miss the broadcast airing, will it stream on Paramount + afterwards and if so, how long's the wait til it's on the app?

Paramount + still doesn't have seasons 13, 14, or 15. They encourage you to rent or buy.

What I've done the last couple of seasons is go to VH1.com incognito, and create a account to watch for free for 24 hours. It looks like you can do the same for MTV.com

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Regarding reddit spoilers, they've been really wrong this season outside of elimination order. Silky was "supposed to" bomb in the standup challenge, Anita and Vanity were "supposed to" have a big fight, etc. etc.

There's always a little bit wrong because it's all a game of telephone through a really messy scene but I'm wondering if production isn't really giving out false information this time.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I forgot that I've been watching drag race via a UK friend screen sharing with me and it took me a minute to register that MTV is a new network for the US version. They've had the international distribution rights for a couple years now.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dragula:
I am so, SO over Victoria. we get it, you do prosthetics real good, whatever. Koco ran away with that drat challenge and Evah deserved to stay over Victoria.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
lmao

all the theatrics with the trap door, the rules shenanigans, the name calling, all of it was just a big smokescreen to troll Evah -

i live when this show is shady, maybe drag race will get trashier now that it's on mtv

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
S15 cast reveal in ~1.5h

https://twitter.com/RuPaulsDragRace/status/1602664642962235393

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppwvzOH1sJE

16 queens, good lord

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I was surprised a few of the queens didn't really know how to sell themselves and didn't really get me excited to see what they have to offer. I enjoyed Lucy LaDuca, Jax, and Marcia. Interesting that we're getting identical twins. Never had siblings on the show before, and we're going all the way to twins. Salina EsTitties was too much and I think she's going to be annoying on the show.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Only two Southern (I don't count Miami, FL, that's a whole different world) queens? Boooooo! :colbert:

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

The gently caress is going on in Connecticut???

Happy for another SF queen tho, hopefully she goes further than Rock M Sakura

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Salina was the only one who really made a lasting impression on me in the MtQ. She's extra as hell, which could be annoying to some, but I love Mo Heart and never had a problem with Laganja. Everyone else was kind of reserved, which doesn't necessarily represent how they'll be on the show, but they all seemed nice enough. Not a ton of stand-outs in terms of aesthetics, but that might be due to the promo theme. At the very least, they're all apparently cute out of drag, and there's more of them to look at this season.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I've heard mixed things about Irene from folks who are more in to the Seattle drag scene than I am but I'm always going to be at least interested in a local queen. Marcia Marcia Marcia, Robin Fierce, and Jax are the ones who I'm most interested in going in though. Salina's a lot but I also don't have too much of an issue with over the top queens, at least initially so we'll see how she plays out. The big queens also look pretty solid at least.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MARICA MARCIA MARCIA SZDFLKGVJSD;LFKGBJS;LDKFJG\

e: I love that name.

e2: Imaging making it to Drag Race, walking into the workroom, and seeing Sasha Colby. :rip:

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 14, 2022

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Hey all, I have tickets to the San Diego Jinx/DeLa holiday show Friday at 8pm but my wife caught Covid and I don't want to risk getting anyone else sick. I have an SA mart thread up here. I'm selling them for what I paid but I'll knock 40bux off for this thread. Event parking included.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The interplay between Marcia (x3) and Ru is going to be insufferable

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

e2: Imaging making it to Drag Race, walking into the workroom, and seeing Sasha Colby. :rip:

I saw someone on Twitter (or maybe Reddit?) say "That's like walking into an acting class and seeing Meryl Streep sitting there."

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The one i saw was "like letting beyonce compete on american idol"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The one i saw was "like letting beyonce compete on american idol"

Yup, I just saw Bosco tweeting that

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

this is an excellent top 3 for dragula, I was pretty sure I was over sadako homages but hoso made it capital-c oval office. still think victoria’s taking the crown but really it’s going to come down to the final floorshows, she could whiff the assignment yet again like she did on resurrection

got tickets for the world tour’s toronto stop as well :getin:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Koco may not win the season, but she wins for last night's Horror Icon choice. :perfect:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Koco may not win the season, but she wins for last night's Horror Icon choice. :perfect:

her tease had me and partner guessing and then when the Bros Theme music dropped a second time I was gagged

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

yeah I was expecting campirella but was instead served gagula

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4yyoT021fE

Yeah, I can understand the Sasha hype now. This season should be a treat.

As long as they don't spend too much time on the twins

Edit: my god, I can't even fathom her degree of bodily control

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 14, 2022

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
ack ack

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I can't blame Koco. Israel can shock me

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
16 queens for season 15? That feels like a lot and the last few seasons have felt like they have started to drag by the end of their runs.

Though I suppose this means they'll actually have to eliminate people during the season, so there's that

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Mike N Eich posted:

16 queens for season 15? That feels like a lot and the last few seasons have felt like they have started to drag by the end of their runs.

Though I suppose this means they'll actually have to eliminate people during the season, so there's that

they stick to the spoiled number of episodes pretty well in general, so since it's 16, count on 14 real eps, a reunion, and the finale, however they decide to pan out the eliminations

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Zvahl posted:

they stick to the spoiled number of episodes pretty well in general, so since it's 16, count on 14 real eps, a reunion, and the finale, however they decide to pan out the eliminations

hopefully they don't do a 5 queen finale again where they randomly eliminate 3

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Both twins going home same episode seems like the most obvious "twist" in the world, so I'm already calling it that they're gonna do that.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
the most obvious twist is one sending the other home two eps from the end tbh

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Do it like Survivor San Juan Del Sur and send one twin home first episode, and have the other win the whole season.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well the twins basically have to lipsync against each other that’s just the rules of reality television.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

angerbeet posted:

Well the twins basically have to lipsync against each other that’s just the rules of reality television.

Almost guaranteed to be a chantay you both stay

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Just saw Dragula and my goodness, Koco is CRAZY for trying that and pulling it off! I agreed completely with who they chose for final three and I kinda hope Dragula is like Project Runway in that everyone in the penultimate episode gets "the final runway" and presents in fashion week to throw the scent off for paparazzi (in this instance, that all of the final five go on tour). They're all great artists.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The twins will absolutely have synced choreography for their joint lipsync and it’ll be THE WORST

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
It would be great to never ever have to see a drag race acting challenge ever again.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Koco has been one of my favs this season, but this past episode had me all :wtf:. Just a genuine "Do..
Do you need to take a nap or something? What is this tantrum?"

If someone is screaming at me and telling me they can't stand being around me, then storms out of the room saying they don't even want to look at me right now...choosing to not run after them to continue the conversation is NOT two-faced. :confused:

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I think Koco explained herself perfectly in the last episode, right down to why she had to raise it to that level: because that was the only way she could be heard. Which is what happened in the episode before that--what Melissa was saying in the Cauldron about queens being two-faced and shady and disrespectful to production was what she had been constantly saying all season, and instead of ever changing their behavior or even taking accountability, all the other queens just doubled down and got defensive, and then started crying about sisterhood when they finally realized Melissa was shutting down.

It's a disappointing pattern you see in real life a lot, where a person of color has to keep saying "please don't do this" over and over again until they have to get loud to even feel like they have a chance at being listened to, upon which they're just dismissed as "aggressive" or "angry" by white people. I don't blame Melissa for acting that way one bit, especially when you consider all the stress she was going through back home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I'm definitely not blaming Melissa for lashing out about any two-faced behavior, real or otherwise. Her spouse (so presumably the love of her life) was like "Oh, by the way, I don't love you anymore", which I imagine feels like an ultimate betrayal...made even worse by the fact that it happend shortly before going on a reality/competition show. Being hyperfocused on whether people are being truthful/genuine (or two faced or liars, etc) with each other makes total sense in that regard!

Koco just seemed specifically pissed about the others not following Melissa after she ran off, which...again. Would that truly have helped the situation? Who else besides Koco would have felt welcome to run after her?

I think I'm just pissed that we finally got past the stupid love triangle poo poo and now people are still screaming at each other. :smith: There's been more screentime devoted to people being upset about various poo poo (whether justified or overdramatic) than there has been of like, the art? This season is exhausting and is kinda bumming me out, S2 may still be my favorite of 'em all.

(Sorry for all the words, I'm bored while I wait for my tea water to boil. :3:)