Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The first time I ever heard about Seagal being a twat was that he's apparently one of the very few people blackballed from SNL. A show which had Trump on it in the run up to the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cUNU8GkMso

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Suleman posted:

He's also always been a bully who verbally and physically abuses his co-stars. An ego-maniac who wants complete control over his roles and lines and is incredibly difficult to work with. Also sexually harasses women and has multiple rape allegations. Again, could have been a pro wrestler.

Now now, don't forget his mob ties. So also could have been a pro wrestler.

If folks are interested I recommend checking out the Seagal episode of Behind the Bastards featuring internet funnyman Seanbaby. He really is so much worse than one thinks and doesn't really ever stop getting worse.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Suleman posted:

In his prime, Steven Seagal was a very large dude, especially by Hollywood star standards, with intensity, charisma, a camera-friendly fighting style and legitimate. athletic ability.

He literally possessed none of those bolded traits lol.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Behind the Bastards on Segal is good.

He’s way worse than I imagined and I thought he was pretty bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He's a martial artist, so I'd recommend a Steven Seagal thread be made. If there's no movement on that front I'll make one in the next day or two.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

my mom liked steven seagal back in the day, I think moms and grandmas liking him is why he's still cranking out geezer teaser movies to this day where he sits in a chair the entire time delivering terrible lines and barely moving

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cavauro posted:

He's a martial artist, so I'd recommend a Steven Seagal thread be made. If there's no movement on that front I'll make one in the next day or two.

Make the thread, I want to explore the Steven Seagal Extended Cinematic Universe with other goons. Especially through the lease of fragile masculinity.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Orange Carlisle posted:

my mom liked steven seagal back in the day, I think moms and grandmas liking him is why he's still cranking out geezer teaser movies to this day where he sits in a chair the entire time delivering terrible lines and barely moving

under siege was fun, poo poo, under siege 2 was pretty fun, and he had that late 80's / early 90's martial artist mystique at least for a couple years, he was solidly in the JCVD tier

movies were a lot more shlocky and fun/weird back in that era

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please be respectful and hold your comments until the thread is made.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh man here’s a name I’d almost forgotten

https://twitter.com/bahufmw/status/1563131172300828673?s=21&t=rgf6UFTxO9W4H47Sgk-MKw

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So it goes, The Pelican.

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1576004474975318017

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

A bastard to be sure but that suplex he took from Vader was loving gnarly. RIP

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
well that's loving gigantic, rip

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
this WOR is gonna go on for loving ever

RIP

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hope Dave manages to finish this obituary. Because this one should be a hell of a read

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Hope Dave manages to finish this obituary. Because this one should be a hell of a read

Thank god he has a week to write it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo RIP to a legend

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not shocking given the brief appearances he's had over the last couple of years he's been in frail health but that's still big news.

The obituary is gonna be wild cause Inoki was crazy in ways that few others were (Hello Inoki Friendship Islands)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

PYF insane Inoki idea:

Wrestlers can fight for real and require no additional training

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Trying posted:

PYF insane Inoki idea:

I should run a show in North Korea

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Trying posted:

PYF insane Inoki idea:

I always liked when he went to Iraq to get some hostages released & ended up running a wrestling show in Baghdad

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope it’s revealed that the last thing Inoki was working on was bringing peace to Ukraine via wrestling show

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat :rip: to one of the greats.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

An absolute legend. One of the most influential people in the business ever, and a drat good wrestler.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

forkboy84 posted:

I always liked when he went to Iraq to get some hostages released & ended up converting to Islam

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1578120432791830528?t=VQL98v0AJJPnmoqnrOf-2w&s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

30 years old what the gently caress!?! :smith:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That's horrible. 3 kids too.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is legit loving me up because her last post on Instagram was a gym selfie like, a couple days ago. What the gently caress man, what the gently caress

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/241911

Katsuya Kitamura, former New Japan young lion dead at 36

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Goddamn. That's horrible. Far, far too early. drat shame. RIP Kitamura.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo.

gently caress, that's terrible.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Wait, Kitamura as in the swole vampire? Didn't he have to retire for health concerns a few years back?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hoss Corncave posted:

Wait, Kitamura as in the swole vampire? Didn't he have to retire for health concerns a few years back?

he apparently had a scooter/motorcycle? accident and was making a run towards mma as of last year

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sounds like it happened out of nowhere too which is crazy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh jeez that's awful. He was great when he was in NJPW and I kept hoping he would come back in some form.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat rip

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWI/status/1581285540799791105?t=RukEB8GUy4ODHwfqWPUX7w&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Daily Observer update reported that Humberto Garza Sr passed away