Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1583143346612342785

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oh god what a loving 2022 for kevin

edit: oh my god and today would have been hall's birthday

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 20, 2022

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress that sucks poo poo. Losing a son gently caress that noise

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
That’s truly awful. Can’t imagine a father losing a son at such a young age. It isn’t fair.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Not a wrestler, but Brian Muster, AEW's lead video engineer, passed away.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1063915/aew-lead-video-engineer-brian-muster-suddenly-passes-away/

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

poor nash. i remember his stories about losing his dad at a young age thanks to a heart issue. and now his son passes away way too young. heartbreaking.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Oh my God. :(

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

poor nash. i remember his stories about losing his dad at a young age thanks to a heart issue. and now his son passes away way too young. heartbreaking.

Today also would have been Scott Hall's 64th birthday. Nash is probably stewing in grief, poor guy.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

God drat :smith:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Jesus, losing his son & best friend in the span of a few months :smith: hope big dude is alright

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Nash’s new podcast has been an absolute joy to listen to, the way he talked about his son’s music was so endearing and supportive, he was a man who only cared that his child was happy because money wise they were set for life.

I am so sad for big Kev, hope to god he can stay strong but, how could anyone with this kind of tragedy?

Life is mean.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man what the gently caress

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's awful, it had sounded like their relationship was the best it had been in a while.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I cannot imagine the strength this must have taken. I cannot believe it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMA4beCxR8w

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

I cannot imagine the strength this must have taken. I cannot believe it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMA4beCxR8w

As a man who has had some rough nights due to grief there is no loving way I'm listening to that but it's as valid a way to work through poo poo as any

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I'll say I really liked that Kev opened up & talked rather than staying quiet or holding in the grief. Takes a lot of strength to do that but definitely could tell it was therapeutic for him, especially talking about the fun/good times. Goddamn it's still hard to believe.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

:( poor kev

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Photographer Bob Mulrenin has passed.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/IANdrewTheGiant/status/1604851387690524672

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Do MMA guys go in this thread too?

Stephan Bonnar has apparently died.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/lists/ufc-news-stephan-bonnar-dead-death-hall-of-fame-45

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Bonnar had lunch in TNA and spent a couple years in the indies too, so even if they weren't, he'd qualify.

Incredibly loving tragic.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dude saved the UFC.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/realmiketenay/status/1608890721138012166?s=46&t=Q8UjDsk_hDEj2EcwYHn2LA

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
He’s high-fiving God now :(

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aw man :(

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

coconono posted:

Dude saved the UFC.

absolutely. was never into ufc much and that fight blew my mind.

fuuuuuck. don got a lot of poo poo but the man always delivered in the enthusiasm department

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Don West was a great example of excitement from the commentators elevating the material. I found his love of TNA charming and he seemed like a good guy

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Heel Don West was the greatest thing I ever witnessed in TNA. Just absolutely making GBS threads on everything but he was 100% correct in all of his grievances and seemed to be having so much fun.

Huge bummer to read this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ah poo poo :negative:

When people say commentators are capable of getting you invested in the product at least as much as (if not more than) any story told in-ring or via angle can, Don is The example of that. His emotion made you emotional, and he made you believe anyone was really about to win

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

i also fell asleep many a night as a teen with don hawking baseball cards or beanie babies in the background.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Aw man, what a shame. I always loved his energy. Dude could just GO. It's really grounding when you think about the fact that someone that larger than life, intense, full of energy can be gone. RIP.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rip Don West, very very sad about this.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
RIP Don West. Was always good and fun on TNA.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Critical posted:

i also fell asleep many a night as a teen with don hawking baseball cards or beanie babies in the background.

This was also my first exposure to Don West. He started out pretty rough in TNA and it was easy to roll your eyes at him (like many things in TNA, especially early TNA), but his love for wrestling and his overall enjoyment soon caught up to that and he became a ton of fun. His run managing Amazing Red was also just bonkers. As much as a lot of WWE commentators' enthusiasm comes off as absolutely phony, I always believed Don West's excitement and enthusiasm were real.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
My man could sell piss to a drowning man, RIP you gotta be kidding me

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

ah poo poo :negative:

When people say commentators are capable of getting you invested in the product at least as much as (if not more than) any story told in-ring or via angle can, Don is The example of that. His emotion made you emotional, and he made you believe anyone was really about to win

His call of Jeff Hardy's dive off the set is almost as iconic to me as anything JR has done in that vein. His disbelief at the idea someone would do this was so genuine and elevated the whole thing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Critical posted:

the words i always associate with him are BE DIALING PEOPLE

bartok
May 10, 2006

The one TNA event I ever attended live they had Don West come out to warm up the crowd and to push TNA merch. The guy was so amazing at his job that I felt I owed it to him to buy a Chris Sabin shirt and to not be a lovely smark during the show.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

You've got to be kidding :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I agree with everything that has been already said but genuine enthusiasm and excitement for something can improve it so much. It's why listening to Tony Schiavone these days is a lot of fun, and why always listening to Don West was also fun.

It just sucks to hear that he's gone.