Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Since I'm back into TAR I'm going back and finally watching the season my friend who got me into the show always told me was his favourite, season 5. Man I forgot how quickly everyone started losing tempers in those early seasons, these days it seems like it's at least the 3rd leg before people really start losing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'm massively in favour of the removal of public transport meaning hopefully stripping out the taxi lottery, self driving is much more fun to watch since you get the terrible navigation and resulting arguments.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Golbez posted:

They kind of did - as I recall, their start time was after everyone else's?

Yeah, they started 15 minutes behind everyone else, which I think is usually roughly the time taken by a speed bump anyway.

And yeah, Akbar completely failing a road block after yelling at Sheri multiple times to speed up was loving delicious.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The hard 12 hour period always led to a bunch point and you’d end up with teams having hard time differences anyway. I prefer it being explicit instead of “oh we left at 2am and now the airport/bus station’s closed noooo”.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I got caught up from being 2 weeks behind and

Studio posted:

Lmao Lulu and Lala
Though to be fair I also gag when I’m trying to eat onion.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Editors having a loving whale of a time with that road block. I imagine whoever came up with that just leaning back at their desk when it first came to mind and cackling.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Arun has unexpectedly become the least likeable person still there. Dude gets told something’s coming up on the right and he freaks out about not getting clear directions.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ryan and Dusty very much are the team who carry themselves like winning the race is their divine right, and bring to mind a lot the Air Force team from Treasure Hunters. And I recognise that I might be the only person to think of anything from Treasure Hunters since it aired but hopefully they also end up having to watch while someone else takes the win right in front of them.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Watching the girls get frustrated with the final quiz and start changing stuff they were sure was right was painful. Always good to see The Watermelon again though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

No, the circumstances I think let them change mechanics for the better in my opinion. Removing the taxi lottery, focusing more of navigation and challenge performance instead of fumbling with foreign languages really made things a lot more fun to watch. I don't know that I'd keep the group departure system but chartered flights between destinations were cool since it meant none of the "oh no we all left super late at night/early morning and the airport isn't open yet" bunch points. The race felt less artificial really.