Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the preview for next week shows that they had to stop the race so I assume the break will happen between episodes 2 and 3 (or 3 and 4 if you counted the first week as two episodes) since it looked like they were all at the mat

I like most of the teams so far! Even the team I thought I would hate (the youtubers) brings a fun dork energy.

Also lmao at two of the teams just getting completely in their own heads at the mail rail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Studio posted:

"For future reference, this says The Amazing Race. This is a clue."
:lmao:

I agree with liking the teams. The worst interaction was probably between Akbar and Sheri, and Akbar at least acknowledged this. I've seen enough Amazing Race to recognize when a player is being lovely without being aware of it, and showing remorse in a post-game interview gives me hope :pray:.

I'm curious if the Episode 1 and 2 tasks are being affected by Covid. Like there definitely seemed to be a huge discrepancy in how complicated the tasks were. "Shoot some darts" and "Walk around Britain a bit" versus the more traditional and complicated detours.

My prediction for the teams that don't come back are Ray and Caro, since they broke up, and Connie and Dave since Connie was... 7 months pregnant when filming resumed?.

First one doesn't shock me at all, they even had Caro giving a confessional by herself on a bench at some point after they had their fight in the car which I don't remember being a thing I've seen before so it must have been pretty bad after the leg. I really enjoyed Connie and Dave's energy though so that one bums me out. Hopefully they can come back on a different season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anthony and Spencer being out is a big bummer :smith:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Studio posted:

the worst part is they're fairly likeable on the show.

yeah I was fully ready for them to be my villain of the season but their energy is infectious and they just seem like really nice people

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Studio posted:

I think a lot of teams are just doing the one thing you shouldn't do, which is freak out over a relatively minor obstacle that if you spend like, a few seconds adjusting to is totally fine.

which imo is cool and good, and they should keep doing

I can totally understand the stress of being in the race causing this kind of freakout.

Also I've never driven stick but I can absolutely understand the suddenness of the stick being on the other side just completely breaking your ability to drive it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Studio posted:

We've done it, by god. We've found the worst team in amazing race history.

Francesca, Michael, and Moe should form a polycule imo

lmao I love it

also dear god why is Sherri doing another height challenge

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That really was the perfect way for Sheri and Akbar to get eliminated. As soon as I saw how long he had to hike to get up the mountain I knew they were screwed.

I don't think I have any active dislike for any of the remaining teams which feels like a rarity for this show, especially with this many teams left.

Looking ahead (I know this is just speculation but I'm still gonna spoiler it) Survivor starts on March 9th which means there's possibly four episodes left? If they do a three team final that means either there's two non-elimination legs in those four episodes or the finale is split between two weeks. Not sure how much precedent there is for either of those two options

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 4, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Arun and Natalia are fun to watch yeah. I honestly have no idea what the point of that episode even was, either. They didn't go anywhere new and nothing really happened.

e: nice discord spoiler tags btw :v:

e2: vvv not as far as I know I'm just commenting on Studio using the discord double bars in his post to try and spoiler something instead of the forum spoiler tags vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 13, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I usually watch thursday/friday on their website because I'm watching dynamite when it's live so I also don't livepost

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That episode was a hell of a trip for the only real change being a 4/5 swap

also (next week preview) there's no way next week is an elimination leg with what that rock challenge looks to be, right? That means two more episodes after Survivor starts, has CBS released schedules for that?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Studio posted:

No? Survivor starts the 9th right? So next week is the non-elim, Then I believe it's Leg 10 and 11 on March 2nd, starting at 8 PM

Since the first episode had 2 legs (and technically 2 episodes??), despite being on the 8th airing, that was leg 9, and the series should end before Survivor.

Which is important, I need to root against the woman who obviously is going to Stanford

I had the wrong date in my head for survivor, if next week is non-elim then that sets up perfectly for a double episode on march 2nd (which is when I thought Survivor 42 started) with one elim in the first hour and then the final three in the second

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Arun just had an absolute and complete meltdown lmao.

He actually reminds me a lot of my current boss (same nationality/accent) and they share so many mannerisms it just makes me laugh because I absolutely know the minefield Natalie is constantly dodging.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good last episode and good winners imo. And considering what it took to even put that together, a pretty satisfying season overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

jng2058 posted:

Well there was that ad at the end of the finale encouraging people to apply to be on the next season, so there are definitely plans to do another one. Dunno if we'll see it before sometime in 2023, though.

If they haven't even starting filming it yet I can't imagine it's coming before 2023