Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the most powerful?
Nakajima
Kenoh
Mutoh
Marufuji
Hayata
Go
Kenoh's hairdresser
View Results

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

For fucks sake

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Mutoh can keep his belt if he can run more than step

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hoping for a car crash to wash the taste of that last match out

e: Nakajima is a goddamn monster with those kicks

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 16, 2022

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

he just punted him holy poo poo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kitamiya is a lunatic agreeing to take some of these shots

e: Not as good as the Go defence a fortnight ago, but still real great. I love NOAH violence

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pleasantly surprised there were no shoot headbutts in that match.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Kaz Fujita coming out in jeans

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fujeansta

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

these guys are going to hit each other so hard

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Katsu/Kaz should be another brutal display of two men hitting each other as hard as they can :sickos:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Noah remain such a fascinating combination of one of the best promotions in the world with some of the most deliberately frustrating booking to ever be proposed.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I think Seiki Yoshioka fits into my "Lil Uglyman" category along with Daniel Garcia.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Coming up: Kenoh vs Funaki for the National Title. https://twitter.com/W_UNIVERSE2020/status/1482925083631173632?t=luG3gxAQevDTqKIA2puXlQ&s=19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That'd be sweet, I remember digging their match at the Budokan last year. Funaki is a top tier murder grandpa

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kaz Fujita says gently caress your safety

https://mobile.twitter.com/noahglobal/status/1483717430338023424

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
After watching Nak/Kitamiya, I think Nakajima has a selling problem--plenty of opponents have worked on his leg, but he just continues to kick them. Okay I guess your knees are made of steel but it kind of makes his opponents dumb for trying and failing. I do like him a lot but it's something I've been noticing a lot, he just stops selling the leg whenever it's convenient. (Kenoh has a similar issue but I have a lower opinion on his wrestling ability anyway).

I also felt the last few minutes of the match was slow and dull... I think I like the hair vs hair cage match better.

Has the Vertical Spike always been his finisher? Him holding up the opponent for a while seems like he's struggling instead of showcasing his strength.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Definitely a fair criticism of Nakajima, I personally forget any issues I might have whenever he throws a kick because it always sounds so great.

The vertical spike is an odd finisher for him, he should either transition to the northern lights bomb or make his crazy punt a match winner

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

quote:

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/8:30am GMT/3:30am EST/12:30am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Higher Ground 2022 Night 1
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
Haoh vs Nioh
Funky Express (King Tany & Mohammed Yone) vs Los Perros Del Mal de Japon (Kotaro Suzuki & NOSAWA Rongai
HAYATA vs YO-HEY
Daisuke Harada, Go Shiozaki & Junta Miyawaki vs Kongo (Aleja, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Manabu Soya)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Atsushi Kotoge & Hajime Ohara vs Stinger (Seiki Yoshioka & Yuya Susumu)
M's Alliance (Masato Tanaka & Naomichi Marufuji) vs Sugiuragun (Kazushi Sakuraba & Takashi Sugiura)
GHC National Title: Kenoh(c) vs Masakatsu Funaki

Roughly 90 minutes until this starts and the card looks rad. Hoping Haoh and Nioh have as good chemistry as opponents as they did as teammates, YO-HEY is HAYATA's best opponent, we get another Katsu/Go confrontation, Ohara and Yoshioka have some drat solid teammates for the titles, and Kenoh/Funaki should loving rock. If you have a chance before the show starts, check out their last match at Back to Budokan in February, or Funaki's N-1 semi's match with Nakajima so se him slap the poo poo out of a punk

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Haoh's still weating Kongoh pants, he can't let go so easily

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

starting off hard, I see

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Right, switched to NOAH. Kind of annoying that the NOAH and DDT shows are both airing at the same time.... they're owned by the same company! :argh:

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I can feel these slaps

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

King of Slaps

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Nioh's chest is hamburger

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Haoh is a little marvel. Those dropkicks are incredible.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

lol fuckin spiked him

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

both men looking like victims of a vampire attack

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

STOP THAT

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That match was awesome, really got the sense their friendship has completely deteriorated

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus Christ the coloration on his chest and neck :stonk:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Kickout, slap, kickout, slap. Jeez, these guys shredded each other.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tadasuke what are you doing!?!?!

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

that was really great YEAH KICK HIS rear end TADASUKE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TADASUKE

He wasn't on the last show when this poo poo went down so he's making up for lost time

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Tadasuke, you dirtbag!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

You hate to see it, Nioh and Haoh were the most stable part of the division back when they went betrayal crazy

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I could go for a Harada / Haoh vs Tadasuke / Nioh tag match. Yes please.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Time for the best theme on the worst guy.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Time for the best theme on the worst guy.

and now time for the best theme on the best guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Most of PdMdJ can get out, but Yo-Hey is my boy and I want only the best for him