Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the most powerful?
Nakajima
Kenoh
Mutoh
Marufuji
Hayata
Go
Kenoh's hairdresser
View Results

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DDT is in intermission at the moment, but once the NOAH show is done I highly recommend jumping in and watching at least the Jun Akiyama/Honda tag match, it was a ton of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

drat that should have been it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big Boys running into each other, hell yeah

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'd dig a Soya singles push, maybe once Kenoh drops the National belt

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yoshioka rules, hope he gets the belt here.

Ohara also rules, but less so

e: ending was abrupt, but I really enjoyed that

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 22, 2022

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Noah watchers are missing DDT's ring being completely hosed and having to be taken apart live

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine posted:

Noah watchers are missing DDT's ring being completely hosed and having to be taken apart live

Oh poo poo, just switched streams from the two old guys beating the poo poo out of each other to see the ref jogging around on it making sure it doesn't fall apart.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

Barring more WU stream mishaps i'll be watching it either tonight or tomorrow after All Japan

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Poor Sakuraba

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Funaki is gonna cave this young man's face in.

Kenoh is gonna cave this old man's chest in.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Here comes a pissy boy :neckbeard:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Funaki got kicks, Kenoh is unamused

e:

Holy poo poo!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

.....wha.......?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I.....

WHAT!?!?!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I expected it to be quick, but not 5 minutes quick. Jesus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Why the gently caress would you take the belt off Kenoh so quickly? What the gently caress?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh nevermind, I forgot that Funaki is in his 50s and this is NOAH :negative:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Is...is he asking to join Kongoh?

e: They lost a rad junior and picked up a double hard old bastard

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is..... not at all what I was expecting.....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1484840864467804160?cxt=HHwWgICzqca5m5spAAAA

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okay that's a loving solid Kongoh pose. Aleja and Soya swapping sides, and Tadasuke shifting left to make room for Funaki

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I... did not like that. I know that part of the fun with Kenoh is seeing him eat poo poo but getting choked out on his 4th defense (one of which was a draw) by a 50+ year old who then decides to join his beaten opponent's faction is just loving weird.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Are we sure Noah isn't a wwe show? They keep having their main guys lose to way past their prime old guys.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
My first NOAH show was the 1st January show so I didn't quite get the "lol olds" thing and loved the very angry man murdering a child to death.

Now... now I understand

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH's booking continues to be absolutely baffling, but I keep watching because their house style is my favourite in all of wrestling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NOAH's booking continues to be absolutely baffling, but I keep watching because I am in love with Nakajima

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
NOAH's booking continues to be absolutely baffling, and I love it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The booking is annoying & the short-termism when they have so many cool younger guys is a worry but I don't really mind Funaki winning (in isolation. Still watching the Sendai show from the 16th atm) because he's pretty cool. Sugi's run was fun and obviously Funaki isn't quite Sugiura levels of cool and good but in theory Kenoh doesn't need a long run with it. Maybe it's a chance for him & Soya to make a run at the Tag belts?

No loving clue why they'd add him to Kongo though, not exactly a like for like replacement for Haoh.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Based on Nakajima's reactions I think the reason was to add fuel to his eventual breakup with Kenoh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Based on Nakajima's reactions I think the reason was to add fuel to his eventual breakup with Kenoh

If Nakajima's reasoning is that Kenoh was loving stupid to let Funaki come into the group, then at least we know who the babyface is going to be.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I enjoyed the Funaki angle because unlike Kenoh, I think Funaki is cool and good (and his match layouts have just served to augment his strengths and hide any weaknesses), but holy poo poo that Kongoh swerve lol

Excited for Go's singles match series though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

I enjoyed the Funaki angle because unlike Kenoh, I think Funaki is cool and good

Them's fighting words darn you!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

forkboy84 posted:

Them's fighting words darn you!

Kenoh's great when he's eating poo poo because of his hubris, I respect that. But he's not even my favorite kickboy in NOAH (nor is it Nakajima)!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lily Catts posted:

Kenoh's great when he's eating poo poo because of his hubris, I respect that. But he's not even my favorite kickboy in NOAH (nor is it Nakajima)!

Are you a fellow Yoshioka enjoyer? Or an Okada early adopter?

NOAH has a bunch of great kickboys

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Mainly posting this for Fujita's horrible goblin face on the poster

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1485900302326894597

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Nak out with a fever.

https://twitter.com/noahglobal/status/1486259257486249984

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Saw Haoh's new gear on twitter from tonight's show. Not a fan. He just looks off in trunks, could have at least done bike shorts like Yoshioka used to

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

Are you a fellow Yoshioka enjoyer? Or an Okada early adopter?

NOAH has a bunch of great kickboys

Yoshioka is my favorite NOAH kickboy! Okada's fine too, hope he moves up the card soon.

Not a big fan of the Go/Sugi match. If you're gonna book a wrestler in a singles gauntlet to build up his credibility (not that Go needs it, but it's a NOAH pride thing), why book him to get choked out by his first opponent??

Anyway, I've been watching KENTA/Marufuji matches in the 00s. They're all great, and junior heavyweight Maru kind of looks like Kota Ibushi's big brother if I squint. What's a blind spot for me is Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Taiji Ishimori. I've seen the legendary Marufuji/Ibushi vs KENTA/Ishimori tag, but other than that I barely know any matches from the two in their NOAH heyday. Anyone have any recs?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

What I like a about Haoh vs Nioh is it's real good but there's plenty gas left in the tank. Looking forward to the rematch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Made time to watch the Korakuen Higher Ground show. Funaki coming out with Kongo for their 6 man seems a little surlier & that makes me happy.

Still got 2 matches to go but Kaito vs Kotaro is well worth watching if you haven't seen this, and the 8 man Tag with partners on opposite sides is also good fun. Stinger LPdMdJ less so.