Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Facial Expressions Of The Year: Toni Storm gets tattooed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Promo of the Year Contender: Christian Cage doxxes Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite 2/21

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

Promo of the Year Contender: Christian Cage doxxes Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite 2/21

2nd and comeback of the year - "Come down to the ring, and I'll put you in the ground right next to him." - Daniel Garcia's response to Christian Cage's doxxing of his dead daddy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pylons posted:

Shard posted:

2nd and comeback of the year - "Come down to the ring, and I'll put you in the ground right next to him." - Daniel Garcia's response to Christian Cage's doxxing of his dead daddy

Yeah this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fan Response of the Year:

Don Callis: Sammy Guevara, I haven't forgotten about you, you little cuck.
Fan: THAT'S NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY!

AEW Dynamite 2/21

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Worst Show of the Year: NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo 2/23
An unbelievably cursed show, the best match (and it was very good!) was between two non-New Japan wrestlers in Mayu Iwatani and Mina Shirakawa. The main event was "okay" but just added some more confusion to some baffling decisions from earlier shows, and the 1-2-3 punch of SHO beating El Desperado for the title by countout, EVIL beating future big-time star Shota Umino to retain the NEVER Openweight Title after Tama Tonga had asked Shota to defeat him as a parting gift for him and Matt loving Riddle beating Hiroshi Tanahashi for the TV title in less than 10 minutes was a killer for my motivation to keep watching.

When Okada announced he was leaving, I thought New Japan would be okay because they have a lot of great talent, including some incredible young guys, but a show like this makes me legit question what the gently caress the promotion might be up to in the future. Hopefully just an aberration, the Fantasticamania tour itself from earlier in the month was a ton of fun.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sure am glad I'm at work and get to skip massive chunks of the vod

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

POTYC: Soft spoken somber Sting - AEW Dynamite 2/21

I am so hyped for the tag match because of this promo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Worst Show of the Year: NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo 2/23
An unbelievably cursed show, the best match (and it was very good!) was between two non-New Japan wrestlers in Mayu Iwatani and Mina Shirakawa. The main event was "okay" but just added some more confusion to some baffling decisions from earlier shows, and the 1-2-3 punch of SHO beating El Desperado for the title by countout, EVIL beating future big-time star Shota Umino to retain the NEVER Openweight Title after Tama Tonga had asked Shota to defeat him as a parting gift for him and Matt loving Riddle beating Hiroshi Tanahashi for the TV title in less than 10 minutes was a killer for my motivation to keep watching.

When Okada announced he was leaving, I thought New Japan would be okay because they have a lot of great talent, including some incredible young guys, but a show like this makes me legit question what the gently caress the promotion might be up to in the future. Hopefully just an aberration, the Fantasticamania tour itself from earlier in the month was a ton of fun.

President Tana, save us. Fire Gedo & Jado.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

President Tana, save us. Fire Gedo & Jado.

Ah yes, Tanahashi, forced into jobbing to Matt Riddle, too bad he can't appeal to the president of the company to overrule Gedo on that.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Honoable Mention for Best Entrance: GoD bring back the Sex Music for Tama's last match - New Beginning in Sapporo Feb 24th

Tama in the face paint and doing the wacky arms to Guerilla Tactics brought me right back to 2014, it was fantastic

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

Honoable Mention for Best Entrance: GoD bring back the Sex Music for Tama's last match - New Beginning in Sapporo Feb 24th

Tama in the face paint and doing the wacky arms to Guerilla Tactics brought me right back to 2014, it was fantastic

Is Tama retiring?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shard posted:

Is Tama retiring?

Leaving New Japan, future uncertain

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

2nd, love that music.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Best Janken
https://twitter.com/thenunclub/status/1761211989697978522

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

Thirded!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Best Retirement of All Time: Sting wraps up a near 40-year-career - AEW Revolution 3/3
An absolutely incredible night and a beautiful capstone to a remarkable career that ended with several sustained years of long overdue recognition that he is one of the all-time greats of Professional Wrestling. Goodbye, Sting :unsmith:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seconded

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

🦂

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

We are so lucky that Sting and Muta got incredible retirements back to back and got to be involved with each other in them.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

From a live show by MYPW (Malaysian Pro Wrestling) comes one of the funniest chants I've heard.

Context: In the main event Falls Count Anywhere Match between Carlo "Cash Money" Cannon vs Andruew "The Statement" Tang. After pulling out a table about 5 minutes into the match, and brawling all over the arena with lots of big moves and sometimes some weapons including steel chairs, the crowd starts chanting...

Chant of the Year: "....please use table! Please use table! Please use table!"

(Just wanted to share this and talk a little of the South East Asia scene, it's some good stuff, can attest for MYPW in Malaysia and Grapplemax in Singapore at least)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Best Showcase of a New Signing of the Year: The Elite (Kazuchika Okada, Matthew Jackson & Nicholas Jackson) vs. Adrian Alanis, Jon Cruz & Liam Gray - AEW Collision 3/9

Okada tagged in immediately before the others could do anything at all, and proceeded to let each of the three opponents hit him with their best shots before effortlessly demolishing each in turn, and it was a fantastic way to showcase the "elite" level he is on as well as what an arrogant rear end in a top hat he can be. I think Lil' Kazu's gonna be okaaaaay. It's gonna be allllllllllllllllllllllllright :)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Coolest move that didn't finish the match: - Yota Tsuji hits a double jump twisting curb stomp on Jeff Cobb, NJPW March 10th

That beefy man flew like a great muscly bird, it was beautiful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Coolest move that didn't finish the match: - Yota Tsuji hits a double jump twisting curb stomp on Jeff Cobb, NJPW March 10th

That beefy man flew like a great muscly bird, it was beautiful

Coolest move that didn't finish the match: - Jeff Cobb hits a beautiful spear on Yota Tsuji to inflict both physical but also spiritual damage considering it is Tsuji's finisher - New Japan Cup 3/10

That beefy man sped through the air like a great muscly arrow, it was beautiful

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Coolest move that didn't finish the match: - Jeff Cobb hits a beautiful spear on Yota Tsuji to inflict both physical but also spiritual damage considering it is Tsuji's finisher - New Japan Cup 3/10

That beefy man sped through the air like a great muscly arrow, it was beautiful

That's my monster

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

Best Showcase of a New Signing of the Year: The Elite (Kazuchika Okada, Matthew Jackson & Nicholas Jackson) vs. Adrian Alanis, Jon Cruz & Liam Gray - AEW Collision 3/9

Okada tagged in immediately before the others could do anything at all, and proceeded to let each of the three opponents hit him with their best shots before effortlessly demolishing each in turn, and it was a fantastic way to showcase the "elite" level he is on as well as what an arrogant rear end in a top hat he can be. I think Lil' Kazu's gonna be okaaaaay. It's gonna be allllllllllllllllllllllllright :)

thought this was just great. the promo after was great too

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

POTYC: Will Ospreay IS THE FEELING - AEW Dynamite: Big Bu$iness 3/13

BRUV

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Dango Bango posted:

BRUV

For people who question that guy's promo ability, there you go. Best complete wrestler today

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

BRUV

it reminded me of Mox's best promos where he rallied you and you were ready to follow him into hell.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dango Bango posted:

BRUV

Bruv

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Dango Bango posted:

BRUV

Bruv.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

BRUV

nth bruv

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bully of the Year: Okada demanding Alex Marvez wish Matthew Jackson Happy Birthday, Marvez does, and Okada stops him and insists,"No. SING Happy Birthday :twisted:" - AEW Dynamite 3/13

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Close but no cigar - Tsubasa Suzuki at DDT Judgement March 17th

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1769231891386036340

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
AEW Dynamite (March 20th)

POTYC: "His shoes were too small for me, bruv."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dQBznYxdtE

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Nominating for Crowd Sing-Along of the Year:

Toronto serenades Adam Copeland with their rendition of Metalingus, AEW Dynamite, 20 March.

https://x.com/tde_gif/status/1770626175955595461?s=61&t=SXzMzAn7XtIqOcn-wjlD1w

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ShadowedFlames posted:

Nominating for Crowd Sing-Along of the Year:

Toronto serenades Adam Copeland with their rendition of Metalingus, AEW Dynamite, 20 March.

https://x.com/tde_gif/status/1770626175955595461?s=61&t=SXzMzAn7XtIqOcn-wjlD1w

nth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Video Package of the Year contender:

https://x.com/ringofhonor/status/1773491760510996967?s=20

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

that's so so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Interview of the year: toni storm learns about the #1 contender’s match, aew collision 3/30/24