Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Booth Of The Year Candidate: Excalibur, Taz, Jericho and Regal, first match of AEW Rampage, June 17.

Rarely will you hear four great talkers who love what they're watching this much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Contract Negotiation of the Year: Super Sasadango Machine had to weigh in below 110kg to get to chose the rules of his Extreme Title challenge, but weighed in at 119. But luckily, when he signed his contract, he wrote in at the same time they would be weighing his action figure instead, and it was over 108kg below the weight limit! - DDT Nevermind 12/29

Nth, especially as his powerpoint featured a PDSA cycle.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

NutShellBill posted:

Could have planted some intrigue with how Cole used Strong to get at Jericho, or brought up how Kyle O'Reilly is a distant memory now that Cole can't use him anymore.

Kyle is out injured. It would be profoundly weird to bring him up unless he was about to return.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

POTYC: Toni Storm going Full Hollywood Widow Weird, AEW Collision, August 19th 2023.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1693070870900535689?t=XEVWo6b72jXPXyMaS_k6XQ&s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Nth, very much appreciate Lexi's "I have been taken hostage please save me" energy in these segments

It's also the correct choice from Billie to be "hahaha what the gently caress?" and for Athena to have no idea how to cope with someone she doesn't really intimidate.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Rap of the Year Candidate: Shane Haste, AEW Collision, 30/09

Slapped, jack

Nth, they even did the Tomko bit.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Not to be flippant but it sounds a bit like you're criticising what they're doing because it doesn't fit with what you imagine the story might be.

You're right that what they've done so far doesn't fit with a story of Cole masterminding the whole thing but that means that's not the story they're telling, not that they're bad at telling stories.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Bonk posted:

I'm not putting any stake into what I thought they might be doing. It's more that if there's literally nothing more to it, then it's just a series of wacky sketches, and now they're wearing thin because they have to pad it out.

I think they're going somewhere with it, I just don't think it's the place you think they're going.

To me it feels like they're going to expand the theme of Cole being torn between his emotionally manipulative friend and his new best friend, that he increasingly lets MJF down, and then this builds to a head with Cole being forced by circumstance to choose. Roddy vs MJF with Cole as special guest referee would be a fun direction to take it, and would still allow you the options of:

• Cole is brainwashed enough by Roddy to betray MJF (not in a "it was me all the time" sense but in a "he was right about you" sense)
  • MJF is sick enough of Cole that he beats him up, ending their friendship and turning heel
  • Brochachos stick together but then the Kingdom and Roddy attack them

Any of these would fit with what they've built so far.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress off of the Just loving gently caress Off With This loving Godawful Bullshit of the Year: Ren Narita joins House of Torture - NJPW World Tag League 12/7

If Gedo were a chef he'd get all the way to the end of a delicate and painstaking recipe then drop trou and take a poo poo on the plate.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Commentary of the year: Bryan Danielson having to sound like he thinks Eddie Kingston is a bum and a no hoper when he is clearly welling up with how happy he is for his friend.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Camera Effect Of The Year: Toni Storm talking to Deonna Purrazzo with half the screen in black and white, AEW Dynamite, January 24th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Facial Expressions Of The Year: Toni Storm gets tattooed.