Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
lmao this game looks absolutely horrific, and i love it

guess i need to figure out a VPN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
If you’re on PC in US you can just install and play, you’d need vpn to see it on the App Store though.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

what do you think guys hair up or down?

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Hair down all the way.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Kaysette posted:

If you’re on PC in US you can just install and play, you’d need vpn to see it on the App Store though.

oh nice. thanks!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

i bought a white condor egg and sat on it so i could fly into space

higher and higher

the whole weird ball

chillin on an asteroid

made a friend

found a moon(?) and you can put your house on the moon

there are lots of other moons too

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What even is this game?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What even is this game?

The best answer I can give you is 'Yes'

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here is a video primer for new players

Please put in op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiWLMKwhVUc

DrZepam
Mar 15, 2021
did this thread had too much honking traffic on their servers that they closed RoniLand for maintenance ?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

DrZepam posted:

did this thread had too much honking traffic on their servers that they closed RoniLand for maintenance ?

From their discord:

quote:

Dear travelers,

Due to a bug fix, we need to shut down the server 107 (RoniLand) from 16:20 to 17:30 on January 11. Therefore, we kindly ask for you to make the necessary preparations and log off before this time to avoid any unnecessary losses. Specific server re-opening time may be earlier or later than announced based on actual conditions.

Thank you for your kind support and understanding! <@&859770597302337537>

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Game is like a fever dream. Complete madness.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Game has no right to be this fun or good

Maybe it's me having not played any mmos for a few months now talking, but I'm having a blast with how weird it is.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
i spent like an hour creating a character last night. i laughed so hard at all the options - some of them are absolutely terrifying and magical.

is there a specific server everyone is playing on? i picked a random one just to try it out and play around with the character creator. i don't think this game will hold my attention long (ughhh lost ark can't come soon enough!), but it sure is wonderful when high af :lmao:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Pragmatica posted:

i spent like an hour creating a character last night. i laughed so hard at all the options - some of them are absolutely terrifying and magical.

is there a specific server everyone is playing on? i picked a random one just to try it out and play around with the character creator. i don't think this game will hold my attention long (ughhh lost ark can't come soon enough!), but it sure is wonderful when high af :lmao:

There is no US server but we saw other -> roniland and assumed it was america and started there.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

At level 30 you can do home protection where you let invaders attack your house once a day and you defend it with friends.

You can build cannons as well so you can literally play tower defense.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Can your cannons eat the attackers though?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Third World Reagan posted:

At level 30 you can do home protection where you let invaders attack your house once a day and you defend it with friends.

You can build cannons as well so you can literally play tower defense.

I did this and the enemy totem spawned inside my building. Is it cause my house didn't have a ceiling?

Halt!
Oct 11, 2008

this game appears to be one big "what the gently caress" simulator and that very much appeals to me

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Like I was randomly walking around the world and found a rocket, which I proceeded to fill up and enter, at which point I took that multistage rocket I had created to the stars. Space has low gravity, so your double jumps take you pretty far.

Did they need to do that? No, but I'm glad they did. There's even scenic views to discover in space so like.....not like you aren't supposed to be there. In space.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Friday Deimos posted:

this game appears to be one big "what the gently caress" simulator and that very much appeals to me

:hmmyes:

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I feel silly even asking questions about this silly game, but it is entertaining, so whatever!
Does anyone know what you're supposed to do with the small critters that pop up here and there? You can Pat them and then Capture them, but capture never seems to do anything? Trying to soft ball them with a weak weapon is difficult too they die super easy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You can go to one of the racial towns and pick up bounties.

Some times the bounty is kill x number of small critters.

Also some times you can do small amounts of damage with a weapon or a broken weapon and capture them. They become companions or mounts depending on what you got.

I have never gotten press F to capture to work.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Goodchild posted:

I feel silly even asking questions about this silly game, but it is entertaining, so whatever!
Does anyone know what you're supposed to do with the small critters that pop up here and there? You can Pat them and then Capture them, but capture never seems to do anything? Trying to soft ball them with a weak weapon is difficult too they die super easy.

I captured one by using a poo poo tier starter weapon then the capture xbow, never got F to work either. If you pet them until the emotes pop up you get a buff :3:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
If you swing when selecting an empty hotbar slot you punch. It's generally the weakest option you have, and it makes it a lot easier to capture the little dudes.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kaysette posted:

i bought a white condor egg and sat on it so i could fly into space

higher and higher

Well I guess I have to download this now

DrZepam
Mar 15, 2021
Maybe I'm wrong, it is really wierd for a game made for live opérations in 2022 to not shove purchase popups,subscriptions, FOMO based battle passes, paid timer bypasses and so on left and right at you.

I think they are still in what we call a soft-launch.

I'm having a hilarious amount of fun for free and I'm thinking why they are not restricting me, don't they like money ?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

here's my kitten alt with all minimum sliders.

his entire arms are behind him and are wrapped up by his horrible tail.

i am smaller than all my weapons

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 12, 2022

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

This morning I died and died again because a forest fire sweeped to my house and camped there for a few minutes. I also yeeted myself into the sky running into a tornado. Do not gently caress with environmental effects, they're not just SFX in the distance.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

DrZepam posted:

Maybe I'm wrong, it is really wierd for a game made for live opérations in 2022 to not shove purchase popups,subscriptions, FOMO based battle passes, paid timer bypasses and so on left and right at you.

I think they are still in what we call a soft-launch.

I'm having a hilarious amount of fun for free and I'm thinking why they are not restricting me, don't they like money ?

There is a stamina system in the game. 100 stamina every 10 minutes. You can store 10,000 stamina.

Logging is like 4 per swing.
A totem is like 300.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
drat this thing is OBSCURE
Also I'm getting like 1500 ms ping from Europe
edit: more like 15000

Char fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 13, 2022

Leika
Jul 15, 2021

Should those Promocodes still work? Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if they just expired

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Leika posted:

Should those Promocodes still work? Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if they just expired

The sites I got them from haven't updated to say they're expired, but an event just started so it's possible.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

They didn’t work for me recently.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

They expired on the 7th.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I made a squid man with the biggest squid-head I could, you can't see his body and can barely see his arms and legs. Then I ran around, shot the first thing I found with a crossbow till I ran out of bolts and then stabbed it to death.

Then I logged out and haven't logged in since and don't know if I will ever again tbh

10/10 experience though, would recommend.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
This game is weirdly intriguing. I'm having fun but there's a lot to learn, so I have a barrage of questions if anyone cares to answer them.

What's the best way to heal yourself early game?

e: doing some googling, guess I should just keep banging out the main quest til I can make beds/elixirs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykDPmsZNPwo

Is getting a permanent pet egg instead of a temporary pet a random chance or is there more to it?

How do I feed temporary pets to my mounts? (just hit a tutorial for this in the main quest)

I have a lantern but I can't seem to actually attack anything with it, how do lanterns work?

Is there a key I can press to re-activate the mouse cursor? I've been pressing escape to get my cursor to show to click on something but for building home devices this is closing the menu, so I can't figure out how to deploy the device in build mode because I can't get the cursor to appear to click on the device menu.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jan 21, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Sleep in a bed, random chance, tilde key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
New server just opened, "113 GreenGully." Anyone moving over? Trying to get a sense of where the English speaking community is going, I guess there's people in the official discord and redditors to consider?

This game is so weird. I spent hours gathering mats to unlock the wheelchair "vehicle" and...your character just walks behind it and pushes it. Other people can sit it in and you can do a backflip while holding it. That seems to be it.

I spent another hour or so flying my Condor up to a moon after reading about it here. Put my base up there so I could teleport back and fly all the way down which let me easily explore some other areas. Central Mount is all hosed up, and every time I try to go into South Mount I get told I'm doing something illegal and the police are coming for me. A level 60 npc spawned and killed me when I tried to mine a rock over there.

e: dropping here in Southmount if anyone wants to be around another EN person. Seems like a decent area, pine for resin, cherry trees that drop cane

e:

Spent all day working on this house

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jan 24, 2022