Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

This game really is too cool, I’m going to have to figure out how to bypass the iOS region block to play it on mobile too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

greetings

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

How do I get a pet? I keep capturing tiny creatures I find in natural resources but then they just disappear :(

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 28, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Keep doing the tutorial main quest and it’ll give you a special trapping xbow to catch animals and teach you how to use it.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Kaysette posted:

Keep doing the tutorial main quest and it’ll give you a special trapping xbow to catch animals and teach you how to use it.

ah so that's how you get the mustard crossbow it keeps telling me about - it took me awhile to realize the main quest progresses by clicking the little reward in the left corner but now i kinda get it. also is there any reason not to constantly just teleport back to the main city to sit in a hot bath and regen?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This is a good game. Yes I had my polar bear eat a dozen defenseless red pandas til it stole ones face. Been playing it for a couple of weeks though and have unfortunately discovered that they're handling a server being full by... making a new server. This is pretty awful as far as getting friends to try play together goes because it's pretty much impossible for anyone to join a server as a new player once it becomes 'busy'

Two giant monsters got stuck on the buildings in my front yard and are now just sitting there filling up my place with giant monster poop. Which is good because it's valuable stuff.

My main ride.

A high level neighbor of mine gave me a ride on her terrifying dragon squid horse

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 22, 2022

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
This game reminds me of an old PlayStation game I can’t remember the name of that would give you different monster breeds if you put different game cds into the machine.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Ort posted:

This game reminds me of an old PlayStation game I can’t remember the name of that would give you different monster breeds if you put different game cds into the machine.

Sounds like Monster Rancher which got a rerelease on Steam in December. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716120/Monster_Rancher_1__2_DX/

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

you can edit your beasts proportions now

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

good lord

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Good news everyone

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/chimeraland-launching-globally-on-pc-and-mobile-july-15th-2000125439

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

thank god

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

drat I might start playing again on a US server. This game is bonkers.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
global servers are up, though i can't login to any because of some error lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i tried to make mothman, but woman
i am on the twilight server

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Very tempted to do this again

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Things you need to know to play together.

The server you are on.
The location you skydropped at.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I went twilightvalley and westmont.
they should rename this game funny animal land, because there are many funny animal friends in it

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So, what's space like? Are there multiple planets? What's there to do up there?

The fact that this game has that sort of absurd expandability is insane.

DrZepam
Mar 15, 2021

Archonex posted:

So, what's space like? Are there multiple planets? What's there to do up there?

The fact that this game has that sort of absurd expandability is insane.

iirc from the SEA softlaunch version, you can build your house on the moon, oh and god is out there too.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

DrZepam posted:

iirc from the SEA softlaunch version, you can build your house on the moon, oh and god is out there too.

Can I eat and assimilate god too? And if so does it give you any absurd powers?

I want to go full Evangelion on this fucker. :unsmigghh:

The talk of wildfires being able to happen and spread and tornados ripping locales to shreds is incredible for a MMO in this day and age. Like, if you can trigger those things then holy poo poo this may be my new favorite game. Reactive worlds are my thing.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jul 15, 2022

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

For what ever reason, I am having mouse sensitivity issues on this global release.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
This game sounded interesting until I saw the Korean porcelain doll they have on the advertising so now I think I know exactly what this game is.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Frog Act posted:

greetings

Wait no I was wrong.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There is no way you could know what kind of game this is by anything you see

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Third World Reagan posted:

There is no way you could know what kind of game this is by anything you see

I was wrong

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

everyone needs to at least play with the character creator in this game

it is worth it

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Rexicon1 posted:

This game sounded interesting until I saw the Korean porcelain doll they have on the advertising so now I think I know exactly what this game is.

:wink:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I gotta say, I've been having a great time with this game the past few days, I like how quickly it onboards you to the fun mechanics like mount mutation and house building. I'm especially enamored with the housing!

at first I set up by a pond near where I crash landed, felt like a pretty charming spot even though I didn't have enough block allocations to finish it up at first

after some exploration, I decided to pull up my orb and venture across the nearby desert,

... to a new spot I had scouted, in the bough of a huge tree overlooking a waterfall and mountainside!

definitely looks like a place a bee would live, to me

I still have a lot of work to do but I think it's coming along nicely. I have a birdman neighbor on a nearby branch whose a bit upset I built so close to him but them's the breaks

pretty satisfying for a weekend of playtime

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I have played this for a bit and watched a few streams. I've played alot of bad games, good games, and wonderful kickstarter gems. I qualify that to say that what I experienced playing this game and viewing it has unabashedly been the most weird gaming experience of my life.

For some reason this game suffers none of the mechanic/netcode related bugs that every other game of the sort has - but is at the same time certainly held together with duct tape. It's like a Schrödinger's greenlight... like a magic engineer wizard just waved their hand and cast a patronus/luck charm on it.

I am left questioning so many things.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

hi this is my new pet, she is very tall

i made a clan in twilight valley, i am mostly a solo gamer but if you want a clan so you can use the clan shop or whatever~~

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
cool pet! I'm pretty established on phoenix bay sadly or I'd join up

the other day I hatched a moonfish mount, when I summoned it on land it just flopped around like crazy. continued flopping around when I mounted it until I managed to bounce us into some water which was fun. water pets don't look like they have any of the mutation mechanics of land stuff (yet?), but I did manage to catch a lionfish

also spent half an hour flying my horse into space, hurray

here's a picture from the global discord of someone's house they built on one of the giant skeletons which naturally inhabit the celestial regions. sadly I didn't have the horsepower required to visit myself

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

This game feels made up. Like it’s just a second life shard you guys are pretending is a Singapore game.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't understand what you mean, its a very normal game

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
been leveling up housing and added so many garish rooms that my neighbor got mad and moved :grovertoot:

sorry about my dinosaurs proboscis I don't know how to move it

*edit* forgot that I also built my first vehicle, the sail boat. it really zips! as you can see by this point I have mastered the use of the in game camera function

I was going to visit one of the other continents but I guess you need to buy a travel permit and I'm pretty low on cowries, maybe in a couple days

YES bread fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 22, 2022

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
please enjoy this screenshot of a stingray taking a poo poo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

this game is good for screen shots

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

monster factory found out about chimeraland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2A7Jza-zWY

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kaysette posted:

monster factory found out about chimeraland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2A7Jza-zWY

lol, this is how I found out about Chimeraland. Now I have a level 40 character that I made after my dog

I'm mostly just having fun exploring, looking at people's houses, and leveling up my home so I can build a really tall and cool looking tower that will turn into a really cool looking ruin for people to discover and explore in the future when I've stopped playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I found Uncleberry's house!