Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Switchblade vs Alex Shelley at Sacrifice

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1496183013041786882

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:aaaaa: Welcome back, Alex Shelly!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't the only reason he stopped appearing because his day job is as a nurse and he didn't want to risk Covid?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't the only reason he stopped appearing because his day job is as a nurse and he didn't want to risk Covid?

Yeah, which makes sense. Then he started doing indies after a while.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Line-up for tonight. The Cardona / Grace in-ring dynamic has been really good - whoever came up with the DMC as a vehicle for delivering intergender bangers is a-ok with me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I feel like Eddie's motivations aren't really some huge mystery since he used to be in ROH.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To be honest I don't fully grasp Honor No More's "motivation." I mean they're invading heels and they were all in ROH. That's simple enough. But like they're not representing ROH. They're not trying to instill ROH values. They're just kind of around being pains in the rear end.

I'm probably just not that into them and their makeup. Like a heel stable probably doesn't need much more motivation beyond causing trouble, getting wins, and chasing titles. But it just has a weird lack of identity to me. Like how do PCO and Kenny King fit together? I dunno. Eddie doesn't really excite me either but maybe his personal motivation can give the group a little more of a mission statement?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Tonight had big “we have to build for an event in two weeks” energy.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Impact definitely with some chaotic energy lately, but that's what's running specials so close to each other gets you. I don't expect tonight to be any different tbh.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

When did Crazzzy Steve turn into one of the girls from Yellowjackets

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
D'Lo is done in the booth, per reports.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

D'Lo is done in the booth, per reports.

Bummer, D'Lo seemed to immediately relax when Tall Tom took over, shame we didn't get more of that duo.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Their show at WrestleCon has the best possible name for a one-off event in 2022, and a pretty interesting match to boot:

https://mobile.twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1499585302171639813

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Michael Elgin's suing the company for "at least" $5mil

Among other things his claims include:
D'Amore told him he wasn't under investigation by them, and later reiterated that the decision to not book him anymore wasn't based on an investigation
Despite not booking him anymore he was still being paid for the rest of his deal, which just recently expired
They canceled a booking he accepted at NOAH for December 2020

They have 9 days to respond (PWInsider says they were served Feb 11 and given 30 days)

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

They canceled a booking he accepted at NOAH for December 2020

THANK-YOU-IM-PACT

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Now I'm imagining Elgin joining M's Alliance and being the baby of the group despite being 35.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sacrifice is tonight!

Youtube preshow at 7:30PM Eastern:
Gisele Shaw vs Lady Frost
Team Impact (Rich Swann and Willie Mack) vs Honor No More (Matt Taven and Mike Bennett)

Impact+/Youtube (Ultimate Insiders) main card at 8PM Eastern:
JONAH vs PCO
Eddie Edwards vs Rhino
Switchblade Jay White vs Alex Shelley
ROH women's champ and AAA Reina de Reinas champ Deonna Purrazzo issues an open challenge with one of her titles on the line (opponent chooses which one)
Trey Miguel defends the X title against Jake Something
Good Bros (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson) defend the tag titles against Violent By Design (Deaner and Joe Doering)
The Iinspiration (Cassie Lee and Jessie McKay) defend the Knockouts tag titles against The Influence (Madison Rayne and Tenille Dashwood)
Mickie James defends the Knockouts title against Tasha Steelz
Moose defends the world title against Heath

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH women's champ and AAA Reina de Reinas champ Deonna Purrazzo issues an open challenge with one of her titles on the line (opponent chooses which one)
Taya won the #1 contender match at AAA Rey de Reyes, so if it's not her, expect a ROH defense.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/Myers_Wrestling/status/1499798538846412809?s=20&t=nG22bBetcUf4DUamvAUQwQ

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Holy poo poo Jake Something rules

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Josh Alexander re-signed! :neckbeard:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Not only was the show great, but the way they brought Alexander back and his promo afterwards beautifully revived the angle.

Moose vs Alexander at Rebellion for the belt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sacrifice developments:

Steve Maclin betrayed Team Impact
The Influence (Tenille Dashwood and Madison Rayne) are new Knockouts tag champs
Tasha Steelz is new Knockouts champ
Violent By Design (Eric Young and Joe Doering) are new tag champs
Josh Alexander extends his deal for multiple years, Rebellion's main event is him challenging Moose for the belt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Fightful, Sacrifice was Jake Something's last obligation on his deal and he's a free agent now

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

Per Fightful, Sacrifice was Jake Something's last obligation on his deal and he's a free agent now

He went out on a high note, the match with Trey was fantastic.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
As much as Jake Something is pretty good, I don’t think he’s worth re-signing. They just got Speedball, who (should he survive Minoru Suzuki) is going to be a big deal.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah that was easily worth the $5 I paid on YouTube. A bunch of fine to great wrestling and some neat angles going forward (goddamn it, I want to know whose side Kaleb is on! That was a great ambiguous finish)

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1500318595108196360

Also shout out to Heath for putting in a fantastic performance in that main.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I really like JONAH's entrance.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

J-Ro posted:

He went out on a high note, the match with Trey was fantastic.

Trey has the best chemistry with big dudes who can pinball him around. His defense against Maclin was great too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

Anthony Carelli aka Santino Marella is doing commentary for BTI - Before the Impact at tonight's Impact Wrestling TV taping in Louisville, Kentucky, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Carelli did commentary during the Sacrifice PPV main event of Heath Miller vs. Moose last night.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Morbid thought - what do they do with Masha Slamovich now? It's clear they were building her up to be a top babyface, but now.....

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chelsea Green re-hurt her wrist
https://twitter.com/ImChelseaGreen/status/1500346133377343490

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eddie Edwards extended https://www.si.com/wrestling/2022/03/09/impact-eddie-edwards-contract-heel-turn

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Eddie rocks and I'm happy for him.

It's Thursday so here's all the announced stuff for tonight so far. I hope it's just an hour of Josh tapping out jobbers in celebration of his return and then the remaining segments.
Edit: lmao, adding the .jpg would help.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That was not a good choice of mouthguard for that promo pic, Josh.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

That was not a good choice of mouthguard for that promo pic, Josh.

I want to like Alexander but literally every time I watch him all I can think of is how silly his gear looks

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Fallah Bahh has left Impact Wrestling, which kind of sucks since he’s a good guy, but unsurprising since he hasn’t been used in a long time.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

The Bullet Club x MCMG match and the Champ Champ triple threat should be real good; I know I glanced at the taping spoilers but I don't remember if the Alexander x Taven match ends in shenanigans or not, but I'm assuming it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So I guess Taya Valkyrie winning #1 contender to the Reina de Reinas is more "guaranteed title shot on the next big AAA show" rather than actual #1 contendership, or else they'd probably want to respect that in the working relationship.

I'd expect Deonna to drop the ROH title first though, unless Tony Khan's going to hire her to be in ROH.