Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, yeah, Supercard of Honor is coming up really soon.

e: Apparently Purrazzo is doing Multiverse of Matches at the same time. Disregard!

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

The BeyBlade / MCMG match was fantastic.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
TK should hire Purrazzo tho

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gaz-L posted:

TK should hire Purrazzo tho

That's why Impact Wrestling hired Steve Maclin - they're engaged.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Gisele Shaw is... not very good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Multiverse of Matches card great so far

Alex Shelley vs Speedball Mike Bailey
Josh Alexander and JONAH vs Moose and PCO
Eddie Edwards vs Tomohiro Ishii
Chris Sabin vs Switchblade Jay White
Good Bros vs Briscoes
Deonna Purrazzo issues an open challenge for either her ROH women's title or her AAA Reina de Reinas title
Trey Miguel defends the X title in Ultimate X against Chris Bey, Vincent, Rich Swann, Willie Mack and Jordynne Grace

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I just found out it’s going to be on Fite, so that’s a buy.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

Good Bros vs Briscoes
Deonna Purrazzo issues an open challenge for either her ROH women's title or her AAA Reina de Reinas title
Trey Miguel defends the X title in Ultimate X against Chris Bey, Vincent, Rich Swann, Willie Mack and Jordynne Grace

what a wild fuckin' card

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Would've liked to see Speedball in the X match since they've been building to him in the division, but the Shelley match should still be really good.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

sticklefifer posted:

Would've liked to see Speedball in the X match since they've been building to him in the division, but the Shelley match should still be really good.

I'm really happy Shelley is doing Impact dates again, he's so good. And yeah, match is gonna kick rear end and Bailey possibly getting a win could set him on a title match trajectory.

First batch of Philly tapings tonight, and it seems people had fun?! Wild, I know.

https://twitter.com/DanielSpencer/status/1506262950985748490

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I'm mad I missed out on these, I was going to do the second half but I had no energy after work. That triple threat looks dope as hell.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The ending segment last week was really unintentionally funny because Moose isn't a great actor. It was supposed to be this big threatening gesture toward Josh's family, but instead it just came off as a coworker showing up with a legit request to have his wife drop off some paperwork.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Good Bros vs Briscoes

Just added: Chelsea Green and Matt Cardona vs Mickie James and Nick Aldis

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
This Nick Aldis guy looks familiar....

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I guess this should be posted here.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1507417032718835713

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1507162851609247766?s=20&t=GyyJkz6-2d67G2TugA_6SA

gently caress yeah I'm hyped for big lads doing big lad things

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Something that occurs to me: Willow and Mercedes are fighting for the interim ROH title in Garland. on the same night Deonna is maybe defending the ROH title in Dallas. They're about 30 minutes apart. So depending on card position, either the new contender could show up on the Impact show, or the champ could show up after the title match on ROH.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Lol for 'no reason whatsoever' Impact just posted a clip of Chris Rock at one of the early NWA TNA shows on their YouTube

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Line-up for tonight's episode:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I've just now realized that the most recent set of tapings MIGHT have spoiled the women's match at Supercard of Honor on Friday.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

*lips touch microphone* "Chump Chump Challenge"

Edward Mass posted:

I've just now realized that the most recent set of tapings MIGHT have spoiled the women's match at Supercard of Honor on Friday.

Can you explain how? Either in general terms or in spoiler tags?

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 31, 2022

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Lamuella posted:

*lips touch microphone* "Chump Chump Challenge"

Can you explain how? Either in general terms or in spoiler tags?

One of the women involved in the Interim ROH Women's World Championship appears on Impact in a capacity, and that's all I'll say.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

OK. Will keep my distance from spoilers then.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ace Austin re-signed for at least two years

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'd say Ace Austin is going to be the man to take the World title from Josh Alexander, but I have no idea when that would be and hope it's not until 2023.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Deonna Purrazzo defends the Reina de Reinas title against Taya Valkyrie at Rebellion

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Taya's out of jail :neckbeard:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Full segment from Destiny Wrestling with Moose attacking Alexander's family:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Sk1iPBDqg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Card for Rebellion (Apr 23) so far:

Moose defends the world title against Josh Alexander
Trey Miguel defends the X title in a triple threat against Ace Austin and Speedball Mike Bailey
Deonna Purrazzo defends the Reina de Reinas title against Taya Valkyrie
Tasha Steelz defends the Knockouts title against Rosemary
Eddie Edwards vs Jonathan Gresham
JONAH vs Tomohiro Ishii

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

Last night after the PPV went off the air, The Briscoes noted they weren't happy with losing to The Good Brothers and will be back. Impact Wrestling fully intends to bring Jay and Mark Briscoe back and would like to use them as regulars if possible.

Impact is also intending to use Taya Valkyrie regularly going forward. There is no word yet if that means her husband, John Hennigan, will also be coming in.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Signing the Briscoes would be a good get for their tag division, and it doesn't look like they've got any other notable suitors.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think it's safe to assume we'll see Johnny Impact return, since he and Taya seem to always try to get hired as a package deal. He'd be a really interesting addition to the top of the card.

Briscoes would also really heat up the tag scene, but it'd suck if they weren't going to stick around in the ROH relaunch - if anyone can be considered ROH lifers, it's them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also really weird for Tony Khan to basically say 'yeah, the Briscoes basically drew half the house and a ton of PPV buys' and not want to keep them around? But the post-match angle sure as poo poo made it seem like that's the idea.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gaz-L posted:

It's also really weird for Tony Khan to basically say 'yeah, the Briscoes basically drew half the house and a ton of PPV buys' and not want to keep them around? But the post-match angle sure as poo poo made it seem like that's the idea.

There’s only room for ONE bad Tweeter in AEW.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

This goes for more than just the Briscoes, but with the way independent contracts work, it's probably not because TK didn't want them. They most likely already signed deals elsewhere in that grey period after ROH announced it was shutting down and Sinclair paid out the rest of their contracts, but they still had a standing booking for Supercard. TK buying it came later, so anyone who had already split would just have the one PPV date and then go fulfill their contracts in whatever fed they landed in.

Had the negotiations been public before Sinclair released everyone in December, TK would've been able to simply buy out the whole roster's contracts too. Instead we're seeing people dispersed into Impact, GCW, AAA, and wherever else. Most of those places don't preclude them from doing dates for AEW/ROH here and there, but it wouldn't be definite until things fall into place more.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 4, 2022

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
From what I've read, TK would hire The Briscoes in a heartbeat, but Warner are fully aware of their past tweets and don't want the PR headache so have stopped the signing happening.

That's why The Briscoes recently tweeted about regretting their past comments and how they don't believe what they once said. It seems it wasn't enough for Warner though, but time will tell.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pitwar posted:

From what I've read, TK would hire The Briscoes in a heartbeat, but Warner are fully aware of their past tweets and don't want the PR headache so have stopped the signing happening.

That's why The Briscoes recently tweeted about regretting their past comments and how they don't believe what they once said. It seems it wasn't enough for Warner though, but time will tell.

Counterpoint, nearly a decade of PWG commentary from Excalibur, Scorpio Sky's past tweets, probably plenty others.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

forkboy84 posted:

Counterpoint, nearly a decade of PWG commentary from Excalibur, Scorpio Sky's past tweets, probably plenty others.

But those guys don't look like hillbillies, or something equally dumb.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

In an update, Fightful Select reports that a person of influence at WarnerMedia did not want Mark Briscoe and Jay Briscoe signed to AEW, due to Jay’s homophobic tweets from 2013. Jay ended up apologizing for those tweets shortly after he made them, at a ROH show.

FWIW people outside of Warner have been saying the Briscoes changed https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/03/top-independent-pro-wrestling-drag-queen-comments-on-viral-photo-with-the-briscoes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

I think there is a legitimate difference between using slurs and threatening violence based on that kind of hatred.