Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Wins the Super Bowl?
The Bills
Buccs
The Cowboys, but gently caress 'em
The Eagles somehow
Bill Belichek and then he's dragged to Hell
Out of nowhere with the folding chair, the Jets!
Some stupid clown team nobody thought would make it
The Chiefs again but this time nobody cares
The Titans (goodbye Vrabel's dick)
The Bengals because lol really?
View Results

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The first impossible thing that had to happen for both of these teams to get into the playoffs was a Jaguars win over the Coltz. Whelp, looks like that happened!

Thanks to all you TFF'ers. I haven't been able to yell stupid stuff at a TV with my father for like two years and GDT shitposting is a pretty good substitute. You're all pretty good people. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Steelers get in the playoffs win a non-tie

Please god conspire for a tie

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

The first impossible thing that had to happen for both of these teams to get into the playoffs was a Jaguars win over the Coltz. Whelp, looks like that happened!

Thanks to all you TFF'ers. I haven't been able to yell stupid stuff at a TV with my father for like two years and GDT shitposting is a pretty good substitute. You're all pretty good people. :cheers:

:hai:

gently caress the Cowboys, friend.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Bengals

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cavauro posted:

The Bengals

:frogon:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm watching the game with my dad so this will be my only post.

Let's Go Bolts

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

:hai:

gently caress the Cowboys, friend.

gently caress the Cowboys indeed! :hfive:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Let's Go Bolts

I'm happy for you. :unsmith:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Can we take another moment to laugh at the Colts?

:laffo:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Let's Go Bolts

A true TFFer would give us vicarious Dad Posts! But have fun!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Still think the champ could end up being the Cardinals.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How do they arrange the tie with plausible deniability.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I want a really hard fought, high scoring game that still ends in a draw because it would be the funniest outcome.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They just found Bob Saget dead. Must have been a Rams fan.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

KNEEL IT OUT

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Chargers go up by three scores, then Charger and the Raiders come back for the tie but then drop dead. I wouldn't question it at all even if they totally planned it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Do the tie, cowards!

gently caress plausible deniability, start each quarter by snapping the ball and then putting it down and both teams walking off the field, only having someone come back to "recover" the "fumble" 15 minutes later. Rub the NFL's noses in why you schedule games that can affect each other to be played simultaneously.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I dunno but it's gonna happen because I thought of betting on it but was too lazy to do it.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm banking on no tie because it seems like the NFL would DQ both teams if they actually play out a tie unless they can definitively prove no collusion, since the Steelers would be the team getting screwed over.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

"If you wont score against me I wont score against you. Try hard but never score. Find a way to throw."

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'ma drink this tonight and have some jalapeño poppers.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the score is going to be 38 to 20

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lol: the SNF crew mentioned the possibility of this game being a tie.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I have never wanted a tie more in my life

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I feel like I should note that this was a surprisingly fun day of games before SNF even if most of them didn't matter a whole hell of a lot (obligatory :lol: Colts, also sorry Saints).

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Take turns getting TDs on every drive to end with a 100 to 100 tie - 3 field goals per team, as a treat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts gave you both a gift! You better tie!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Manoueverable posted:

I'm banking on no tie because it seems like the NFL would DQ both teams if they actually play out a tie unless they can definitively prove no collusion, since the Steelers would be the team getting screwed over.

Aside from both teams wanting to knock the other out, it would have to be insanely blatant for the NFL to even acknowledge it. There have been numerous cases over the years where a team rests their starters in the final game and makes no real effort to win the game, thereby allowing some other team to sneak into the playoffs. It happened last year with the Eagles pulling everyone against Washington, allowing WFT to get in over the Giants. I remember in 2009 the Bengals pulled everyone in the final game and let the Jets get in (In part cause they knew they’d play them in the Wild Card). It’s happened a number of other times.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Qwijib0 posted:

I have never wanted a tie more in my life

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Cavauro posted:

the score is going to be 38 to 20

Close! 20-38.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Sunday Niiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhttttt

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

I despise this loving song

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
im already out of breath

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
the bengets will win the super bowl

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

fartknocker posted:

Aside from both teams wanting to knock the other out, it would have to be insanely blatant for the NFL to even acknowledge it. There have been numerous cases over the years where a team rests their starters in the final game and makes no real effort to win the game, thereby allowing some other team to sneak into the playoffs. It happened last year with the Eagles pulling everyone against Washington, allowing WFT to get in over the Giants. I remember in 2009 the Bengals pulled everyone in the final game and let the Jets get in (In part cause they knew they’d play them in the Wild Card). It’s happened a number of other times.

idk i feel like resting starters/giving second or third stringers reps in a game that has no playoff/seeding implications for your team one way or another is categorically different from an intentional draw

it would be funny though and the NFL deserves it. they won't do it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
On one hand a Chargers win means the Pats play the Bengals, which would be fun to see.

On the other hand I'd like to see the Raiders win to see Bosa eat his words on David Carr.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

NFL would fine the coaches and allow the tie to stand robbing Ben of his swan song and then they’d just change the rules for ties next season and it would by far be the funniest option

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Prisoner’s Dilemma the Game

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Let's go.

Adbot