Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

sweet thursday posted:

Can't believe the Chargers blew it

i can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

sweet thursday posted:

It's the least surprising part

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

sweet thursday posted:

lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Full clip of the Carr quote got posted and context changes it.

https://twitter.com/danny_heifetz/status/1480413599118024712?s=21

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
As a native San Diegan

LMAO

suck my dick bitches

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Holy poo poo it's somehow worse than I thought.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1480416613983653890

Check the time (spoiler it was fifteen minutes ago and there is absolutely not a game ongoing)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1480416613983653890

Check the time (spoiler it was fifteen minutes ago and there is absolutely not a game ongoing)

Lmao they meant am not pm since this was sent in central time but didn’t notice they hosed it up

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

This is one of those moments where the river of time has bifurcated and we may never know what we would have happened had the Raiders kneeled. As when Trump won the 2016 election, our universe has slipped into a new timeline, and we are only left to ponder what could have been

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

thalweg posted:

This is one of those moments where the river of time has bifurcated and we may never know what we would have happened had the Raiders kneeled. As when Trump won the 2016 election, our universe has slipped into a new timeline, and we are only left to ponder what could have been

This timeline leads to Trump winning in 2024. The lack of a tie tonight has doomed us all.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
When Chris Webber is trending you may have taken a bad timeout

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/PFF_DLee/status/1480424031648055299?t=39azjoXI1bDleTrGFHcRNQ&s=19

He's not wrong, although I like Kyzir and Nas

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The only reason anyone is reacting to the Stanley timeout (which was taken with less than 40 seconds left and 4 seconds left on the playclock) is because collinsworth was surprised

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

the jump Nas made from last year to this year is nuts

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Staley's Rams defense was good with junk linebackers last year so idk if they even offer Kyzir much or let him walk

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

a neat cape posted:

the jump Nas made from last year to this year is nuts

The Satan lap dance video was really good ngl

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1480413195768586240?t=wt7Gppvx4XAUG9jTpbGKgw&s=19

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Every Primetime game should be AFCW

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
We were shocked by the timeout and couldn't hear collinsworth. It didn't seem to benefit SD at all in a situation where they wanted to run out the clock. I mean, stopping the clock in a situation where you want it to run out is just bad and dumb.

The Raiders were probably hoping to get into better FG range and kick one as time expired no matter what. I mean, why wouldn't they. But the time out allowed them to change their play and gain another 7 yards or so.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Waltzing Along posted:

We were shocked by the timeout and couldn't hear collinsworth. It didn't seem to benefit SD at all in a situation where they wanted to run out the clock. I mean, stopping the clock in a situation where you want it to run out is just bad and dumb.

The Raiders were probably hoping to get into better FG range and kick one as time expired no matter what. I mean, why wouldn't they. But the time out allowed them to change their play and gain another 7 yards or so.
the chargers are really bad at defense though so there's a pretty good chance the raiders just score a td on that 3rd down instead

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

god damnit

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
The Colts are probably very happy that all of a sudden no one is talking about them

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I am despondent over missing SNF. Can't even imagine what is was like to see that live. Going to quit my job, abandon my family, and kill my dog to make sure nothing distracts me from seeing every second of Chargers football for the rest of my time on earth.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
if you're a chargers fan, you're an idiot. They skipped town to try to save you from yourself just like when step dad went to the sheetz for some smokes.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Asproigerosis posted:

if you're a chargers fan, you're an idiot. They skipped town to try to save you from yourself just like when step dad went to the sheetz for some smokes.

I am not a Chargers fan. I am a fan of wacky rear end football, of which the Chargers seem to be the kings.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Everyone focusing on the timeout but I'm really stuck on the dumb bullshit PI call right before halftime. In what loving universe is that a catchable throw and the raiders got 7 points for free from the garbage refs. That's the real pivotal moment for me and it seems like it got lost in the rest of the drama of the night.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Wow it caused us to go back to CRTs.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I enjoyed watching the Lions pull out all the Clownball stops against the Packers yesterday afternoon.

A Lions wideout threw a 75 yard touchdown pass to another Lions wideout. It was all quite comical. And it’s always nice to defeat the Packers, regardless of the situation.

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1480248206537723912

Also, Sun God finished the year with 6 straight games with 8+ catches and set the Lions WR rookie catches and yardage records with 90 catches and 912 yards (with 6 touchdowns).

Gonz fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 10, 2022

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Hakarne posted:

Everyone focusing on the timeout but I'm really stuck on the dumb bullshit PI call right before halftime. In what loving universe is that a catchable throw and the raiders got 7 points for free from the garbage refs. That's the real pivotal moment for me and it seems like it got lost in the rest of the drama of the night.

It's the same as deciding intentional grounding. Pretty clear cut to me imo.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Hakarne posted:

There was a pretty bad one in the Texans/Titans game too in a similar spot that had a similar effect on the game. Maybe next year PI can be reviewed by the replay official only. No coach challenges and no 10-minute reviews, but a quick second look to overturn egregious game-changing calls as replay is intended to do.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Blind Pineapple posted:

There was a pretty bad one in the Texans/Titans game too in a similar spot that had a similar effect on the game. Maybe next year PI can be reviewed by the replay official only. No coach challenges and no 10-minute reviews, but a quick second look to overturn egregious game-changing calls as replay is intended to do.

That sucks! I didn't see the Titans game but I caught something about it on my feed. I know it's bad and you just need to move on from calls like that but I was always thinking "the real score is (X-7 (or X-4 if you want to be charitable with a Raiders FG))" during the 2nd half and gently caress this game hurt extra bad through that lens :(

I should just tell myself the Chargers would have given up a dumb running TD anyways and you know what it's probably true

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I am not a Chargers fan. I am a fan of wacky rear end football, of which the Chargers seem to be the kings.

I’m generally this type of fan but I have a soft spot for Herb’s play (plus appearance) and gently caress was this game tilting, partially because a tie was right there, and that’s ultimate wacky, like a disregard for comma splices, but also maybe someone could make a catch or tackle?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It was a good day of football and some good :spooky:witching hours:spooky:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Congrats to the Chargers for inspiring a Zapruder-style analysis of their fuckup

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Can I interrupt the tie chat just to say, lol Colts.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mega64 posted:

Can I interrupt the tie chat just to say, lol Colts.

You may. I'll allow it.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

shirts and skins posted:

Congrats to the Chargers for inspiring a Zapruder-style analysis of their fuckup

4th-and-2-Anon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
are the colts gonna hang a banner commemorating their participation in the 2021 AFC South playoff race?