Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gavok posted:

57: Randy Savage with 118 points

The Macho Man was a man of contrasts. He was both really, really bad at the Royal Rumble and really, really good. On one hand, he’s the guy who jumped over the top rope to attack Jake Roberts in 1992, but on the other hand, the officials chose not to count it so he could go on to get fourth place. On one hand, he’s the dumbass who tried to pin Yokozuna in the Royal Rumble. On the other hand, he did so while being the runner up and even lucked into being #30 for that match. On one hand, he’d no-show the 1991 match. On the other hand, he entered his first Rumble as champion and did as well as he should, considering they didn’t want him to make it to the end and use his loss to build up WrestleMania.

Overall, the guy lasted a combined hour and was always treated as a star who COULD win. He did all right for himself.

55: Elias with 124 points

I had to double-check that this number was correct because...seriously? Elias?

But yeah, it checks out thanks to the Greatest Royal Rumble. Elias did spectacularly there, going for 34 minutes and taking out Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Kurt Angle, Konnor, and Bobby Lashley. While two of his attempts had him lose almost immediately, he did hang around for 26 minutes in 2018 and 15 minutes in 2019. Guy earned a ton of points under our noses.

these are related, i think, because i would bet you dollars to donuts that the reason they had Elias do so well in the Greatest Royal Rumble was because he looks just enough like Randy Savage that they thought they could make the Saudi audience think that's who was in the ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU