Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The Dollop crossover episode is worth it just for the moment when Gareth realizes that it's the same broadcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I legitimately cannot get over the "Matt Damooon" drop. Everyone puts on a stupid voice and i just grin/laugh every time.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
One of the technocrat shout outs was someone saying that they shouted some of the drops off a mountain once has kept me going.

I also have called my cats a loser little, little titty baby if they’re in the room when I hear it.

Also I just found this and I only want to watch animated KF going forward
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUaAB1qiAhE

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Froghammer posted:

The Dollop crossover episode is worth it just for the moment when Gareth realizes that it's the same broadcast

There was a lot of wild things in that episode. The Dollop guys have seen some poo poo in their time as a show but raw, unfiltered Alex is just too much and both of the Knowledge Fight guys are like "What? Oh, that? Huh, well buckle up I guess that's a Tuesday. We got the real stuff coming up still."

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It's been a while since Alex has gone fully mask off how he hates not just all immigrants but the very concept of immigration

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Fat Texan Lovecraft

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Big time eye emojis https://x.com/bankstonatlaw/status/1771953412239749354?s=46&t=SXDOUM5lPPvZwsTORT6VFQ

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Oh to be a fly on the wall at that deposition

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Remember: for us to see any of it, we'd need to rely on Musk's legal team to be a bunch of idiots and forget to fild the necessary paperwork to suppress its public release. Otherwise we would need to wait until after the trial is over.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Morroque posted:

Remember: for us to see any of it, we'd need to rely on Musk's legal team to be a bunch of idiots and forget to fild the necessary paperwork to suppress its public release. Otherwise we would need to wait until after the trial is over.

There's a greater than zero chance he's fired his WOKE twitter lawyers for free speech loving (and thus legally stupid) x legal team

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Morroque posted:

Or Musk would have to be stupid/baited enough into releasing it himself.

Regardless, he’s a loving moron and Bankston is really good at his job so lol.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Gotta be honest, I had no idea you could just pretend to be in the military and live on a base and no one would notice.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Grand Fromage posted:

Gotta be honest, I had no idea you could just pretend to be in the military and live on a base and no one would notice.

Makes you wonder how often it happens

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Thousands of people on American bases world-wide suddenly thinking "Oh poo poo, what if they start checking now?".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Ugh, gonna make barracks life shittier for everyone in there with mandatory ID checks every three hours, all day, every day or whatever the good idea fairy brings some broke-brained senior NCO rear end in a top hat.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grand Fromage posted:

Is this off of the March 22nd episode, I have been slacking on getting through the newest ones

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

How is Elon gonna handle the bowl of gummy bears? (That he's not allowed to take from)

Or was it some other candy?

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Lying about military service is very prevalent with those types of people. Wayne Simmons was grifting the military, Fox News, and defense contractors for like 15 years before he got outed

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Their world really is stolen valor all the way down.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I fall apart laughing every time I remember the investigative news story from mother jones(maybe?) about a bunch of the minutemen or whatever the gently caress the racist hate group was who was border watching during the trump years

A reporter went down and embedded with them while pretending to be a toughneck military guy as well and eventually managed to coax out that every single one of them had never served and was lying to save face with the other guys, all of which were convinced the others were all legit

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I fall apart laughing every time I remember the investigative news story from mother jones(maybe?) about a bunch of the minutemen or whatever the gently caress the racist hate group was who was border watching during the trump years

A reporter went down and embedded with them while pretending to be a toughneck military guy as well and eventually managed to coax out that every single one of them had never served and was lying to save face with the other guys, all of which were convinced the others were all legit

That was the Bundys iirc, sitting around with barrels of lube stealing valour with my bros

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Scam Likely posted:

How is Elon gonna handle the bowl of gummy bears? (That he's not allowed to take from)

Or was it some other candy?

I believe it's gummy worms in a bag. I don't think it was Bankston, but his partner in the Texas trial. Might be wrong.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

ILL Machina posted:

I believe it's gummy worms in a bag. I don't think it was Bankston, but his partner in the Texas trial. Might be wrong.

Yeah, it’s Ogden. Which would mean that Musk would have to be a corporate rep because that’s what he specializes in.

Which, really unlikely but I’d love to listen.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I am halfway through the Alex Jones documentary and all I want to do right now is say a bunch of stuff that would make the FBI or whoever visit with Lowtax again.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If you could get the FBI to visit Lowtax that would be very impressive

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Ouija boards are a thing.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

If you could get the FBI to visit Lowtax that would be very impressive

The FBI visiting Lowtax, 2024, colourised

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

You joke, but they have all those X-Files. Like in the documentary.

PS Dan is out of focus but right there in court at the very beginning of the doc.

Edited later : O jesus the doc is absolutely harrowing. They really ground you in the reality of the shooting, loving hell.

Xiahou Dun fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 27, 2024

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

So like, I was never what you'd call a patriot, even as a kid, but I still believed in the potential of America for a long time. I remember very specifically when that died on the day of the Sandy Hook massacre. Especially when I saw how we reacted afterwards, and how nothing would ever be changed for the better, how we weren't supposed to ask questions about why it happened, or how we could prevent it from maybe happening again. My daughter (son? I admit I'm confused on the whole past tense thing when it comes to trans kids...) was in kindergarten when it happened, and I remember breaking down in tears and sobbing later that night because all I could see was them cowering and crying in a corner helplessly while they were gunned down by some psycho.

I don't know, I'm probably oversharing. I can't put myself in the mindset of someone who would be okay with exploiting something like that. It's why I get so furious when I encounter one of those people who swear that Alex has a "good batting average" or whatever. I work with one of those guys right now, and he's actually an okay guy, which is what makes it that much more frustrating.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say right now, but I'd like to say I want people to watch The Truth vs. Alex Jones, but it wouldn't make any difference anyway because it's just a thing now where facts are subjective so what's even the point.

4 stars out of 5, would recommend.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Xiahou Dun posted:

Edited later : O jesus the doc is absolutely harrowing. They really ground you in the reality of the shooting, loving hell.

That cop naming all the victims hosed me up real bad.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

DangerDummy! posted:

That cop naming all the victims hosed me up real bad.

Especially hearing a name I recognized and then realizing there were other names I remembered and hadn’t heard yet.

Woooooof.

I got a chunk into the post-shooting coverage and stopped for the night. I think I finally discovered what “self care” is and it involves me telling my cat she’s a very good girl for the next hour or two.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Started watching tonight and my wife was laying beside me. She was just blown away by Jones, Halbig and Bidondi. She could not understand how anyone could treat other people like that.

I told her that I remember seeing Facebook posts that were just “asking questions” within a few days of it happening. She could not believe that people that we knew were horrible like that.

Alex Jones brings out the worst in us.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

You folks are all right. And hopefully alright.

This is maybe a weird addendum, but if a person claims a gender, you refer to them as their preference in all timelines -- back when they couldn't present as who they were, and in the future when they hope to be themselves. It's ok to discuss transition and the struggle to claim identity, but if trying to make reference to a person, you don't need to bother with "society saw them as an X at that time, and they were presenting as such, and it was only until Y that's they became their real selves". Just assume they were their real selves the whole time and X was everyone else's illusion.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

ILL Machina posted:

You folks are all right. And hopefully alright.

This is maybe a weird addendum, but if a person claims a gender, you refer to them as their preference in all timelines -- back when they couldn't present as who they were, and in the future when they hope to be themselves. It's ok to discuss transition and the struggle to claim identity, but if trying to make reference to a person, you don't need to bother with "society saw them as an X at that time, and they were presenting as such, and it was only until Y that's they became their real selves". Just assume they were their real selves the whole time and X was everyone else's illusion.

Thank you. As someone who tries to be supportive it’s nice when there’s a specific call out on corner cases like this. If pressed that would have been (a better- phrased version of) my best guess, but it’s not like my cis rear end gets to make those calls. It’s kind of the point of the support.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Alex Jones brings out the worst in us.

It was even said one of the parents in the doc, but he's got this sort of charisma about him and you can't help but watch him even if you kinda hate him.

This is going to sound bizarre, but I was describing him to my dad once. I remember hearing about how Idi Amin came to power, and he was a buffoon and a clown and everyone laughed at him until he tightened the noose when it was too late to realize how awful he really was.

Now, I hate Alex and everyone like him to my marrow, and I'd never say what he's done is remotely close to what Amin did, but that's what he reminded me of. We're all laughing at the fat, silly man yelling about gay frogs, but the whole time the people who listen to him hour by hour every day are absorbing the less silly poo poo, like his bigotry and xenophobia. If I have any real complaint about the documentary, it didn't shine a light on just how monstrously hateful he really is, but then again they had their story to tell, and only so much time to tell it.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

ILL Machina posted:

Thank you. I asked my son about that some time back, but he's still figuring out who he is and couldn't really articulate an answer he found satisfactory about the situation. I do my best to consider every perspective on stuff like this.

And yeah, I'm all right and alright. Been a stressful day with a lot of ignorant motherfuckers and tonight was probably not the best night to watch this :)

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Hey, I'm a cis boy myself, but thats the simple approach I've learned from trans folks in my life. Obviously, it's best to talk with people to understand their preferences (maybe don't open with this though?), but that's a good ground rule until you learn an exception.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Jesus, I'm a half hour into this doc. I kinda think it's not for us. We all know this stuff, if only through the deposition episodes. I watched the trails on the live stream. It's even more traumatizing. But it is incredible to see some of this footage. I can't help but finish it, ultimately.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I'm over a half-hour in, I've changed my mind. Just watch it. More of mattei and bankston are rewarding. Idk don't watch it I don't know you.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Ok after an hour of watching this, reynal denies some poo poo that is bad faced terrible that I had given him clearance for previously. He has some state dept chops but that seemed egregiously bad. See minute 49:00