Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

SetSliRol posted:

The moment in the deposition where the lawyer just deadpan asks "Mr. Jones, how many people have you killed?" was fantastic.

Someone on the KF reddit described that moment as being Dan's compensation for the consultation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Tree Dude posted:

Someone on the KF reddit described that moment as being Dan's compensation for the consultation.

poo poo. I have yet to listen to the last hour of the ep. Guess I better.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

SetSliRol posted:

The moment in the deposition where the lawyer just deadpan asks "Mr. Jones, how many people have you killed?" was fantastic.

It was incredible. I was hoping for a bunch of follow ups on KF lore just to clear things up. Maybe there'll be more depositions and he can sneak in more treats for us.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Infowars dodging traps in depositions

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PalatableIncredibleCoot-mobile.mp4

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I used to listen to Art Bell, what seems like half a lifetime ago. I used to read the crazy poo poo on Jeff Rense’s website. And some years ago I used to watch Alex Jones clips.

I did all these things not because I was a conspiracy theory nut, but because I thought they were funny. I thought it was sad that there were obviously some people out there who believed in these things, but those people were the fringe, I thought. And the types of stuff on those sites and shows used to just make me howl with laughter.

Jones rants used to make me laugh uncontrollably at times, and while to an extent some of the older ones still do, the whole conspiracy theory thing became a lot less funny when it reached the point where any place you go in this country, you’re around people who believe in at least one of them.

In my home state today you can’t throw a rock without hitting a QAnon believer and then hitting two more on the ricochets. The amount of irreparable harm that has been done by people like Jones is loving sad.

That’s why I spent most of last night listening to all of the Formulaic Objections episodes. It’s soothing to listen to Jones and his producers squirm! And to know that they will (hopefully) be ruined by all this.

Did the plaintiff attorneys ask for some documentation from Jones, and he just refused to give it up? I am remembering that right? I’m looking up reasons for the rarely-seen default judgement and most of what I’m seeing just says he “stopped participating” in the legal process, it doesn’t go into any more detail that that.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

MrMojok posted:

Did the plaintiff attorneys ask for some documentation from Jones, and he just refused to give it up? I am remembering that right? I’m looking up reasons for the rarely-seen default judgement and most of what I’m seeing just says he “stopped participating” in the legal process, it doesn’t go into any more detail that that.

That's pretty much it, yes. There's an episode where the attorney comes on to explain it in more detail, I'll look up which one it is (which would also be a useful one for the best-of list OP was planning for the OP).

e: https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/618-november-15-2021 - episode 618

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 31, 2022

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

The Roger Stone deposition might be the greatest piece of performance art in history.

On all counts. Dan. Jordan. Roger Stone. Roger's lawyer. gently caress Larry.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

tracecomplete posted:

The Roger Stone deposition might be the greatest piece of performance art in history.

On all counts. Dan. Jordan. Roger Stone. Roger's lawyer. gently caress Larry.

WHERE'S MY LAPTOPS?

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

goddamnedtwisto posted:

WHERE'S MY LAPTOPS?

Roger applauding as his lawyer laughs at Larry and tells him his lawsuit against Mueller was dismissed. Good lord.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's pretty much it, yes. There's an episode where the attorney comes on to explain it in more detail, I'll look up which one it is (which would also be a useful one for the best-of list OP was planning for the OP).

e: https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/618-november-15-2021 - episode 618

Oh, perfect! Thank you.

e: yeah the Roger-Larry show episode is a scream.

“Do you write things, Roger? Did you write ‘Larry Klayman is an rear end in a top hat?’ “

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grand Fromage posted:

It was incredible. I was hoping for a bunch of follow ups on KF lore just to clear things up. Maybe there'll be more depositions and he can sneak in more treats for us.

"Do you sir believe that the Literal Christian Devil is right here in the room with us? Reminder that you are under oath at this moment"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I feel like this is an important resource that should probably go in the OP. It's pinned on the KF subreddit. Not sure who's actually responsible for maintaining it or I would give them props.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p2u4MH5ywwsIHZvpdBbpzhPqAQedFR_xvbs1jbiAVOk/edit#gid=0

Useful for finding a specific episode

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 31, 2022

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The intro song has made me laugh like crazy for like four years

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone know episodes where the Knowledge Fight podcast discusses Alex Jones discussing Knowledge Fight?

I'm assuming he has, because the intro song has him saying the title... unless that's spliced together from two different clips.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

MrMojok posted:

Does anyone know episodes where the Knowledge Fight podcast discusses Alex Jones discussing Knowledge Fight?

I'm assuming he has, because the intro song has him saying the title... unless that's spliced together from two different clips.

Oh you sweet summer child...

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Alex has never brought them up to my knowledge. There was one episode where one of his cronies talked about them after the NYT piece came out iirc.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Oh, wow! I assumed an egomaniac like Jones wouldn’t be able to resist slamming a show that has slammed him for years.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Inspector Hound posted:

Rah need I need money

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

MrMojok posted:

Oh, wow! I assumed an egomaniac like Jones wouldn’t be able to resist slamming a show that has slammed him for years.

The last thing he would want is any of his listeners checking them out.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Speaking of good episodes, there is the one right after Jan 6th where he interviews the Q Shaman and gets ripped apart for being a hypocritical grifter :allears:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Weirdly off topic, but kinda? Idk: is there a KF or BtB type show for Joe Rogan?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

teen witch posted:

Weirdly off topic, but kinda? Idk: is there a KF or BtB type show for Joe Rogan?

There should be.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

teen witch posted:

Outside of KF/BtB, the only other podcast I know of that's focused on a particular rear end in a top hat is Tuckered Out, which is a Tucker Carlson deep dive podcast (obvs). I don't really listen to it very often though, because I can't stand listening to Carlson for more than a few seconds at a time

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Outside of KF/BtB, the only other podcast I know of that's focused on a particular rear end in a top hat is Tuckered Out, which is a Tucker Carlson deep dive podcast (obvs). I don't really listen to it very often though, because I can't stand listening to Carlson for more than a few seconds at a time

Hearing Carlson speak makes me feel like my insides are liquifying

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Carlson is just so loving stupid. He's not even an interesting stupid. I can't handle it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea Carlson's really boring because he's 'mainstream'. Like, he says terrible things but 90% of it is just normal right wing 'and the loving liberals are bringing brown people in illegally to destroy white people' poo poo with the other 10% being true genuine 'I think this guy is actually mentally damaged' like 'THE LEFT WANTS ME TO STOP JERKING OFF TO THE GREEN M&M'. He's just a rich kid who failed at being a shock jock gadfly (truly imagine the kind of person that title conjures in your mind, and now imagine the kind of person who CAN'T do that) and failed up in media.

Jones is a fascinating psycho to follow because you truly never know what he's gonna do.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

sexpig by night posted:

yea Carlson's really boring because he's 'mainstream'. Like, he says terrible things but 90% of it is just normal right wing 'and the loving liberals are bringing brown people in illegally to destroy white people' poo poo with the other 10% being true genuine 'I think this guy is actually mentally damaged' like 'THE LEFT WANTS ME TO STOP JERKING OFF TO THE GREEN M&M'. He's just a rich kid who failed at being a shock jock gadfly (truly imagine the kind of person that title conjures in your mind, and now imagine the kind of person who CAN'T do that) and failed up in media.

Jones is a fascinating psycho to follow because you truly never know what he's gonna do.

Even Knowledge Fight admits the has a remarkable carnival barker-like talent that others who tried his poo poo could not pull off. Owen Shroyer or David Knight could never be Alex. He took Bill Cooper's rhythm and vibe and turned it way the gently caress up to the point even Bill Cooper was like "this guy loving sucks."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Even Knowledge Fight admits the has a remarkable carnival barker-like talent that others who tried his poo poo could not pull off. Owen Shroyer or David Knight could never be Alex. He took Bill Cooper's rhythm and vibe and turned it way the gently caress up to the point even Bill Cooper was like "this guy loving sucks."

oh god yea you absolutely can't 'study' Jones and not admit he's a masterful showman.

Absolute lunatic and terrible person but a genuine rare talent that others like him have tried and failed to ape constantly.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I just found this podcast because of that 4 hour deposition from Alex and that other woman I forget, one of his bussniess managers?)

Alex is about what I expected with the added idea that he really should have been more clued into WHAT his underlings were doing.

But this other woman. HOLY poo poo! Its why Fox News does not let the crazy of the crazy work for them. Even Jones understands when to reign in, this woman does not. Also, how are you not prepared for something like this? I wouldnthinl Info Wars would have money for a decent legal team.

They mentioned another episode with one other guy who's disposition was worse than her's. What episode was that?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Inspector Hound posted:

*violent, ungodly retching* iloveyou

Also, piling on to say I just started listening to this podcast a couple of weeks ago and I'm now fully hooked. It took me several batches to get through the 4-hour deposition episode from last week, but boy howdy was it worth the ride. Hearing Alex pinned down and trying to squirm feebly out of the rhetorical traps the lawyers set out for him is incredible, but somehow hearing Daria coolly explain that if you have a heart you too would make up incredible conspiracy theories to downplay children's deaths broke me. Add to that her vague, means-nothing definition of a "good journalist" ("someone who seeks the truth"), even as she admits she doesn't know what Wolfgang Halbig even did during his "investigations." Truly people who will rewrite reality in the moment to suit their needs rather than admit any culpability for their actions.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BigRed0427 posted:

I just found this podcast because of that 4 hour deposition from Alex and that other woman I forget, one of his bussniess managers?)

Alex is about what I expected with the added idea that he really should have been more clued into WHAT his underlings were doing.

But this other woman. HOLY poo poo! Its why Fox News does not let the crazy of the crazy work for them. Even Jones understands when to reign in, this woman does not. Also, how are you not prepared for something like this? I wouldnthinl Info Wars would have money for a decent legal team.

They mentioned another episode with one other guy who's disposition was worse than her's. What episode was that?

episode #378, Formulaic Objections part 2 which is a deposition of Alex, Paul Joseph Watson (who is about the closest Alex has had to a competent replacement), and Rob Dew who is an Infowars producer who semi-frequently appears on Alex's show.

Rob somehow got designated as the company representative of Free Speech Systems, LLC which is Alex's production company and he has literally no idea what in the ever living gently caress that position entails for when he is deposed.

the other two Formulaic Objection episodes are #279 which is about one of Alex's depositions that went viral, and #401 which is Roger Stone vs Larry Klayman.

the Stone one is really great, since its basically Larry and Roger yelling each other because they've hated each other for a decade after a failed Senate bid by Larry that Roger helped manage.

Stone really shouldn't need an introduction, but he's been a long time Washington lobbyist and fixer starting under Nixon, and worked with Paul Manafort and obviously was heavilly involved with Trump and is a large reason why Jones swung so hard for Trump

Klayman is a dipshit lawyer who started Judicial Watch because he hated the Clintons, and eventually left and is more or less the prototypical insane conservative lawyer pulling insane legal poo poo for the last 20 years.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I’m still not a hundred percent that Daria isn’t Alex’s Russian handler. Back in 2015, Alex was invited to do a spot on RT via Skype. What actually happened was that he ended up being debriefed by Russian intelligence agents who set up the RT spot as a pretense. They grilled him on if he was for real or not and then, because they trained to manipulate narcissists, lay into Alex with praise and basically flip him. Alex describes this all in great detail on his show and is too stupid to realize he got flipped into a Russian asset for free. 2015 is the same year that Daria starts at infowars and the bots start pumping Alex’s numbers.

KF #82 for context

So, yeah, maybe a bit tinfoil hatter of me, but I think Daria was doing as she was trained.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Marsupial Ape posted:

I’m still not a hundred percent that Daria isn’t Alex’s Russian handler. Back in 2015, Alex was invited to do a spot on RT via Skype. What actually happened was that he ended up being debriefed by Russian intelligence agents who set up the RT spot as a pretense. They grilled him on if he was for real or not and then, because they trained to manipulate narcissists, lay into Alex with praise and basically flip him. Alex describes this all in great detail on his show and is too stupid to realize he got flipped into a Russian asset for free. 2015 is the same year that Daria starts at infowars and the bots start pumping Alex’s numbers.

KF #82 for context

So, yeah, maybe a bit tinfoil hatter of me, but I think Daria was doing as she was trained.

Listening to KF long enough makes you realize that Alex is literally part of a conspiracy by powerful people using shadowy means to gain power but is too deluded to see it. I guess that's part of why I couldn't take it anymore. He never learns, and the story he wants to be part of so desperately is right there but he is a villian in it.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

It's an extremely strong intro theme.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Before you do the Dew keep in mind "worse" means "stupider" here. Dew doesn't seem like a psycho the way Daria does, he's just the dumbest person on Earth.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
They aired a special separate intro remix by the same artist, I think, immediately after their NYT piece got commentary, but only for that one episode. Anyone able to link it by chance?

I have designed and preformed an interpretive dance to accompany the intro. It involves a lot of retching, as one might expect.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Knowledge Fight #36 which is titled "June 18, 2015" is an interesting one.

This aired May 30th 2017, and in this one Dan talks about how different Alex is in 2017 compared to the way he used to be. He went back and listened to old shows, trying to find the point where Alex really lost it. He'd been a nutter for years of course, but Dan was looking for the moment when he really pivoted into his more extremist persona.

Dan went back to June 16th, 2015, when he says Alex has no knowledge about Trump, doesn't talk about Trump. This day was the day Trump came down the Big, Beautiful escalator and announced his campaign, after talking about how dirty foreigners rapists were being let into the country and it's high time that was stopped.

The next day was the Charleston Church Massacre, and on his next show, Alex began his precipitous slide towards his current form.

It also has one of the all-time great Out of Context Drops, right at the beginning.

e: Dan says later in the episode that this seems to have been the moment Alex decided that he was the one who could, and must, save the world

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 1, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I wish the Knowledge Fight guys would do an episode on that time last year when Alex Jones showed up as the guest of honor on that groady alt-right comic book nerd Friday night panel show. Because it very quickly went wildly, hilariously off script and Jones just started doing an impromptu InfoWars show for a live audience of 8 other bobblehead chuds, and it got so bad that Jeremy "The Quatering" Hambly, the avatar of zero self-awarness, of all people, just up and bailed on the show about 20 minutes into Jones's segment because he alone realized it was a bad look to be seen with Alex Jones mid-Alex Jones-caliber deranged meltdown.

Sadly, they're not going to do it because when asked about it by Lance of The Serfs (another great show that comes at e-shitheads like Jones on a daily basis) they basically said they don't really care what z-tier dumpster hovel Jones dives into to try and garner YouTube facetime with by hook or by crook. And I kind of think that's a mistake on their part, because 1) that stream is a goldmine of hilarious content, and 2) people like Hambly, and stream host Gary Buechler, and regular hangers-on Jeremy Grigs and Ryan Kinnel are basically all different flavors of "Alex Jones, But For Nerds" and seeing Dan and Jordan using their Jones-dissecting skills on them would be incredibly cathartic.

The interview in question, if anyone wants to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkkYnmsWFa0

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 1, 2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

nine-gear crow posted:

I wish the Knowledge Fight guys would do an episode on that time last year when Alex Jones showed up as the guest of honor on that groady alt-right comic book nerd Friday night panel show. Because it very quickly went wildly, hilariously off script and Jones just started doing an impromptu InfoWars show for a live audience of 8 other bobblehead chuds, and it got so bad that Jeremy "The Quatering" Hambly, the avatar of zero self-awarness, of all people, just up and bailed on the show about 20 minutes into Jones's segment because he alone realized it was a bad look to be seen with Alex Jones mid-Alex Jones-caliber deranged meltdown.

Sadly, they're not going to do it because when asked about it by Lance of The Serfs (another great show that comes at e-shitheads like Jones on a daily basis) they basically said they don't really care what z-tier dumpster hovel Jones dives into to try and garner YouTube facetime with by hook or by crook. And I kind of think that's a mistake on their part, because 1) that stream is a goldmine of hilarious content, and 2) people like Hambly, and stream host Gary Buechler, and regular hangers-on Jeremy Grigs and Ryan Kinnel are basically all different flavors of "Alex Jones, But For Nerds" and seeing Dan and Jordan using their Jones-dissecting skills on them would be incredibly cathartic.

The interview in question, if anyone wants to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkkYnmsWFa0

I think Dan commented on it in an episode of KF around the time it happened and said that he tried to watched it and was too bored to finish it. If anything else comes that's related to it, then I can see him coming back to it, but he wrote it off pretty quickly.

And in other news:

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1488173859589300227
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1488188751729901570

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I wish Billy Wayne Davis would be back on Behind the Bastards. He and Robert have such good chemistry and his response to the topics are always amazing.

I remember him talking about how chuds would see him open for Tyler Childers and Sturgill Simpson but they would be pissed about his liberal jokes. He said that they apparently did not realize what Simpson and Childers talked about in their songs.