Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Tree Dude posted:

The second the caller says "I think it's time you acknowledge Knowledge Fight" Alex hangs up on him and moves on to the next caller in queue.

The biggest point being that he very carefully doesn't give a reaction and just kills the call. No bluster or yelling about how these demons are out to get him, just moving on.

Although, as fun as it is to read more into that, that's also just radio training for moving past a prank call you don't want to deal with, I think. But still interesting that he just doesn't even want to try and engage with the topic when he's been happy enough to roll around in the mud for "good" radio before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Tree Dude posted:

The second the caller says "I think it's time you acknowledge Knowledge Fight" Alex hangs up on him and moves on to the next caller in queue.

HAH! I thought Alex was a big strong info warrior chosen by god who was willing to take on the deep state, but he's pissing himself in fear over two dipshits with a podcast (I mean, they both seem like good people, but anyone who willingly exposes themselves to that much Alex Jones, even for a podcast, is probably a dipshit).

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
We're well past the point where Alex has to know about the podcast. Multiple former employees have interacted with the boys via social media, Dan was in the room with him for a deposition, he 100% has read the New York Times piece, and his lawyers threw a fit once they realized that they were involved in the Texas case. More importantly, though, I think Alex intimately understands that there's no such thing as bad publicity, and that acknowledging Knowledge Fight's existence publicly can only end with more people listening to the podcast. Whether he considers them a genuine threat or as parasites mooching off of his brand (I largely suspect it's the latter), the playbook's the same; pretend they don't exist, and instantly shut down the conversation if someone brings them up on-air.

That said, the clip made me laugh out loud.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I think it's less "aha, Alex knows about Knowledge Fight!" as much as it is about the clear urgency with which he shuts that down. He doesn't laugh, or bluster about them being "chicken-necked globalists", or get angry. If you call into Alex's show and spew a bunch of open antisemitism that he can't launder, he will usually at least argue with that caller a bit before hanging up. That clip is a rare moment of Alex showing some actual discipline, to realize "oh, I'm not allowed to play with this toy and know that I shouldn't, so I'm just going to put it right back into the box without throwing a pissbaby tantrum like I would in any other situation."

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

I wish KF had clips and excerpts of common Alex talking points, like predicting 9/11.

The clip could include Alex making the claim followed by Dan's succinct takedown of it as bullshit. It'd be a great 60 second rebuttal to a lot of garbage comments out there. And Dan does it so efficiently after all these years.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Scam Likely posted:

I wish KF had clips and excerpts of common Alex talking points, like predicting 9/11.

The clip could include Alex making the claim followed by Dan's succinct takedown of it as bullshit. It'd be a great 60 second rebuttal to a lot of garbage comments out there. And Dan does it so efficiently after all these years.

Now I'm just picturing Knowledge Fight TikTok/Youtube Shorts

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Scam Likely posted:

It could be interesting if they put together some kind of "greatest hits" episode (either KF greatest hits or AJ "greatest hits" with accompanying reactions/rebuttals), especially to serve as an on-ramp to new listeners.

I've tried to get a couple friends into the show myself, but I was at a loss on what to recommend since there's so many episodes. I ended up just telling them to whatever came out most recently, but some episodes are just not that interesting in a vacuum, and I'm always a bit worried that people might be put off by Jordan yelling about abolishing all governments or whatever.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Scam Likely posted:

While you and I would like that, for an example of what happens when that happens, see any takedown of Jordan Petersen

They always wind up saying he was taken out of context and infowarriors would say the same about Alex

And then there would be a need to expand the discussion to clarify that too and then they move the goalposts

Calling Alex a lying sack of poo poo works imo for the quick stuff

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
During the Texas trial, the webcam the court had available inadvertently broadcast a lot of things that weren't part of the court record in any official capacity, including one instance where Jones spoke to the HBO documentarian and said "they never got my texts." At the time, it was in direct reference to how he successfully evaded discovery; no advance knowledge about what was going to happen to him on the stand eight days later.

Another thing that likewise lives in non-official rumour is a question Reynal posed to Bankston about the next-day's witness, asking if it was going to be "the debunking guy," or something like that.

This means, at minimum, Reynal had prepared some amount of evidence about Dan as an attempt at discreditment should he have ever taken the stand. Given Reynal's general pattern, any argument he could've given would've only been something Alex (or Barnes by proxy) provided in advance. ... on the other hand, given the other expert witnesses, any argument Alex might've provided would've only made sense to Alex's own highly peculiar worldview. One needs only refer to Becca Lewis -- an academic who teaches about confirmation bias -- getting accused of not knowing what confirmation bias is to guess how poorly that would've gone.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Fred is on posted:

It could be interesting if they put together some kind of "greatest hits" episode (either KF greatest hits or AJ "greatest hits" with accompanying reactions/rebuttals), especially to serve as an on-ramp to new listeners.

I've tried to get a couple friends into the show myself, but I was at a loss on what to recommend since there's so many episodes. I ended up just telling them to whatever came out most recently, but some episodes are just not that interesting in a vacuum, and I'm always a bit worried that people might be put off by Jordan yelling about abolishing all governments or whatever.

I got my dad into it by recommending he start with the episodes where Dan and Jordan broke down the Sandy Hook depositions. It's also how I got into KF

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Formulaic Objections episodes are what got me in. Listening to Jones eat poo poo, get force-fed curb, and then stumble down a mile long line of rakes was a balm to my soul after the chaos of Trump coming down the escalator.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was gonna suggest their breakdown of endgame or the Obama deception, but that might do the opposite and turn someone off since Alex doesn’t get any comeuppance, just proved wrong

I also realized I have not listened to the Jan 6 episodes yet, so I should do that

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I haven't fired up the most recent episode yet. I honestly don't know if I can listen to smug mode Alex and Tucker suck each other off. I never thought I'd hate anyone more than Ted Cruz or deSantis, but 500 episodes of Knowledge Fight haven proven me very wrong. gently caress.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Oddly Tucker isn't really involved except to verbally fellate Alex after his absurdly long rants.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ILL Machina posted:

Oddly Tucker isn't really involved except to verbally fellate Alex after his absurdly long rants.

Ironically one of the few times Tucker's normal expression would be apt.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
We're inching closer and closer to The Mattering and I can't wait

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Just in case anyone was curious : the etymology of "barbecue" is actually from an Arawak word for a wooden platform that they would cure meat on.

Pigs are not native to the New World and all stories about the relevant native people committing cannibalism were made up to my knowledge. There are/were people that practiced cannibalism in the New World (the Wari' of Brazil have funerary cannibalism, for instance) but most of the stuff from the Caribbean is just bullshit racist fear-mongering going back to first-wave colonialism.

"Cannibal" is actually corruption of "Carib" one of the people Columbus first encountered, and is also where "Caribbean" comes from. It's memorable because it's one of the few times the spelling changed an etymology ; the "r" became an "n" because of misreading cursive handwriting.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I will say that the current discussion in regards to the Haiti civil war are along the lines of what Dan said. Cannibalism is happening but it is not out of necessity (or natural state) but rather as an intimidation/terror tactic. ISIS put out propaganda like that (not cannibalism) in order to intimidate people and reduce resistance.

Wars and massive civil strife definitely bring out the worst in people.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'll barbecue the rear end of anyone in this thread.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

How great would it be to have been a fly on the wall when 13 year old Alex was being spun bullshit stories by his drunk Uncles about them being deep into Iran Contra underground globalist blood libel rituals?

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

https://bsky.app/profile/knowledgefight.bsky.social/post/3knwi7zlypm2k

Don't know if Bluesky posts embed, but looks like no new episode on Monday.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

They don't, but we will get episodes Wednesday and Friday.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
MAIN LAHHHHHHHN NOOOOOOOOWS

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mr Scumbag posted:

MAIN LAHHHHHHHN NOOOOOOOOWS

GAY RON TEED! (I hate how he enunciates that)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Morter posted:

GAY RON TEED! (I hate how he enunciates that)

Like everything else in Alex’s life, it is taken from a piece of pop culture

https://youtu.be/87-WlhWwLBo

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It rules that KF will just put out an episode 800 or 900 without seeming to even notice but get a special ep 911 theme essentially forced on them.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Oh my god this Elon interview with Lemon makes him sound so much dumber than I though it would, and my expectations were real fuckin' low.

"If we keep talking about [racism], it's never going to go away."

Like holy loving poo poo. I could write several paragraphs on this statement alone.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Oh my god this Elon interview with Lemon makes him sound so much dumber than I though it would, and my expectations were real fuckin' low.

"If we keep talking about [racism], it's never going to go away."

Like holy loving poo poo. I could write several paragraphs on this statement alone.

I haven't listened to the episode yet, but just reading that immediately made me put my head in my hands.

It explains a whole lot, that's for sure

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
God I cannot loving stand Musk’s voice. Him and Tucky, equal parts stupid and smug. Like hearing a thirteen year olds edgy opinion.

Of course I’m listening to this the one time I’m in the office and I want to Jordan Scream

E oh god the Alex and soul food thing GET OUT. READ A BOOK. EEEURHH

teen witch fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 22, 2024

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Was interested in this after looking into the Sandy Hook verdicts, and kind of noped out of the podcast a while ago.

Started with the Formulaic Objections playlists as per goon suggestions, and felt such horrible despair and anger and annoyance over one specific moment: when Alex was asked to name a single kid who died at Sandy Hook. This thing that had been his shadow for years, this thing that was very obviously heading to his ruination, this thing that he had a responsibility to refresh himself on...and when pressed with a question like that...he couldn't do it. Which meant his hackles went up, he went into defensive mode, he showed who he really was. And it was ink-black void and hideous.

But, recently, I went back - after hearing about the HBO doc - and stuck through it. I ended up getting into it and binge-ing countless episodes. Enjoying Dan and Jordan's vibe. I'm happy I got in as Jones' twilight begins, as he's being punished for his poo poo. Dunno if I could stick it out if it was just the same thing every week without consequences.

For people who think Jordan's loud or annoying, I felt the same at first, but warmed up to him. He's definitely the emotional sugar that helps the medicine go down. I feel like we roll our eyes at the same time, and without his emotional counterbalance it's just Alex ranting and Dan going "that's wrong". Jordan's the valve of release, that's why I like him.

All that to say, that if I hadn't stuck it out, hadn't got used to the vibe and speed of the podcast, I wouldn't have heard that absolutely sublime-hilarious-insane Lana Del Rey moment from today's episode and my life would be worse without it.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

teen witch posted:

God I cannot loving stand Musk’s voice. Him and Tucky, equal parts stupid and smug. Like hearing a thirteen year olds edgy opinion.

Of course I’m listening to this the one time I’m in the office and I want to Jordan Scream

E oh god the Alex and soul food thing GET OUT. READ A BOOK. EEEURHH

haven't listened to the new episodes yet, but there is no way I can listen to this thing in public because I find myself frequently saying things like "you dumb loving rear end in a top hat" or on occasion "please shut up Jordan"

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

KF is the one podcast I did have to stop listening to while walking the dog after I noticed the sheer constant look of anger on my face was started to get some really concerned reactions from the neighbors. It's now a good workout podcast

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I've listened to like 200 episodes and never warmed up to Jordan

he seems like a nice person but retire please

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Did you start at the beginning? He tones down a lot.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

Did you start at the beginning? He tones down a lot.

no, I mostly listened like a year or two ago and was listening to the ones happening at the time

if he was worse I don't want to hear it haha

I have also gone backwards some but not too far I don't think

Edit: to add more than me whining I just think there are modes of conversing with Dan and reacting about how Alex sucks other than "nothing" and "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL I HATE EVERYONE WHAT ARE WE DOING" and then saying some poo poo you read on twitter, I don't think it has to be Jordan or dead air

I just think there's room for another person to react with like a normal level of "Wow this guy is a real piece of poo poo" and engaging with Dan and asking him questions or like making jokes that are funny but I don't think Jordan is the guy for it

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 22, 2024

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The first hundred eps or so are really funny in a way that's different from today since the guys haven't fully arrived at Alex being an irredeemable monster yet. Jordan is real Jordany at times though, it starts improving after Dan invents mic down and then I'd say by about episode 250 Jordan is mostly his more controlled modern version.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Realizing that Elon sees Twitter as pvp makes Twitter nowadays make so much more sense

Elon wants to go back to Barrens chat in WoW, that’s why Twitter sucks so much now

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Hot take: early Dan was much harder for me to tolerate than Jordan at his absolute worst. I can't remember when the turn happened, but it was such a blessing for the podcast when he stopped playing devil's advocate for Alex over every little piece of ambiguity and took such a strictly literal interpretation of his words. But I think he managed to grow out of that faster than Jordan calmed down.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Knowledge Fight but Felix Biederman instead of Jordan. Still withering insights about a mad man but actually funny and I don’t go deaf needlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Do a jordan swap with bein ian