Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I now have the tendency to walk around and randomly say “It’s time to pray” and “I’m a policy wonk.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I wish Billy Wayne Davis would be back on Behind the Bastards. He and Robert have such good chemistry and his response to the topics are always amazing.

I remember him talking about how chuds would see him open for Tyler Childers and Sturgill Simpson but they would be pissed about his liberal jokes. He said that they apparently did not realize what Simpson and Childers talked about in their songs.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

“Age of consent” laws are a major thing for some libertarians but whenever I mention that to libertarians, they get pretty mad and say that is not them. But their loudest voices just keep going back to that.

I know this is not Knowledge fight specific but it is lateral. Does anyone sub to the QAA patreon? I started back in October (about a month after I started listening) because their premium episode samples pulled me in. Now, it seems like they are all over the place on when they release episodes or what their episodes are about (several movie watch episodes in the last couple of months). Is this just a lull time for them each year or has anyone else noticed the quality being so so recently?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Tomorrow is the beautiful 666 day!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

It will be like the bankruptcy thing. He will just say it is not happening and those are MSM lies.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

In reality, I am not surprised by anyone right wing looking towards a monarch or authoritarian.

Single individuals or groups can totally keep the status quo while whole communities and democracies directly leads to change.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

No knowledge fight today?!?!?

I thought they said they would be back on Wednesday. Listening to them makes me happy before going to school to teach history and civics to high school students.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Well, time to return to the Russian Revolution. Strangely enough, the Bolsheviks really do have some authoritarian similarities to today’s right wing loonies.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

And new first time listeners, please let us know where you heard about the show. I have a very short view out side of my personal media bubble.

I have lurked for a while but this is my path to them:
Started listening to history podcasts like Revolutions in 2019. Searched for more stuff like that and found Robert Evans’ It Could Happen Here from 2019. That led me to Behind the Bastards which introduced me to Knowledge Fight (and QAnon Anonymous).

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

If you are going to confront Jones, just having the data and proof will get you nowhere. He will treat you like a Brian Stelter nerd and dance around you. You have to have someone there to really get to a narcissist’s inner mind by just outright laughing at them and mocking them when that proof is given so it makes it harder for them to gallop around it.

I think Dan and Jordan both provide a good balance of how to handle someone like Jones and I think that may be a reason why Jones has never went after them.

For example, I have a friend that loves to randomly send me Ben Shapiro videos to show me how liberals are wrong about everything. After refuting whatever bullshit BS is saying, I then just mock BS because I know that he will jump to another line of attack if I just refute the initial claim. I never refer to BS as BS, I only call him “Brett Hawthorne” (character from BS’s book that is everything BS wishes he could be) and I talk about how “Brett Hawthorne” is beyond dumb and just wishes more people would pay attention to him and love him. Makes the guy drop off quickly for several months before he jumps back in with another video.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Negative attention is still attention and he has bills to pay. My daughters watched a Disney teen show and Jim Breuer appeared on it as himself for a few episodes.

Desperation makes people do crazy things.

Also, he might just be massively stupid.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

This was posted in the right wing media thread but I thought that this thread may enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-qYZG0BKo

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

HuffPost did an article about Jones’ trial. This stood out to me:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alex-jones-sandy-hook-defamation-trial-is-set-to-begin-heres-what-you-need-to-know_n_62d96cf0e4b0a6852c352e97

“Mark Bankston getting hard at destroying Jones” posted:

Bankston, the attorney representing Heslin and Lewis, told HuffPost an expert witness will be called to testify about Jones’ finances.

I hope it is Alex’s dad.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

In CSpam, there is a thread going after Evans for…reasons….

It seems like the reasons jump all over from his picture to his use of the n word a decade ago to not supporting Palestinians to being a CIA/Assad shill to claiming he caused the unrest in Portland a few years ago.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Sorry for any derail that might have caused.

In a civil case like this, they only have to get 7 jurors to agree, correct?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

When they announced that It Could Happen Here was going daily, it made me shake my head. That is a lot of content to put out.

Side note: I miss the Worst Year Ever podcast and I am extremely pumped for the next current day Knowledge Fight because I want to hear their view of the trial.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

KF did an long episode on Alex’s War but if you want a court break down, Oral Arguments has a new episode all about how loving stupid Alex’s lawyers are.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I think he meant Opening Arguments because their newest episode is called "Alex Jones' Lawyers Have No loving Idea What They're Doing"

Yes I meant Opening Arguments.

I listen to a wrestling related podcast that was called Oral Sessions so I mixed them up. My bad.

I believe the Law and Crime YouTube is also putting clips up of the trial.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

In case anyone missed it, KF put up another episode late last night.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I think it is made worse by the fact that you get crowd reactions.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I think he watched a bunch of Carlin and thought he was on that level. But once again, Carlin generally punched up which is what makes observational comedy funny.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

After the Hillary’s email situation, he realized that shilling for the right wing made him money. He burned a source that had leaked information on Russian interference in 2016 which caused her to be sentenced to jail after the Trump admin went after her.

This caused him to get fired/leave his reporting job. After that, he started a sub stack just to shill right wing BS especially about “journalistic integrity”, “cancel culture” and “wokeness”. He regularly appears on Tucker Carlson as the “former liberal (gay man) who realized how far the left and the media has gone wrong”.

Also, he lives in Brazil where Bolsonaro hates gay men and Glenn has started promoting Bolsonaro’s agenda recently.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Jones is going to testify tomorrow. I wonder how the cross will go for him.

Also, does Jones appear for the parents testifying? It would not surprise me if he did.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

KF Facebook page and subreddit went and sent to the plaintiff’s lawyers the clips from today’s Infowars show where Jone’s attacked the parents as being slow or manipulated.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Now that a court has ruled that what he did/is doing is wrong, could this turn into harassment charges?

I always remember how quickly Jones flipped on the Chobani bullshit and I wish this was the same.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

“Reliable Sources” with Brain Stelter is being cancelled after 30 years. His last show is on Sunday.

1) wow, KF guys show up one time and the show is cancelled two weeks later.

2) Who is Jones going to go after now? I am guessing Anderson Cooper or Don Lemon.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Gosh I hope I get a golden button.

Also, I love the Laura Loomer subplot through the taping.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

That is awesome.

I checked my email to make sure I sent it to the right place (which I did) but I realized that I put the wrong zip code down for my address.

Thanks for this above comment which helped me fix that.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I like how Behind the Bastards has to bleep out Hello Fresh all of the time when Robert talks about how they hunt children on an island.

Make whatever claims you want against Raytheon but you had better not piss off Hello Fresh.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

My bad, I forgot which company had the island.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Alex Jones was interviewed by Channel 5. I cannot wait for KF to cover this whole thing if the trailer has this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLZnOaz1SBA

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

SiriusXM announced today that they are adding audio streams of Law and Crime network to their online offerings.

I wonder if the increased attention from the Alex Jones trial helped set this up.

Also, Jones will always lie about it so the only way to stop him is to financially punish him in a way that monetarily cripples him for the rest of his life.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

After Alex Jones ranted in front of media yesterday that he was broke and the families won’t get any more money from him and that he was going to tell off the judge and only plead the fifth from now on, his attorney announced yesterday that Jones would not take the stand.

Without Jones, the defense is not calling any witnesses.

He is such a weak and feeble coward.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Expect Jones to go off with Tucker clips next week. Tucker interviewed Kanye West and West started spouting conspiracy theories about Uvalde (along with actual legitimate criticism of the media). He ended it by asking if he was in Alex Jones territory.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

red19fire posted:

Does he mean ‘baseless assumptions based on zero actual research’ Alex Jones or ‘wild, inflammatory slander that will cost him a half a billion dollars in a defamation lawsuit’ Alex Jones?

answer: yes

Baseless assumptions. He never seemed to go inflammatory slander, just “asking questions” about why the media all had the same story so quickly. He then used an actual media grievance about how the media does not pay attention to kids murdered in the inner city. He bookended that with his comment about how in sync they were before asking the Jones question.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Yeah, last night Kanye went almost down the “blacks are the real Jews” and how he was going to expose the Jews for what they have done.

Twitter then suspended him much like Instagram did this past week. Tucker used him for the sound bites and will probably ignore him until Kanye has another mental break.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I hope that they put out an emergency episode for tomorrow.

They can talk about anything they like. I literally watched it in my classroom with high school students waiting for the bus. When I told them what Jones did, all of them said that he deserved it.

Edit: they also have to play “My Way”

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 12, 2022

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I 100% thought the same thing!

OC is the hardest working man in wrestling.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

Very jealous.

Mazel tov, hoss!

Jealous. I put my name in but have not gotten any buttons. That little breaky one is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Beautiful. I am a amazed that the compensatory damages were so much more than punitive.