Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Right, r-r-r-r-r-right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Right. R-r-r-r-r-r-right. Right.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Yayayayayaya

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Right. R-r-r-right

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

It's always funny when Jordan complains about Alex talking over clips. Also when Jordan complains about people fake-laughing.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

For me, the annoying thing about it is that Alex can say that he was tricked by a deep fake and for once he'll be right.

You'll be happy to know that in the may 4th episode, he says he wasn't fooled by the call at all and 30 seconds in he knew what was going on. He then mentions that the only way it could seem like he was fooled is if they "edit the clip".

Prank Stallone says this:

https://twitter.com/theCJS/status/1653892448366776321

So look forward to some good old fashioned: "They edited the clips! They've taken me out of context!" Like always.

Edit: It kinda wouldn't shock me if he tried to play the "They deepfaked my side of the conversation as well!" card. It was a really bad idea to do this to Alex. It's going to give him a limitless supply of ammo and excuses going forward. He was always gonna lie anyway, but the fact that he has actually been targeted with AI now will lend at least a tiny amount of credibility to his future claims that it's "happened again".

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 8, 2023

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

The call's been posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usl7bWUt3tg&t=107s

Most surprising part is uh... Alex wasn't lying about it. Sounds pretty much like what he said it was.

Jesus loving Christ. That's it? This Prank Stallone sucks at this. I did some soundboard prank calls with a buddy once in like 1999 using Winamp, Kindergarten Cop clips and a headphone duct taped to a landline phone and they were leagues better than this garbage. And somehow he's also more dishonest than Alex loving Jones.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Well I think I have gone as far back into the episodes as I can stand. Episode ~150 is my limit.

It probably won't be a popular opinion but I'm really not a fan of "high energy personalities" so even at the best of times, Jordan's shrieking and verbal tics are too much for me and I have to make liberal use of the "fast forward 15 seconds" button whenever he sets himself off, which let's be honest, is very often. I also don't really think his contributions are all that interesting or illuminating beyond his usefulness as a foil and someone to turn the show into a conversation. But the further back I go, the more manic he is and it's kind of ridiculous how bad he was earlier on. So, so loud.

At least it means he's managed to get himself under control better over the years but I really find the earlier episodes to be completely unlistenable, which sucks.

I guess it's a testament to how good the podcast is and how interesting it is that I'm willing to suffer through a significant part of it, though. You may now dogpile me.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 9, 2023

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

I think because of the nature of the show and his role in it, he often says things without fully thinking them through.

The feeling I get a lot of the time with Jordan is that even he knows he doesn't have a lot to add to things much of the time but still tries simply because he feels like he has to speak to make the show work and coupled with his manic personality it leads to him just talking way more than he needs to.

He's obviously not a dumb guy, but so much of what he says is so redundant and long-winded because there's only so much you can say to respond to Alex saying a dumb thing. I feel like most of the time, he just tries to repeat it or contextualize it but using 10x the words and I don't see what value it adds to the show.

It's not always like that and sometimes he has something a bit more meaningful to add without extended tangents, but the show gets bogged down a lot with stuff like that when it doesn't really need to.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Every time I see Crowder I inwardly cringe at such an extreme expression of fragile masculinity and insecurity. His lack of self-awareness is kind of staggering.

This doofus wears a gun holster, has a pistol paperweight or whatever it is on his desk and from what I remember there's a humidor there too cause cigars = manly, I guess? Reminds me of that Davis Aurini twerp and his whiskey sipping.

It blows my mind that there is ANYONE out there that doesn't see that poo poo for what it is, let alone thousands of them happy enough to make his schtick as lucrative as it is. Then again, from what I hear, his show is basically Babby's First Alt-Right Talkshow and it heavily caters to literal children (and manchildren, I guess.) Hook them early for a lifetime of brainwashing and grifting.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I dunno about the father thing. For some people I guess it might be an issue, but I never really had any older males in my life to show me what "being a man" was (My old man was around but never showed much interest) and I didn't turn into a fragile alt-right shithead.

Some people just seem developmentally deficient as far as I can tell. They form an idea of what "manly" is when they're a kid and just never go back to re-examine themselves or their ideas. Which can happen to anyone but is particularly common among the alt-right. That lack of self awareness or any desire to self-reflect or examine long-held or "traditional" beliefs.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Drilling deeper, it all seems to stem from a deep desire to be perceived in the way they prefer, but only by doing the lowest effort poo poo.

And when the measures they take to affect that image are rightfully ridiculed and laughed at, rather than readjusting and self examining, they keep doubling down until they are wearing a shoulder holster on a talk show.

They remedy any criticism by insisting they are triggering the libs, therefore it's all fine and actually good.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I love all of those bombastic, crazy action movies, though. I'm just not a (man)child who internalizes all of those masculine tropes.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Hope one of them has a voice made for radio. That's what first got me to listen to the pod.

Took a quick scan through and none of them is a Shrieker, so that's a bonus.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I wish they'd tone down the start of the shows. They've been getting longer and longer to the point where it takes them 15-20 minutes to actually start the show. Makes me wonder why they bother with the episodes that are an hour or less when a third of the episode is just preamble/listening to the names of patrons being read out.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I would also like to see Dan full commit to a new subject. And a new co-host.

Robert Evans would be good (But would never happen). +90% insight, -100% obnoxious hammed up laughter every 30 seconds. Everyone wins.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I don't think their hearts are in this anymore. Between the lengthy (and lengthening) show introductions to the frequent diversions into things not related to AJ in the middle of the show (This week it was Survivor talk which I admit is about as boring to me as any subject can possibly get), to the gradual shortening of shows in addition to all the filler, I think they need to admit to themselves that they need to move on. Even when they stay on topic, it almost all feels like retreading old ground, which isn't their fault so much as AJ's lack of creativity.

I think they need to either commit to a new subject, or a different kind of podcast altogether. I worry if they don't do it soon, people are going to stop listening and they'll have trouble recovering even if they do pivot. I feel like I'm on the verge of moving on, myself. I find myself skipping over almost half of the show time these days.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I made the mistake of going back and trying to listen to stuff from the first 200 episodes. I found it to be completely unlistenable due to Jordan performatively shriek-laughing through about 80% of the episodes. It's remarkable they lasted long enough for him to calm his tits a bit. I'm honestly baffled that anyone can sit through that without getting annoyed.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Stop. loving. Talking. Over. The. loving. Clips.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhAF4Yw0A4E

Hasn't Alex said that video games are one of the tools the NWO uses to keep people docile and ignorant?

Edit: Also there's a good shot it mines crypto while running.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 19, 2023

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

I just started this and the main guy is awesome, but the other host just seems to scream all the time, even over the clips that he plays. Does he ever like, settle down?

You should know that when people say Jordan "Chills out" eventually, they mean that he turns the dial from 500% to about 300%.

If you generally just don't like his mania, he's pretty much always that to some degree or another, and once you notice his verbal tics, you will never un-notice them. If you listen on PC, bind a key to fast forward 15 seconds and use it liberally. It helps a lot when he works himself into shrieking fits. Also good for skipping through boring derails when they happen.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Sandy Hook families offer Alex Jones deal to pay 6 percent of $1.5B he owes to get out of bankruptcy

quote:

“Jones may elect to receive a complete discharge for himself and (his parent company also in bankruptcy) if he agrees to pay, from any source, at least $8.5 million per year, plus 50 percent of any income over $9 million per year, for 10 years,” reads a settlement offer by the families’ attorneys, filed two days before Thanksgiving in Texas bankruptcy court. “The time has come for Jones to choose whether he is willing to pay his creditors a reasonable portion of what they are owed or would prefer to remain embroiled in costly and time-consuming litigation for years to come.”

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Alex Jones: Conspiracy theorist returns to X after Elon Musk poll

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Mauser posted:

Twitter is going to move to dick pill and gold sales soon to solve it's advertiser problem

Crossposted from the Elon Musk thread. Don't know if it's real, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Depends on how much chili he's eaten on any given day.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Someone needs to slip Jordan a sedative. Jesus Christ. He's regressing to his pre-episode 100 behavior.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

I appreciate the other person who is driven crazy by Jordan's verbal tics.

:hfive:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Jordan's main problem, beyond the shrieking is that he talks just to talk. 90% of the time when he starts talking, he doesn't actually know what he's about to say.

Also, the show is still quite listenable (but sometimes still frustrating) if you dislike Jordan. You just need an easily accessible [Skip 15 seconds] button that you can mash a few times whenever he starts screaming or rambling.

Dan is fantastic enough and Alex is interesting enough as a subject to make it worth it.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

teen witch posted:

There’s something about Carlson that makes me physically uneasy. I can’t explain it but I feel like that sensation when you’re mere seconds from puking, but for the entire duration I hear his voice.

Uncanny Valley.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

MAIN LAHHHHHHHN NOOOOOOOOWS

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Oh my god this Elon interview with Lemon makes him sound so much dumber than I though it would, and my expectations were real fuckin' low.

"If we keep talking about [racism], it's never going to go away."

Like holy loving poo poo. I could write several paragraphs on this statement alone.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

This motherfucker keeps putting me to sleep but Jordan won't let me stay asleep.

This episode is an actual form of torture.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

New one of these is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf_q7ZPYRtI

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I've been messing with AI voices and I found this to be kinda funny. Is there anyway to embed Soundcloud here?

https://on.soundcloud.com/hrsPEzyvhV3PoE8Y9

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

What are the circumstances where you want an erection to be painful

When you are so insecure about your masculinity, the only thing that can convince you that you're a "real man" is to have a hardon that literally hurts you.

Thankfully none of these people will experience any such thing by buying snake oil from Alex Jones. They'll just have to deal with their insecurity some other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

tsob posted:

I mean, considering that the other way is often "take it out on everyone around them and try to control everything so they feel like a man" maybe a painful boner to remind them of how stupid being caught up in your own masculinity is would be a better solution?

I'm pretty sure a lot of these people are hoping to be able to beat their wives while sporting a painful hardon. They probably can't imagine anything more "manly".